Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Need to pick old Mopar brain

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sincitysled52, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sincitysled52

sincitysled52

Master cylinder took a crap so while i was under there last night, I noticed a sensor of some sort on the tranny with 2 terminals. Upon further investigation I found a wire wrapped up and stuffed into a frame hole with 2 pin terminals on the ends. Had to go to work before I could trace the wire back but it definatly goes up in to the engine compartment somewhere. Anyone know what that is? and why its not hooked up?

2. Need to tell us what year, make, tranny, etc...

3. Ruiner

Ruiner

Oh, that's the torque induction fluctuation calibration sensor...you only need it if you plan on going over 82 mph in reverse...or, I could just be making that up ;)...

4. neutral safety switch.

5. Heo

Heo

maby for backuplights

6. david lee

david lee

actually its for backup lights and stopping the car for starting when in gear. If I remember right one those wires goes to the starter relay

7. Three wires to a Mopar neutral safety...both outers are for backup lights and the center is the starter relay field windings ground.

8. give the man a booby doll!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

9. jimbobb

jimbobb
    from Oakdale Mn

If its old enough to have the master in the floor, than the tranny could be fluidmatic
    and the sensor would be shift governer and the wires go to the throtle possesion sensor....maybe.

10. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

One more on the neutral safety switch...

11. squirrel

squirrel

profile says

1952 Dodge Coronet

so it's probably nothing modern.

12. Early Mopar automatics had seperate switches for nuetral and b/u lights. Also no starter relay but a solenoid switch like Fords. Under the floor master cylinder is pre '55.

13. sincitysled52

sincitysled52

Sorry fellas 52 Coronet 230cid flathead 6 with the wacky semi auto tranny i believe they called it a M6 4 speed. Thanks for the info. You know anyone that has the master cheaper than Rock Auto? Man, I love this sight!!!!

14. I havent seen any for under $130..... the rebuild kits arent too expensive though...