Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tanks Inc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wideglide74, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Has anyone done business with these people lately? I can NOT get through on the telephone and they provide no email contact on their site. 320 558 6882? Thanks...

2. yblock292

yblock292

I did one time and never again.Sold me a set of saddle tanks for TCI model a frame told me they would work, got them, painted all the brackets went to mount them would not work on after market frame due to radius rod mounts , would not take brackets back because i painted them plus charged me restocking fee and i had to pay shipping.My fault for not trying them first but just figured since the guy said they would work i took his work for it.

3. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

The tank I got from them worked fine. No complaints here

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've used dozens of Tanks/tanks, never had a problem. Once in a while they can be a little difficult to get on the phone!

5. Donnda

Donnda

I used their saddle tanks on both my 29A sedan and my 28A roadster very happy with them but sometimes getting to talk to them a problem keep trying

6. I bought mine through Yogi's, no problems.

7. First rate...........

8. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

9. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I have a Tanks tank. No issues fitted great first time unlike the other manufacturers one that I brought and had to sell off:)

10. I use one of their tanks and love it.

11. aldixie

aldixie

I have one in my Chevy, nice and reasonable price.

12. I bought one for 37 Chevy sedan from Tanks I thought the quality of the tank was very good except for they welded the fill tube flange on the wrong end I got through to them right away and the next day they hand delivered a new one to my door with a Tanks T-Shirt and a new rubber tube to connect it to my filler neck and he wanted to buy my old rusty tank so I sold it to him also I must note that I only live about an hour from them though. Would I buy another one from them......You bet I would!

13. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Have used a lot of different tanks from TANKS. Never a problem with any of them!

14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Me too, own three currently. I usually buy from a dealer. Joe

15. john walker

john walker

got the universal truck tank on my diamond t and it works fine. the recessed flange for the in and out fittings was a bit of a challenge attaching a fitting that didn't require the hose to kink as it left the recessed area, but i dimpled the edge of the recess and it's close enough. hard as hell to get through on the phone though.

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Had one of their tanks in my 37 and used their in-tank pump on my new build. Nice stuff. I onlly had to call them twice, they picked up both times. Gary

17. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They were high quality before they moved to China. Regards, Ron

18. Thats probly why the flange was welded on the wrong end of my fill pipe :D

19. A Boner

A Boner

I think you have them mixed up with VINTIQUE...................TANKS are made in Minn. U.S.A. and are first class.

20. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

nice tank, best price

21. rjgideon

rjgideon

I got one of their 51 ford plastic tanks for my Plymouth. Nice quality and well built. I got it off ebay from good old Gearhead Enterprises.

22. Jessefelix

Jessefelix
    from Hanford,Ca

I got saddle tanks for my 31, I got them really quick for a good price good quality tanks

23. titus

titus

Ive had good luck with thier tanks.

I know they dont really like to deal direct if they dont have to, so call someone up whos a dealer for them.

JEFF

24. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just to clarify, some of tanks products are made overseas, says so right on the box. If they didn't you wouldn't be buying at a price you all enjoy!

25. 5window

5window

Right! I bought my universal tank about 4 or 5 years ago. I was going to be in MN so I called to see if I could just pick it up-I was, basically,told to go away. Pretty rudely for a Midwest company-I've always found midwesterners to be pretty cordial. Ordered it from Yogi's, great price, fast delivery, and very friendly.

About a year ago, I had an issue with the cap gasket and Tanks sent me two replacements right away. I have no beef with their very good product-just get it from a supplier,not direct. Good luck with you contact attempts. Keep us posted.

26. The trick is to call on the second Tuesday of the week at 2:15PM Bangkok time, not a moment sooner no later!

They are the goofiest company out there.

27. I've tried calling about 20 times over the week, once I left a message and he called back but I got to the phone late. I am going to order through a local dealer but wanted to hear first hand that I can get the options I want. Thanks...

28. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I faxed them a request for a quote, left my cell number on the request and they called me back the same day. U might try that.

29. 48flyer

48flyer

I have always used Tanks for my projects. I pick up the phone and call direct. They ship free to Minnesota customers too!
    Never a problem

30. wizzard23

wizzard23

Got one in our 50 Chev that we bought from Rod Parts Warehouse. Think it was the best buy of the whole project, $195 and free UPS!!