Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barrett-Jackson Live TV starts 01/19/10.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack Thomas, Jan 19, 2010.

1. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

It should also be noted that Ron Pratt never finished high school.

He did on occasion open his collection to a few lucky groups until one group had people opening doors and sitting in the cars. They were promptly booted out the door and nobody has been allowed in since.

2. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

That's not too bad.

3. foghorn62

foghorn62

Lot Number: 1578.1

Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2010 Sale Price: *$35,200.00 Year: 1928 Make: FORD Model: Style: CUSTOM ROADSTER Exterior Color: GOLD Interior Color: BEIGE Cylinders: 8 Engine Size: 331 HEMI Transmission: AUTOMATIC Summary: Complete frame-off custom restoration. One-of-a-kind custom roadster mated with 331 HEMI and steel body. 1 of 1 concept Street Rod. Details: An incredible concept car professionally built from top to bottom. The Brookville roadster is an all-steel body build with an amazing vintage 331 HEMI powerplant which is a fresh rebuild and complimented with a 350 Turbo automatic transmission. This is a fantastic opportunity to own a one-of-a-kind Street Rod, exceptionally built from the rebuilt 1928 wheels to the custom interior. Specifications include, custom built '32 chassis, So Cal brake system, brand new 350 Turbo transmission, Pinkees custom frame, 5" chrome drop axle, 1932 custom headlights, Walker radiator, Flaming River steering box, new drive shaft by Drive Systems, Gennie shifter, Speedway steering column, removable steering wheel, rebuilt 1928 wheels, powdercoated, Limeworks steering wheel, chopped stainless windshield stantions and frame, Currie 9" Ford rear end. All new custom interior in Sandal Tan, show quality Candy Gold paint, spun aluminum 11 gallon fuel tank, Optima battery, custom headers, custom pin stripe by Doug Dohr.

*Price Includes 10% Buyers Commission

4. I'm looking forward to the one here in SoCal,in June. I'm sure there will be a lot of HAMBers there...

5. John Denich

John Denich

yup should be good hope the economy is a little better by then...I will be there forsure!!!!!

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

I did not see it cross the block.........DAMN.

7. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

my dick head brother got to go to his place! that bastard calls me to tell me hes going and got passes for for this guy and that guy and never says he got one for me. instead he brings me pics back of the tour. what a Dick! there still in my glove box, anybody want them?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. its OK we never saw you either Kerry :D:D.........maybe the guy will trade for a 56 wagon and lessons............:rolleyes:

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Anybody else play the Fantasy Bid deal? Top score was 1050, I had a 420 and over bid 2-10 grand on a few. Had fun and I'm really clueless on the value of 95% of the stuff that ran through.

10. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

B-J is a collection of idiots - both buyers & sellers and Speed channel for putting it on TV

11. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Intelligent

12. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Yeah, better to have more "Biggest Losing Dancing With the Star Idol shows..;)

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah. Sounds like terminal cranial rectosis...

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I've been on a 7pm to 7am night shift through the whole BJ fiasco. Just caught some of the re-runs of the auction. Is it just me, or do they have the worst staff EVER to call this deal? Black rim Steve, and Mike Joy are the closest thing they have. The rest of these idiots have absolutely NO CLUE about these cars. How many times do you have to ask "Why do they put these 9" Ford rearends in Camaro's" Fucking clueless as to why you would do that........

It's just a shame that "Our Hobby" has been so tainted with all these over-injected prices for cars that will NEVER bring that money in the real world. It makes every malibu, lemans, and cutlass a collector car.

15. As far as the TV coverage and their selection of vehicles to show on air you have to remember that their goal is to please thier audience so the they pick vehicles they think their audience wants to see. My neighbor is the general manager of the local station and he told me once "people think we are in the news and entertainment business, but we're in the eyeball business. Programs are designed to attract eyeballs for advertisers."

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

I'll Trade !

17. Labold

Labold

I don't give a damn about the people, It's all about the cars!

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I still can't believe that this only sold for 11000 including commission. I would love to have this car, its beautiful!!! It all depends on who's bidding and its obvious that there weren't many traditional "Hamb" friendly people bidding on cars. I know there are deals each year, but this year it seemed like more than a few.

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

Tell me about it. $11K was a steal for the car. Just shows you that you don't have to be filthy rich to pick up a nice car at BJ. I saw a few that sold Tuesday and Wednesday that would have made decent daily drivers. Not all HAMB friendly but a pretty decent old car if you just wanted a daily. But this 59 Olds to me was the deal of the auction. Hell if I would have known something that cool was going to sell that cheap, I would have sold the wagon and some guitars and went and bought it.

20. I really wonder what someone gains by a post like this. My hat is off to the idiots that have raised millions so that a couple of kids can have a wheelchair.

21. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Hey, I lucked out and WON an Ipod touch on Friday! I was the first correct guess on the low mileage 50 Chevy coupe @ 28 grand. Surprised the crap out of me when they announced 'twotoejoe' as the winner. I won a Speed jacket the first year they did this, several years ago. But my total was around 500 points. I missed terribly on some!