Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody into the 57 Ford......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pitts642, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Always liked 57 Fords thought they are one of the better designs. I have seen so many 57 Chevy's in my life time they just do nothing for me, and have gotten way to cliche'.

Here is a piece of 57 Ranchero I did some trade out work for, I do have the doors and bumpers as well. Still not sure who got the better deal.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Since this thread is is on the 57 Ford, Would anyone know where i can find a windshield im having the hardest time finding one for my Ranchero

3. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I'm not much into '57s. I really prefer the '56s myself, but, I digress. There is a local So-Cal '57 Ranchero that I just love, however. Don't know if any one is familiar with this car? Its candy apple red with metal silver flake scalloped panels on the body and roof. I've seen it at the Primer Nats in Ventura, CA. a couple of times. I'm sure someone here has a picture of it somewhere. But, that particular '57 made me rethink my position on '57 Fords for sure.

Still prefer '56s though. Just my two cents.

4. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Wagons werte the primary factor... over 120,000 units sold... they were 6" lower than the 56 and had about the same capacity and easier access... they were so advanced they sold more than all the competiters combined... odd because today its hard to find survivors since most were used for parts cars for the hard tops and retractables

5. metalman

metalman

Thanks for the complimant. I like it even more now, got it back from the upolstery shop Saturday. Had a tired and cheap interior, seat spring poking me in the a--, now has a sweet tuck & roll job. Finally found a good stich man!
    DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG
    I imagine the farther north you are the tougher it is to find a solid 57 Ford, it's tough to find a rust free one here in the desert!

For those inquiring the black 57 sedan I mentioned has been sold and shipped to New York

6. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Is this the one your talking about?

Attached Files:

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

When I pulled a motor out of my 59 Bird and put it in the 57 we just flipped the motor mounts and everything bolted up including the driveshaft (both were automatics)... they were a factory setup but the exhaust manifolds on the later models may have been wider requireing earlier oem or aftermarket headers

8. custom300

custom300

I have a custom 300 running 315M/C6 owned it for 10 yrs and still love to drive it.

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That gasser tends to make me salivate all over my t shirt. Wonder what motor it had.

10. Here's my Fairlane 500. Found it 1982 while everyone else was looking for '57 Chevys. Just finishing up it's second restoration. It runs a warmed over 312 with a Cruise-O-Matic.

Like many who have already posted, I wanted to trick out a '57 Custom with a big-block 460 and after looking for two years I found my '58 Custom 300 and gave it the business.

Larry D

Attached Files:

11. I really love the '57-'58 Fords. Have often dreamed of a '57 Del Rio!
    On a recent road trip we came upon this '57 headin' towards us. Now, how often would that happen in a far away country at the bottom of the globe..??

[​IMG]

But, this is my favourite shot....

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Cruisin'

12. Doll Kustom

Doll Kustom

here's somethin' to add.... i don't have photos anymore.. but i was doing a painting with some of my boyfriends cars for him for christmas this year... this was while it was in progress... two of em are 57 fords... the ranchero is an old bill hines kustom, and the wagon is kinda historical in his own right.. he's had it for like 16 years!!!
    then he got it tattooed based on my drawing... aaaaawee how sweet... (ha ha!) i guess you can say he's a 57 ford nut.. he's actually got a 58 panel too.... no photos of that yet though.... he said he's going to build it like it's 57 so he can line em all up and have car, truck (ranchero), and utility..... silly car boys... aaaah.. i love em!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Get in line Jeff, if I find 2 I'll give you a call:)

Frank

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I'll be at your door Frank.

15. this was at the Willy's Home Run last year

[​IMG]

16. vertible59

vertible59

427 ford!

17. Gasser57

Gasser57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyaXMSHbtVU

Burnout contest at Dragway 42 a couple years ago. I lost the contest, but came in second at the drags that day. I'm running a 523 SCJ now, it should be a bit faster now.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

You guys might enjoy these (If they haven't been posted yet)

What makes these Flag men hover above the ground ? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

This one found me a few years ago,... The guy wanted to sell it cheap, "cause it had the wrong motor in it" (302 2V-C4) the glass and stainless was in the barn, I had bought it to give to my Brother to work on when he recovered from his cancer,.... well Rick didn't make it. so it sits high & dry and covered up,.... don't think I'll ever do anything with it, but can't bring myself to sell it,.... you could probably buy it at my official "kicked the bucket" Auction.

This is how it looked the day I went to look at it, took pictures with the cell phone,... threw money at the old guy, and figured out where I would put it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Here are a few old family photos.
    In roof top tent photo, around 1959, I am on top handing something
    to my grandmother. Mother on the left.
    In the other, I am the tallest of the 3 boys.
    The last was my first car, 1969, when I was 18.

Attached Files:

21. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Here are 2 '57's that I photographed over the last 2 years....

Attached Files:

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

[​IMG]

And they fly good too !
    [​IMG]

23. FANTM58

FANTM58

Are thoes pics of the hill climb race from the Pikes Peak hill climb in Colorado ?
    Also a fan of the 57 Ford ,not as comon ---- cool as hell !!

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Glad to hear that! Do you know any of the history behind the car?

25. I inharited this one this summer.[​IMG]

26. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

My" Ol Friend " in the 70's, 12 sec 390....OCIR
    [​IMG]

In the 80's and 90's, 11 sec 427 Med Riser LACR[​IMG]

Into the 21st Century and we're still here...429 street car now. Cam, Headers, Intake
    10" Conv with 3:55's[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  27. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

One I cruised while racing the fast one. Didn't build this. just drove the shit out of it

[​IMG]

I believe this one is in Sweden now.

28. vertible59

vertible59

Seems to me that car was featured in SRM many years ago. The car always stuck with me because I had a '57 Custom 300 at the time, and the one in the pix shown here gave all us Ford boys something to shoot for.

All my old mags are in storage, but as popular as that black '57 has been over the years, surely a HAMBer has the story handy. Hope so, I'd like to see the details again myself.

29. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I've always loved the 57's. I had an altered wheelbase drag car with an Algon injected lincoln 430 that I bought years ago from another HAMB'er and always regretted selling it. Ironically, now I've got a 512 inch Lincoln 430 dragster motor with 6 dueces and couldn't sell it when I needed money but I sold some other stuff and ended up with a 57 Ford Fairlane convertible with no engine this week...you see where this is going...