Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest NYC/5BORO H.A.M.B.ers...Lets hear from ya!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RalphyBoy161, Dec 19, 2009.

1. gotham

gotham

Hey, where is this VW shop? sounds cool.

2. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Hey Gotham, the shop is 1984 Steinway Street. In between 20th and 19th ave, closer to 20th. Right across the street from that never ending construction site. Its a yellow building. Been friends with the owner for many years. I randomly see a couple classics in that area. late model blue 50's pickup with a z71 bed, purple charger white interior. What do you drive gotham?

3. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

just trying to steer ma'NYC bros in the right direction.Glad you hooked up!
    -Ralphy

4. Movinman

Movinman

The guy on the left is Slag here on the HAMB. His truck is amazing.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Instead of just talking about a meet & greet lets get it planned fellas!:p
    How about Sunday May 16th?
    I'll be in Manhatten with Big Olds. You guys pick the place, lets meet up, do some cruzn and maybe end up at a park or something.:cool:

6. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

I take it,your tired of reading this thread...LOL?;)

7. I would even drive out to Nathan's a few dogs,,,,beer quick walk up on the boards..

8. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

You're all welcome to come to my club's cruises and shows. The first cruise this year is April 6th and the next one is April 9th.

We have 2 every week. The Tuesday night one is at the McDonald's on Metropolitan Avenue (9801 Metropolitan Ave.), in Forest Hills and the Friday night is in the Stop & Shop parking lot between Myrtle Avenue and Central Avenue in Glendale. 6 P.M. to 9:30.

It's $3.00 for show cars. We give the money to a children's hospital.

Both dates are on the H.A.M.B. calendar.

And we've got a show on April 18th at the Maspeth Federal Savings Bank parking lot on Grand Avenue. Other than the date, which is definite, I don't have any details yet.

9. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

I think that Coney Island would be the choice spot for us to meet.We'll set it up for one of the nicer days (every weekend in 2009 was raining...lets hope the starz and weather are on our side this year).Lets hear from all the bros on whats a good day for all of us to meet. If we can come up with a date,I'll speak with the management at the freakshow so they can rope off an area where we can park our Rodz and hangout.The Rumblers started doing shows at Coney last year and were pretty awesome (they got me WASTED both times) but I'm sure that the freakshow Kats would be down for something like this as it could also drum up some more business for them.I'd say somewhere on the weekend June-August would be kool.

HOLLA AT'CHO BOY IF YOU DOWN WIT DAT!

RALPHY

10. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

NYCDrums that sound excellent.I'm down with checking out the cruise.We don't have that many cruises here in NYC so the more the merrier.
    QUEENS and BROOKLYN are on the map!!!!
    Thanks for your input and I hope to see you and others soon.
    -Ralphy

11. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

The beer at the freakshow is great! hope to have the truck done or atleast driveable by the season. Even if I just show up in the beater POS to drink I am cool with that too. Here is the truck in its current state. If you guys have any parts laying around let me know. Also looking for a 350,355 or 383 to ram under the hood.
    [​IMG]

12. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

I'm from suffolk .. Here are a few of my rides.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The work in progress

13. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

So here is a list of H.A.M.B.ers from in and around NYC/NY state who have contributed to this thread and will hopefully come to the "drink beer & eat meat" gathering.I'm kinda leaning towards Coney Island as the BIG DEVELOPERS are trying to destroy such a wonderful spot out here in Brooklyn and i believe the more events we put on out here the better chances we have to convince the local community board not to tear down this HISTORIC LANDMARK (which has been here since OH THE EARLY 1900's) and develop it the correct way with input from the community which has supported Coney Island for many years and will for many years to come.

I know that Squirm,Zombie Hot Rod & Worthop are in the Rumblers and they started last year to put on events at Coney but fellows I'm sure you'll agree that we need more events/gathering there in hopes of saving a place that I and many of us here and around NYC have come to love for so many years.The events that you guys did last year there were AWESOME and we need to support Coney Island's efforts to keep CONEY ISLAND exactly the way it has been for decades.

I say we go for SUNDAY JULY 4 INDEPENDENCE DAY 2010....HOLLA if your down with this.If I get a good response about this date i can go to Coney and get that date locked in the books and they can rope off that area near the FREAK show for us to park our RODZ.

classicdreamer
    shock733
    Zombie Hot Rod
    mandriano
    Backage
    NYfatboy
    lorodz
    buker60
    Big Nick
    drfreeze
    cowboy.3d
    Squirm
    6t5frlane
    bobss396
    plym49
    NYNY
    joel Torres
    Antny
    monkey19
    Big Block Bill
    historynw
    worthop
    zach from ny
    Zombie 51
    freebird101
    gotham
    NYCDrums
    bobss396
    Zoo York
    RalphyBoy161

some outta towners who have contributed to the thread which could hopefully make it out for this PARTY!

The37Kid
    kkoacolonel
    JimV
    Barsteel
    Slim Pickens
    Zman
    Nads
    The Creeper
    John"GUNNER"Gunnell
    cowboy1
    hotrodladycruser
    1935Ron

So lets turn this one into an open invitation to anybody with a Rod (pre '64 only) who wants to hang out and have a beer and a Hot Dog on JULY 4th or just come out and have a great time at Coney Island.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Suonds great, but how about a non-Holiday date? Many folks have previous commitments on the major holidays and it might increase the turnout.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My one and only full day in NYC with Big Olds will be Sunday May 16th. I'll start a seperate thread when the time gets closer to see if anyone wants to get together for a cruise or cocktails that day.

Perhaps I'll see some of you on Saturday the 15th at the Jalopy Showdown.

Have fun on July 4th guys. I hope everything works out with saving Coney Island. I'll be in DesMoines, IA that weekend.

16. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I go to NYC once a year, and thats for the Rumblers show! ~E in Jersey!

17. NYNY

NYNY

Ralphy,One big problem with July 4th. The hot dog eating contest is that day and it the most jamed packed day of the year in coney

18. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Got it,I'll change the date so we can try and get as many of us there as possible.Thanks for the headz up NYNY.

19. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I am local, pick anyday and I will make plans to be there. Look forward to meeting everyone. Andrew

20. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

I think am gonna wait til they put up the 2010 schedule for the Belmont car shows and do it there which is usually a sat & sun.we can bring a grill and a cooler with brews NO PROBLEM.

I also like the idea of supporting NYCDrums weekly cruise in queens

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

22. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

I just made a New York City/Long Island group. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=450

Go join.

Also, the club applied for a permit for a show on August 15th at Forest Park. If we get it, I'll post, but that's a long way off.

And the Maspeth Bank show has a lot of space. I would mark that on my calendar.

23. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Ok,everybody down with the "DRINK BEER & EAT MEAT" gathering...lets join the group and keep it within those confines.Thanx NYCDrums for hooking it up.
    Seriously I think we should do our first BEER SESSION at NYCDrums tuesday cruise night,now it just a matter of which one will we all show up to.

I wanna leave the coney thing to the Rumblers and not step on anyone toes.yeah yeah, I know the more the merrier at Coney but the Rumblers are already established there and I don't wanna FUCK SHIT UP as alot of them are my boys and they got a good thing going

Lets just support each others efforts and show up to as many NYC gathering as we can.This has been a great thread with alot of kool response.

Yo NYCDrums we are coming at'cha ma'man.A quarter pounder and strawberry shake for RalphyBoy when I get there!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  24. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

I usually walk over the CVS and get the cheap CVS brand mini-pretzels, but you can have your McDonalds if you want to.

There's more space at the Stop & Shop cruise on Fridays, and it's closer to Brooklyn too. But either one is good. Both is better.

We need more H.A.M.B. friendly cars.

25. worthop

worthop

Ralphy, thanks , but we're not going to be doing anything there this year...Feel Free to set up anything you want....just not on August 21st!!!

26. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Denise, Sherri and I look forward to see ya @ the Jalopy Showdown. If we are back we will love to hook up. See ya in Detroit on Feb. 25th. Slim