Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol....the Nacho's on Devonshire is owned and operated by the same family from the old one that was on Laurel Cyn. I grew up on the red sauce combo burrito's........

2. Poppycock??...........

3. flynstone

flynstone

groucho Chinese..............hmm whos gonna know more about mexican food .........im going with eric on this one...............

4. La Fogata-I ate there Wednesday night, I went back for lunch yesterday around Noon. The line was out the back door, but, 10 minutes later, I was eating. Yummy. Oh, I'm going back again today. It's about 10 miles from me

5. Eryk

Eryk

Would you prefer "balderdash"? How about "bullhonkey"? Or "chale"? Or "no mames guey"?

So did anyone get to talk to the AP reporter?

6. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

I haven't been there since the 1980's! Good Chinese food!!! I'll have to make a visit, for sure.

7. Balderdash... Now that i like.. Poppycock just didn't, To me, express the emotions you were feeling at the moment.. now... BALDERDASH!!...

8. tonys18t

tonys18t

Bollocks !

...I can almost see that Nachos place from my house, never been there, might give it a try

9. Eryk

Eryk

It's actually not bad at all. The red burritos are good. I have liked their rice bean and cheese burritos since I was a little kid. I doubt the food is any different from the old one in San Fernando. To me, there was just something magical about ordering from the little walkup window on laurel canyon and scratching your name into the graffiti filled table while you waited for your food. Now it's a fuckin taco bell.:(

Back to Cruising! Haha.

10. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Who was the guy taking the pictures on VNB by the Rydell showroom by the corner of VNB @ Burbank Blvd? Anybody know if they are posted somewhere?

Also, did anyone see NavyMailMan out there? Couldn't see shizzle in the dark parking lot and the BULL was deader 'n dead at 7pm.

11. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

YUP. I thought the cruise started at 8pm??? why were people leaving so early?

12. 'cause it was cold dammit.

13. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

It wasn't just cccccold, the wind made it miserable. I thought the cruising was supposed to start at 7pm.
    Some guy parked next to me with a car for sale, had a metal "For Sale" sign on it, and the wind grabbed it and flung it. It missed my car by inches! I was really pissed, It's starting to look like a used car lot over there at the old Rydell lot. I hope this guy is more carefull with his signage in the future. I know he doesn't want to be paying to repaint my pearl essence car!

BTW - Skeeter and the Coachmen had a nice gathering at the Islands parking lot in Newbury Park on Saturday night. You should come out there on Feb. 20 for the next one.
    Lots of great restaurants to eat at. Robert, I wouldn't even make you tie your hair back! LOL!

14. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Question:

Back in the day, what was the reason for the Wednesday nights? Was it because of the (then) popular "car club night?" I'd sure like to hear some more history of VNB, I've enjoyed this thread.

15. skullhat

skullhat

i beleive thats right, and its posted earlier in this very thread

skull

16. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

The guy taking pictures by the showroom was from the Associated Press...Navymailman wasn't there this month....

17. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

I saw the AP guy. This was someone different.

18. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

There was also a photographer from AP as well as the reporter....

19. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

When can we expect to see an editorial from AP regarding January's cruise?

20. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Dunno yet.....

21. Was it worth edititoriealizing? Not sure on the speeling:D

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Here you go, editorializing :p

23. so who is hitting the BLVD this week??????????

24. La Fogata Mexican food? YUMMY, I'm in

25. rev106

rev106

I'll be bringin' the a100

26. Post a pic to remind everyone;)

27. The usual suspects will be there. I'm hitting La Fogata at 5pm. Who's with me?

28. rev106

rev106

[​IMG]

29. flynstone

flynstone

seghi you gonna bring out one of your other toys ..........or your daily again

30. Hey Flynstone, I was gonna bring my Camaro out but it looks like it's not going to be ready so I guess the daily will have to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.