Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fleetline Mirrors......?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drillmastertommy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. My old man owns the Fleetline pictured below, have only had it over here for a few months now and he absolutely loves it! We've 12v converted it amongst other things and since the pics were taken I have lowered it for him aswell.

The only thing he now wants to get sorted before a full year of driving is some quality, good looking mirrors that he can see out of. He likes the high level peep style but doesn't want to remove the chrome door trims.

Does anybody have any suggestions, pics of different styles? Just looking for some reccomendations as I haven't found any over here sofar.

[​IMG]

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

So you can't see out of the rear view mirrors he has on there?
    Hardest to find will be a right hand mirror that is usable.

3. teddyp

teddyp

my cuz had a 49 he put the peeps on the vent window shade so he could see

Attached Files:

4. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

I have peep mirrors on the vent window shade too, got them from Chevsofthe40s.com

5. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

[/QUOTE] Does anybody have any suggestions, pics of different styles? Just looking for some reccomendations as I haven't found any over here sofar.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    sorry to say this, but i don't think you will ever find any. i recommend you ship that fleetline to me. haha. that is a really nice car, clean and simple. i love it! like they said ^^ chevs of the 40's, or national chevy will probably be your best bet.

6. Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  7. The current mirrors on the car are pretty near useless and the passenger side is purely there to give a bit of symmetry. We would like to have something useable on both sides but we shall see what we can find, I am liking the idea of working from the vent window shade, thanks for the input.

P.S Given the stresses and agro involved in buying a car unseen from several thousand miles away rest assured we will not be parting with it anytime soon!