Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 buick 4 link

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joel c., Jan 26, 2010.

1. joel c.

joel c.
    from so cal

looking for pics of early 50s buicks that were 4 linked saw a couple good posts but still looking for pics or ideas thanks joel

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Look on www.webrodder.com step by step install of 4 bar on a '51 . I am geting ready to do an open drive conversion on my '40 Buick Super and am going to use "truck arms" from stock car products. similar to the '62 / '72 hevy pickup rear control arms. Very effective way to control rear axle and can use stock coils and track bar adapted to new rear axle housing.

3. joel c.

joel c.
    from so cal

thanks for the info hnstray.does anybody know if shortbed or longbed trailing arms are diferent in length and if so which ones would be the ones to get. and if anybody has pics would like to see them also.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

to the best of my knowledge the length is the same, the difference in wheelbase is in the front section of the (2 piece) driveshaft. A web search of "truck arms" or Trailing Arm suspension" should turn up some installs. Also, the Classic Truck Magazine has done feature articles on installing these arms. Surely they have a website too. A company called CPP (Classic Peformance Products) offers a sort of repro of this style arm. I don't like their arms because they are tubular and will not "twist" as do the stockers, but they will give you an idea of the setup. An outfit called Stock Car Products has a repro in the stock style that I have purchased for my project. Mostly because here in the Midwest (Rust Belt) stock Chevy truck arms are too rusty by now to be useful. But, living in SoCal, you may be able to score some good stockers at a decent price.

Ray