Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Nice and sunny here in the Santa Clarita Valley. The ground is drying up. Looks like it's ON. BTW - I have KRTH 101 on here at work and they mentioned the cruise at Van Nuys Blvd. He said "it's on until it gets rowdy". LOL! Now who in the world might make it ROWDY!
    See ya there with my She-Velle.

2. One Finger John

One Finger John

And who has the um ... receding hair line?

Sorry didn't see the caption. Was blinded by the flash.

Good looking jackets, how many were made?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. VonWegener

VonWegener

Thank You for a very nice positive writeup!

4. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Showing your best side Groucho!:D:eek::D
    See you guys tonight - some where on 'the bull' I'll be in the '69 Squire again.
    Were's the orange line lot exactly?

5. MCM

MCM

Great article, that's my buddy's purple Chrysler in the top pic :cool:

Just north of Oxnard on the east side of Van Nuys Blvd.

6. skars56s

skars56s

Great story, the sun is out and should be nice for cruising. See you tonight on the Blvd.

Randy

7. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Van Nuys and Aetna 1 street North of Oxnard. East side of the street,
    on Aetna 2nd driveway. Just a few blocks North of where we were.

8. Put up a Rydell sign there, so we feel at home:D

9. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

10. MCM

MCM

Well it is right across the street from the new Rydell lot, so it won't be that much different :)

11. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

I'm one of the "chicks" from the late 70's with my DITTOS (feel the fit). LOL!
    Hey, how do I put a picture in my post?

12. Ladies and Gentlemen? Tonight we cruise.

13. man is this the same groucho from a couple of days ago. the one with all the negative post? :D:D

14. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

AP Reporter is out tonight!!! Everyone make him feel welcome:D

15. 4406

from Oklahoma

Wish I could be there. Stuck in Okc for now.

16. flynstone

flynstone

it was fun,,dinner was good my car made its maiden voyage all was good..............

17. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wish that I could have made it out, but had to be here at the Broiler running our cruise :). I thought about making the drive out, but that wouldn't be right ;)
    Hope that you all had a great time, Where'd ya all park if the Rydell lot wasn't avail?
    The guys at Ralph's lot seemed a p.o'd last month???

18. did the cold scare people off? Someone needs to tell the people with the 26 inch rims and speakers mounted in their grilles to cool it with the music. It was way too loud.

19. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Are you for real, they really did that.:rolleyes: If so what a bunch of hill jacks.:rolleyes:

20. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

The blvd was loud tonight... Loud with music. Boy those 26 inchers came out in force tonight. Besides the DUB invasion it was a good turnout considering it was cold and windy AND it rained earlier in the day.

21. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

It was funny seeing all the people still parking in the Rydell lot even though the lights were off. I don't get it... the lights are off and people still chose to park in the dark?????

I also noticed a lot of police action around all the "26 rim" cars. By the time I left around 10pm the Ralphs parking lot was full of police.

22. TKuhl

TKuhl
    from Pac NW

damnit man, you were gone in a flash before i could see it!

What time you guys start out? i get there about 845 and it seems pretty quiet at least this month. musta been the weather. can't wait for summer.....

23. eric

eric

:confused: thought their was a cruise tonight??

got their at 8 and found a handful of folks on the blvd, took a cruise and found people in a pitch black parking lot looking at cars with flashlights:rolleyes:

got to hang out with friends and grab a bite, and cruise the blvd. all in all a good night

hopefully it warms up and people really start cruising:cool:

24. rev106

rev106

Fun. See you at the next one.

25. flynstone

flynstone

got there around 6 left around 830 the dub shit sucks maybe if they listen to the same station ,,,,,,na what am i saying they suck....still fun the 34 has a lot of bugs to work out..but it was there..........

26. roadracer

roadracer

damnit. i'm sitting here in winnetka bored out of my skull last night, i should pay more friggin attention. shit. i've only been here 4 months, but i've never been to a VN cruise night..

27. well that's 4 months that you could have gone. and we're supposed to feel sorry for ya? umm I'll get back to ya on that....... not likely.

28. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

I got to the BULL around 6pm after a hellish drive on the 405 with my SHEvelle. Had a rice rocket cut me off near the Roscoe exit and had the pleasure of seeing him pulled over near Sherman Way because he got in a 3-car rear-ender (LOL! Kharma!)

Got to the lot, dark (yes, it's a good way to save energy.) Some jackass parked next to me with METAL "FOR SALE" signs had the wind grab one and fling it, and it narrowly missed my car! Don't want to hit that pearl paint, buddy!

Saw the AP guy. I hope there was enough light for his pictures.

I left the lot around 7:30 when the wind started to really pick up and did a couple of laps up and down the BULL. No action at all on the street. It was dead out there. The Ralph's parking lot was happening. I went home.

I had the pleasure of seeing Reid and Pam to wish them a Happy New Year.
    Man, we need some better weather! QUICK! Of course, back in the 70's, the weather was never a deterrent. I remember cruising in the rain. Back then, we didn't care.

I'm sure once the weather turns better, the crowds will be back out in full force. It was a bit interesting in the dark last night, but I guess old habits are hard to break. The Rydell lot has become a "comfort zone" for many of the cruisers.

See you next month!

29. jasone

jasone

Had to miss it...while you guys were out having a good time cruising, I was stuck in Oxnard on OT in an emergency surgical procedure(not my own)...and yes, I totally expect you all to feel sorry for me. LOL!

30. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

It is nice to have a wide assortment of cars present...but when they start to embarras the cruise as a whole, they should be encouraged to not attend. I am not mentioning types of ugly big wheeled, loud stereoed Chrysler 300s or anything but....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.