Register now to get rid of these ads!

My little project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotcargo, Jan 28, 2010.

1. hotcargo

hotcargo

This pic taken about 18 months ago , I started out with a nice and original deuce chassis thats been pinched and flattened , boxed etc and the cab being made from two coupe doors and a rusty and gutted fuel tank all else made by me , including the bed etc , blown 354 , top loader 4 speed , my own 9" , on triangulated stainless ladder bars , a mate overseas reckoned you guys might want to have a look see .........cheers [​IMG] Steve in Oz

2. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Good start yes we want to see in more detail please mate good avro to you.

3. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

It's looking good. I agree on more details, you have done a lot of work an only one picture....

Keep up the hard work.

4. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Looks like you got yerself a "Boss Hauler", Keep up the good work... your garage look's alot like mine... 10 lb. $**t in a 5 lb. bag.

5. nothing says look out! like a blown hemi. i love where this is headed, but we need more details.
    very cool.

6. Very cool, you should bring it to our 2010 chopped show oct 1-2-3!!

7. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

keep them coming! ya just need 8 carbs on top of that blower!!!!

8. 73super

73super

A cruiser and occasional racer... Love it.. That thing oozes potential!

9. kisam

kisam

This is gonna be good! Can't wait to see it rollin down the road! How about some side shots?

10. hotcargo

hotcargo

Thanks for the positive vibes guys , The best years of my life with my rods were in the late '60's and '70's , so thats where my head is at with this thing . In my own way I'm goin' back to my traditional time .

I want it to be perfectly streetable and I'll be driving the wheels off it , so it is being built to our safe guidelines here in Australia .....an example .....I want to put the '36 wishbones on the front but the certyifying engineer wants 4 bar ??? , he's happy on the rear with the T spring and ladder bars though

Cheers

Steve in Oz

11. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

old school cool man!

12. pitman

pitman

I want it to be perfectly streetable and I'll be driving the wheels off it , so it is being built to our safe guidelines here in Australia .....an example .....I want to put the '36 wishbones on the front but the certyifying engineer wants 4 bar ??? , he's happy on the rear with the T spring and ladder bars though...

Would it upset him terrribly, if you were to point out the first 30 years of Hemi powered model A's used the '36 bones? There's more than a little precendent proven design that he's helped by knowing the quality of the period (1955-1975) choices.

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

great looking project i hope for more photos as you work on it

14. hotcargo

hotcargo

Hey Kustom Linez

it just occured to me , your old man featured one of my cars in his magazine , 30 years ago to the month , CR 56 , page 32

...........Wow how time flies........

Cheers

Steve in Oz

15. I wonder what ever became of this?