Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tried to represent on Pinks All Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 7, 2009.

1. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Hey Don,
    We know you will represent the gasser division in a great way. Good luck to you. Love the Reaper!!!:D

2. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

congrats don.im happy and sad at the same time.i wish i could have made it in at norwalk.i tryed.me and my wife called with 3 phones.i finally got through at 1:15{after about 3000 calls}they told me i was on the waiting list but havent got the call.i tryed again for the readding pa one yesterday and didnt get through.well at least i have a reason to go and watch.and i dont have to worry about drinking beer ALL DAY LONG!!!cant wait to see richs face when he gets a good look at the underside of your car.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Had a buddy do the show. You sign a release at the beginning of the show that says in big letters across the top. THIS IS A TV SHOW, IT IS NOT A RACE.......

4. Maybe the Willys Gasser guys in Heaven pulled some strings and influenced the Pinks management. No matter how it came about, I thrilled you got the call and I'm sure you will represent the traditional, wheels up Gasser's, in the best possible way.
    Is a fresh paint job in the plan? Gotta look good for the camera!

5. dragway classic

dragway classic
    from U.P.

RICH SAYS,all I ask is that you run ALL OUT ALL OUT ALL OUT run en over

6. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

that is a fresh paintjob {maybe 4 years ago}it looks the way it is supose to{in my eyes}.i know he wont change a thing on it.its not the way it "looks"its the way it "looks"going down the track!

7. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

what the #### is with the being on tv such a big deal thats what its all about MONEY!!!

8. vertible59

vertible59

Anyone see Charlie Overfelt put his '48 Austin gasser in the finals at Bristol? Stuff like that is what keeps me watching.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hahah!!!
    best show ever!:D

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thats great don!!! cant wait!
    btw...ill be really stoked when you take that sig off about the amc funnycar body! I REALLY WANT TO SEE YA BUILD THAT ONE!:cool:

11. brewsir

brewsir

I'm with you....beats hell out of a lot of crap that goes on in this world.

12. First off, congrats Don. You'll do us proud, I'm sure. :)
    That said, the amazing thing, to me, about PINKS is it got my wife to sit down and not only watch, but ENJOY, drag racing. She's actually really into it, and never gave a damn before.
    In it's first incarnation, it was pretty cheezy, like most "reality shows"... now that it's heads up, I enjoy watching it myself.
    She was actually upset we didn't get to make it when they came to Milan, and if they come close again she wants to go. :) I can't think of a better "date" than that!

JK

13. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

You do make some good points. I just quit watching because I got bored watching what seemed like the same Mustangs racing the same Camaros and Nova's. Every once in a while a Mopar would show up to create a little excitement,but not often enough to keep me watching.

I do remember seeing a channeled 32 coupe with a pretty standard looking single 4 350 show up once,and a late 40's Anglia with a single 4 454 show up once,but neither one made it to the finals.

14. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

That was the greatest 2 seconds of TV ever!!!
    " Is this thing fast?" I havent laughed that hard since!:D

15. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

That's his wife? Are you sure that ain't a dude?

16. skidsteer

skidsteer

What Megan said, and, the HAMB drags are much more worthy!

17. ardyboy

ardyboy

I'm for any show that sells drag racing and helps grow the sport. Many of these spectators would never go to a drag race but they will go for the PINKS drama. Maybe a few will get hooked for good. Maybe a few will actually decide they want to try it. You don't have to like the guy to like what he's doing. It's all good

18. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

And let's face it,guys. Nobody ever puts a show like that together unless he has a personality like Rick. Show biz ain't a occupation for modest laid-back people. If he didn't have the personality he has the show wouldn't exist.

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very cool. Maybe I'll start watching it again.

20. Rich, everybody, thanks for the kind words....I will put on a good show...Rich, as far as paint goes, nope....I like it this way...too much fun. I am going to paint the new car though......Don

Attached Files:

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

X2 Congrats....I'd put some shiney stuff on her as well

22. Don,your 41 is cool,no doubt you'll be hav'n heaps of fun,good luck.The 33 looks pretty serious,bbc,one mean mutha.Any more pics?

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Don, it's MY turn...

"Don't you dare paint that car!"

:D Hahaha!