Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found my first real WTF on my 65' C10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Screws, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

I am doing a complete rewire of my 65' C10, and while tightening the font quarter panels, found both body mount bolts without nuts. Definitely a WTF. I inherited this truck from a guy who did an excellent job with the motor, transmission, and suspension, but stopped (I believe due to lack of $$) with the rest of the project and sold it to me. I wonder if they rattled out or he was in the middle of something when he tapped out.

[​IMG]

As an aside, whited out/ polished the instrument cluster recently, thought folks here might dig it (had to use a white paint pen on the needles):

[​IMG]

2. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

stuff like that happens alot.sometimes people get so wrapped up with the running driveing part they forget to check out the safety part.whenever i get a car that someone elso has worked on i ALWAYS go over every nut and bolt just to make sure nothing was forgotten or just not put back on because it was either broke or to hard to put back on.

3. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

the roadster i recently bought had some many "WTF"s" that i chunked the frame and started over...lol...the recent owner spent more time half assing it then it would've taken to do it right :)

4. Nice work on the dash, I like the bowtie in center, still wanting to know how many were on the 55 and 6 car dash trim.:eek: I'll end up counting them one day. How is good ole' 21211?:)

5. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Thanks Man; it'll match the whited out dash and steering wheel.

The 21211 just IS I suppose; somehow Hampden is nourishing the hipster movement AND the locals movement on the same street. Any more MICA kids trying to be poor and in a band and Hampden could apply for annexation to the lower east side NYC. Geez. :rolleyes:

6. Sounds like "Hampdemonium". At least 83N is close by for an escape in the truck when needed!:)

7. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Haha, for sure. 83S to Mt. Royal dump off for a drink at the Dirt Church or Fells for a few at Friends are good escapes from Hampdemonium.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Screws, the gauge cluster looks awesome. I didn't think I'd like it white, but I was surely wrong. The white needles pull it together and the polished surround gives it just the right amount of pizzazz. Good job!

9. Screws

Screws
    from Baltimore

Thanks Kevin. Here's a pic of one of your 63' fenders bolted up and painted:

[​IMG]

And of the in-progress gas pedal mod using my favorite Moon product:

[​IMG]