Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel 32 ford 3 window rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty B, Jan 24, 2009.

1. tinmann

tinmann

Glad to see an update, Kirk. I've got your door pieces strapped together. I've got to put the canopy on my truck so I can bring some cardboard home Monday for the final wrap. Shipping quote a.s.a.p.

I took your advice and began a HAMB album for my 3w.

2. freebird101

freebird101

3. Crafty B

Crafty B

Im thinking about making the boxed area behind the distributor actually bolt to the firewall, I would make a small flange that went all the way around the box on the firewall side with a gasket between the two pieces then bolt the two together....it would look cool and add a little detail. Thanks Tinman for the much needed door skin and your 3 window is a cream puff.

more later
    Crafty B Nostalgic Speed
    www.crafty-b.com

4. Crafty B

Crafty B

I worked on the other side of the firewall Sunday and I need to finish up the recessed box.
    Crafty

Attached Files:

5. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Nice job . I really like the work on the rear susp. Where did you find the cool buggy spring mounts, did you make them?

6. Crafty B

Crafty B

yes.. I made the pattern and then had them cast in 356 A aluminum. I cant wait to blow the chassis apart and start doing the painting and detail work, it looks like a old turd right now.

7. Crafty B

Crafty B

Im running some big 750 x 16 firestone's on the back so I wanted a little wider wheel, I used a spare tire wheel off of a chevy pick up for the rim and it's 6 1/2" wide. I had to shim out the old center 1/8 per side to fit the chevy rim, I used strips of 3/16 stock and then turned to to size on the lathe but I could have used 1/8 thick stock and it would have fit with out having to use the lathe. Getting the centers out of the rims was the worst part of this project.

Crafty

Attached Files:

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

This is cool as hell!!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Keep the details on this one coming. Already it's not a "cookie cutter" '32 3w build. Do my suspicions that a set of Crafty E&J's will find their way on the front of this one have any validity? If so might I suggest you do a "one off" set of mounts just to keep the "company '32" unique.
    I've been playing with the first set of downscaled ones I got from you and I think they will show up on a '32 roadster I've got most of the parts collected for.

Frank

10. Crafty B

Crafty B

Im on a roll now..let's see how long it will last HA HA
    here is the begining of the front motor plate

Attached Files:

11. Great Build!!!

12. Crafty B

Crafty B

I got the recessed box pretty much hammerd out tonight..it's rattle can primed so I guess it's done...I wish

Crafty B Nostalgic Speed
    www.crafty-b.com

Attached Files:

13. Crafty B

Crafty B

Good Morning

Im going to finish up the other wheel today I hope..I had alittle time the other night and I started on the gas tank, it's a pair of look to be nose cones off of something millitary that I have been saving for quite awhile. They are around 16" in dia and maybe 20" long so Im going to weld them together..Im post pic's tonight. Back to the top on the Max Bullet lights...yes I will run them with the matching tail lights and I have already cast up the new mounts for front lights.

Anybody know what a real nice original 3 window seat is worth?

more later Crafty

14. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Diggin' this thread a lot! Wish there was more of this on the hamb. Nice work!!

15. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Crafty, Coupe is looking great. Will follow along as you post updates.

41 Dave

16. Crafty B

Crafty B

Thanks Dudes!!! off to the shop for alittle me time..pullin the truck inside and shutting the door...hopfully no one will find me haha

I post pic's later
    CB

17. Crafty B

Crafty B

Here is the fuel tank project that I started a couple nights ago.. I was going to work on it yesterday but a couple of buddy's and myself did a you tube video of the B-Line truck out in the snow and a shop tour...still doing the edit but I think it will be great and if it's not it was still a riot doing donuts in the parking lot.

Attached Files:

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

that's cool...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

20. Neat tank! Are those baffles in each side?

21. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Nice work Crafty, you always have great ideas

22. Crafty B

Crafty B

Wow thanks for the kind words!! we all know how hard it is to come up with something a little different... I just lucked out on the those nose cones a couple years ago.. I was going to use them as flower pots..

na just kidding

Crafty

23. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Great work on the firewall and cool tank!

24. Nice work Kirk! Glad to see you're making progress...I still can't believe how much work you've done in the old truck shed....that place used to be such a dump when I worked for the old man...

25. Crafty B

Crafty B

HEY KEITH!!! ya it was quite a job getting the Q hut into shape but was well worth it for sure! and thanks Hot Turkey... cant wait to get back to the ol 32 project but Im super busy, hopefully things have warmed up for you down there so you can back on yours.

26. Crafty B

Crafty B

hey here is the video we made when I should have been working on the coupe last weekend..beat the hell out of the B-line but it was a blast
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgZB_Sm00nQ
    Crafty

27. rick goetz

rick goetz

Cool you tube video. I stay in Grand Rapids each Sept when I go to The Zoo. I've got an original 5 window seat frame if it's the same as a 3 window. (If you need one.) How's the roof on the coupe? If you are looking for a filler I can help you out too if it can wait till Sept.

28. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

I never realized how slick the B-line was!!! Very impressive

29. Great video-love your shop! Where did you find the textured paneling you used in the B-line's interior? Cool Stuff! By the way, I bought my '32 3W in 1998 in Grand Rapids from an old guy named Don Bratt. I think he now has a '39 Ford convertible the last time I heard from him. He was an old hot rodder from the 50's, and he gave me pic of him and his girlfriend (now wife) and his hot rod 3W from 1951 right before he was drafted into the Korean war.

30. Crafty B

Crafty B

WOW I actually finished a project today!!! here's the new motor mounts..now I need to make the brackets that will attach to the front motor plate.

Crafty

Attached Files: