Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's built 27RPU uncovered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Yes - built about 1966 and put on a 1940 frame with flathead and 39 trannie. Have had it about 15 or so years - finally got a 1930 roadster - so it will need a new home. Will post in classifieds after I get it out - which is going on three days now - it was buried!

covered T.jpg

T stuff.jpg

27 RPU.jpg

2. Beau

Beau

3. too much rain today and funeral tommorow...stay tuned?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I just hope that big old 40 frame was sliced and diced pretty good before installing that body on it!

5. the 40 frame is not cut down...they cut around the pedals maybe for the 39' pedals?...can't tell yet...what it looks like they did is cut the T frame off at the cowl and behind the body...welded it to angle iron and placed it on top of the 40' frame...the back wheels are not centered on the bed - which might not be a T-bed put a "A" or 32-34 bed...never saw it all over he years I tried to get it...it was in a garage with stuff piled on it...and at the time I didn't know much about T's or A's...but I knew I liked it....

6. codeblu

codeblu

At least someone thought enough to save it.

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Yeah, Come on Man!:D

Nick.

8. funeral day today with old buddies from the first grade...will I get the 53 Stude commander that's sat inside...all it's life?...who cares...if it's sunny tomatoe the RPU will see the light of day for the first time in this century!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Can't wait to see what you've found. Don't mind Pasadena, he's usually critical of everything that's posted. Although, I don't think I remember him being so even before he's seen the subject. Probably getting better at his craft or not wanting to let anyone else to observe something obvious before he has a chance to comment on it:(

Frank

10. well got er' out...filed down the points and had it poppin' off and backfiren...got it running when I first got...sold my 1940 Ford panel to fund this buy back in the day...

LS PROFILE.jpg

FLOOR IN.jpg

FLOOR OUT.jpg

RF PROFILE.jpg

RIGHT PROFILE.jpg

SCHOOL 1968.jpg

MOTOR.jpg

11. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

I for one am interested...BTW: is that a Dart or Valiant by it?

12. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

A backwoods build for sure! Throw the frame away and salvage body ,bed etc.

13. yes...guess it was kinda the S-1O frame of the day or just what was laying around...one of my Cuda's helped pull it out - another affliction I have...

14. what about this spring - did they re-arc them this way?

FRONT SPRING.jpg

15. guy51usa

guy51usa

Maybe some of those nasty pos people call traditional really are.

16. OFT

OFT

Yep, brick under spring and heat with a rosebud until spring met the brick. Been there done that. Some of the how it was done back in the day should not be used.

Earl

17. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Have you decided if you are going to break it up or sell together...Can you PM me possible prices if not too early?? I'm kinda on the fence on another purchase and am trying to decide if I should go for it... Thanks:D