Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geo Poteet ..New Truck @ GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No surprises here - looks just like the concept work up. I wasn't too fond of it when I first saw it inked either...

George is a great guy and I'm glad he has another well executed build in the shed. Awesome work. Just not my taste.

2. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Love the Ala Kart. I love the quality and craftsmanship in George's truck, but it's not my thing.

3. Yes my son...that's one "busy" build!!!! Not diggin it...Waste of a great engine.

4. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

[​IMG]

5. titus

titus

just show when a guy has to much money and to many ideas.

lots of neat parts, could build about a hundred cool cars with all the parts used on that bugger.

JEFF

6. Flatbush

Flatbush

Cars and women; some you admire from afar, you cant take your eyes off them and you dream of them at night. Others you want to be close to. They never cease to amaze and please your senses; you desire to know every detail and you listen very carefully when they whisper!
    I love it !!!

7. Not my kind of hot rod. But it is a hot rod. A real hot rod. And it will be driven. Which is more than you can say for most high end show cars.

8. dirt racer

dirt racer
    from California

Forget the craftsmanship, that truck is just Butt Ugly. Sometimes the truth hurts.

9. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

keep it simple stupid......that truck has way too much things and bling for my taste

10. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Less is more, I totally agree.

11. solid

solid

It's got a engine, and tires how bad could it be ? I,m sure the craftsmanship is out of this world. The front 3/4 shot looks pretty cool. Just not my thing. If i had the $bucks$ to put in a car, i'm sure i wouldnt be building the primered shitboxes i've been building. To each his own. I for one i'm not going to set here, and call george poteets ugly truck ugly, i'm just not going to do it. Besides, he has plenty of other badass rods.

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Screw the truck, it's about the craftmanship it took to get there. I'll be waiting for one of the winers to shit or get off the pot and do something that'll get the attention that this ride will! Come on show your stuff.

13. vendetta

vendetta

i love the proportions of this lil truck.the build quality is nothing short of incredible but it instantly reminded me of this-
    don't get me wrong i like it but it is quite "busy".
    i also appreciate that someone like george poteet has given us all some damn killer cars to ogle over the years

Attached Files:

14. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

That things still ugly... looks like Liberace would use it to haul rose pedals to his bathroom...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just got done looking at more photos of the GNRS... ya think it's time to give poor George a break and blast some of the other strange things there?!?!?! Gary

16. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

17. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

18. mogara

mogara

I stopped by Brian's house a little over a year ago and was very impressed with the craftsmanship. In my opinion, its one of those projects that is more impressive in the build pics than in the finished product (I do like the finished product too, though). Brian took George's vision and made it happen.

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

rat rod meets money

20. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that's what George wanted then I'm happy for him. As long as it's well made, I will never criticize another man's taste. Last time I checked it was still (barely) a free country and we can spend our money as we please. Happy that a hot rod shop got a jump start with this project. I would love to see it in person and I would love to see it driven.

21. alchemy

alchemy

But people turn away when they're shouting like a crazy woman.

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! Finally had a chance to go back and look at the build pics. JEESH! The craftsmanship is incredible, but it's WAY too busy for my taste as well.

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

This is a dumb statement and I completely disagree.

It's a street rod with some amazing parts and finish work that rivals only a few. There should be no surprise it doesn't fit in here. G.P. has the life we'd love to have (as far as hobby-ability) and he chose to have exactly what you see in the pics, not to try and fit in here.

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a huge Rad Rides by Troy fan and I like a lot of Poteets stuff so I cannot wait
    to see the truck in person. My first impression was not good until you look who was
    behind the build. Take the time to look at the build pictures, the detail is way too
    kool. I love to see new Hot Rods and Kustoms built that are not your normal cookie
    cutter projects and this truck doesn't fit the mold. Very kool!

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. Yup, still ugly today.:p

26. I don't know that I would go as far as screwed over :D but I definitley think it looked less hectic before all the paint, polishing and plating was done.

27. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Rad Rides does amazing work and their craftsmanship is unreal but their stuff is over the top for me. I think over the top is the point though for Rad Rides, hint the name of Troy's shop and all of their builds. Push the envelope in fabrication and style. If you have the money, shop, tools, and man power why not if thats what you want to build. Unique truck just not my style.

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I went back and deleted my negative comment about George's truck. I felt a little guilty about saying something against a friend's vehicle.

If you remember, I almost went stupid overboard on my coupe build with all of the WWII aircraft stuff I was planning for it...you guys talked me out of alot of it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Rad Rides did not design and build this truck.

30. bigolds

bigolds

I really like the truck....with the exception of all the glitz, ya know too much polish!!! The rivets, louvers and lightening and character holes are cool...I personally don't like the polished louvers. Kinda looks like one of those bejeweled buses in the Philipines and other countries!!!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.