Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruiser Skirts - What Are They Worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glass_Packs, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I've found a pair of NOS cruiser skirts originally bought back from a Ford dealership in 1957 (I think they are 12x60"). They are brand new, still in the original box in primer.The cardboard box has deteriorated over time on the bottom, but safely housed the cruiser skirts (the part number on the box is BAE-6427964-A). The trim, along with the scuff pads are still new in the wrapper. Also there is a small cloth bag that houses the clips for the trim. I did have a pair of 12x60" fiberglass cruiser skirts that I bought from a friend for $195 and when I sold them I ended up taking a loss and sold them to another friend for $140. But since these are steel and NOS, I'm not sure what these are worth. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I sold a used (but in excellent condition) pair of Foxcraft Cruisers last year for $400.00...gotta be worth at least that...

R-

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Add a couple more hundred esp cause of the stainless....post pics

4. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I ended up buying them yesterday (I'll just say I stole them! :D) and I'll post up some pictures.

Thanks!
    Tom

5. vertible59

vertible59

Auction site results for nice original cruisers are strong. You probably paid what the stainless and scuff pads are worth...you done good!

6. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I double-checked the measurements and they are 60" Cruiser Skirts at are 12" tall in the front and taper down to 10" at the back. The last picture with the scuff pads - the top I left wrapped, the bottom is the wrapper for the middle scuff pad. I checked "that site" that had a completed listing for a pair of scuff pads identical to the one posted above. Both pieces were in need of repair (dented and pitted) and still sold for $153.50!?!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

7. vertible59

vertible59

Yep, that, to me, is some neat old stuff. Those were probably original equipment for a '57 Merc Turnpike Cruiser. They became popular for use on other makes and models and I had a set on a mild kustom '57 Ford. Anyhow, that was a great find...especially being NOS with all the stainless pieces.

8. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Yeah, I'm still in awe that I found a set, especially a NOS set. They were listed on a local site for nearly a month and a half before I found them. The person I bought them off of originally bought them in 1957 for a 1954 Mercury in Montreal, Quebec. He sold the car but kept the cruiser skirts all these years. The reason for selling them was he and his wife were downsizing and moving into a condo. He was asking where I lived and was surprised I took a 2 1/2 hour drive to buy them. I offered him exactly was he was asking, and he still gave me back $20 for gas! What a cool guy...

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

9. Mercchev

Mercchev

Nice score. I sold a beat but complete set last year for $500. Looks like you'll be able to make the mortgage payment when you sell these...

10. MERRELL

MERRELL

from the looks of your pic. that type are not worth much..so i can give you what you paid for them:D:rolleyes:

11. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

BUMP - I've been trying to find out what they're worth if I decide to sell them in the future. But strangely enough, I can't find another set of NOS Ford cruiser skirts! :rolleyes:

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Maybe you could start the bidding at $1500?

13. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

That's what I've been thinking; when researching different prices for cruiser skirts I've seen nice original cruiser skirts (like mine - 12"x60" - Ford/Mercury skirts with trim and scruff pads) listed for as much as $1300. If someone would pay that I don't know - but that fact that they are NOS and in the box, trim in the wrapper, I'd imagine they worth be worth more.

At the moment I don't have a car that these skirts would work on - I do have a 1962 Ford Fairlane that size-wise they would work perfectly on but it is more of a hot rod rather a custom. I also have a 1962 Mercury Meteor that is more of a custom, but since the quarter panels are longer than a Fairlane they will not cover the whole lower portion of the quarter panel. But even if I were to use them they would lose their value, just like driving a car off the showroom floor. They're one of those things you can look at but cant touch!

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

14. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I was leaning towards selling these but now I have decided to keep them. I would love to own a '57 Ford someday - for now I'll hold onto these until that day happens.

Thanks!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

15. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

crusier skirts bring big money especialy for early impalas

16. gtokid70

gtokid70

I bought a nice used org set complete with the scuff plate's and chrome trim. Nice but not perfect $600 Canadian Very hard to find. The guy also has a set of 14" ones for $400

Sent from my SM-A520W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app