Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else have a ride that can't be bought?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, I have tons of things that can't seem to be bought. Or is that can't be sold? They certainly all have a price on them, but I do better flipping late model stuff, the last few I've made money on every one.

Even the ones I really care about are not so rare they're irreplacable, but I do price them well over what the market will bear.

2. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

I have a '57 Belair 2-dr. hardtop that I bought when I was 14...283 Power Pack, Powerglide, 59,000 original mile car, that was built at the Oakland, Ca. plant, purchased by a young man from Rochester Hills, Mi. in Santa Cruz while he was on vacation, driven back to Mi. in the summer of '72 when I bought it...I still have it...don't think it's going anywhere...

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My 55 Ford sunliner and 37 Chevy p/u will never be sold by me,what my family will do when I am gone is another story. My dad bought the 55 new and was his first and only new car plus me and both of my sisters were brought home from the hospital when we were born,the 37 was my great uncles and even though he did not buy it new and it was just a 25 dollar truck he used on his farm it was the vehicle I learned to drive in with no brakes running around on the farm.

4. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Some just do not concede a battle as lost.
    The question was simple. The implication of the question was simple, anyone meaning us personally, not beyond our life time.
    And to agree with Lady Denise, when money wont bring anymore joy than we already have, some things will not have a price tag.
    My wife and I's panel truck has had some stupid offers form a couple of product manufactures. It has no price tag.
    Even though I might be willing to pay, so I could tell someone with the belief all is for sale to piss off and take all their money with them, that look is Priceless
    We all have our juice, but it is not money to everyone.
    I also won't sell my wife, but for the right quick change reared I might rent her out.

5. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

You can't buy my Newport, but I will exchange it for little pieces of green paper. :D

6. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I will never sell my 1966 Chevelle, It was my first legal car. I had T.O.D to may son, That was killed a couple of years ago. My T bucket won't sold I have half ownership & My Father owns half ownership. And neither half is for sale.

7. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

My 36 has been in the family since 71, I grew up with that car and always expected it to be mine somedy, however I ended up with it because my Dad was dying of ALS. The day he gave it to me he made me promise not to sell it, money is great but I could not live with that, so it goes to my kids someday...

8. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hopefully a lot of those who have posted here will catch this when they check back for updates. I just need to say that I've never been more impressed with this site than I am now. Thanks for the many great accounts of special cars that have helped make strong bonds between family and friends. I knew that there would be those who would nit pic and downplay my message and meaning. But I'm very encouraged by those who have shared the importance of everything positive in our automotive interests. Thanks again for braving the negatives to make the positives shine brighter than a freshly waxed ride in the sun!

9. repoguy

repoguy

Exactly.

Sappy stories aside, we all know that everything's for sale if someone offers enough money.

10. I wont say never but I would not be easy to get the senior dragster or my 63 MAX wedge from me.
    The rail is too much fun and I dont think I am up to doing another car like the 63. Also my wife loves it. I doubt I would ever get another chance at a another 426 Max Wedge engine either so I will stay put as long as possible.
    Don

Attached Files:

11. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I have all I need in my life. More money wouldn't improve my life in any meaningful way. Houses and cars and boats don't mean a damn thing to me. I have the basics needed for life.

My daughter has always called my old Chevy "The truck with the paint falling off of it". She took her first ride in it. We went to the scrap metal yard in the old truck. She told me to keep it forever because she likes it better than any old vehicle I have ever had. I will never forget her standing up in the seat looking out the back window watching the big magnet picking the metal up out of the bed

I will keep it forever. No money will buy it. Period. Nothing in this life that I could buy would make disappointing my daughter right or replace those memories. Nothing.

12. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

only one my 68 el camino bought it from my father in law in the 70's have redone it like 7 times needs an 8th he passed away it isn't worth what it would take to buy it all others I seem to get bored with after they are done or been around to long

13. unkamort

unkamort

Sorry... trucks not for sale. After years and years of scroungin' every nickles worth, delays when the money wasn't there (like now), back injury, divorce, issues with the tax man, and all the other whiner excuses, the dam thing has just become a part of me. This is my only shot at it. I couldn't sell. What makes it worse is neither one of my kids would take it on, running or not. That, the tool box, the record collection and the ol' sport car will be my only legalese. When they sell I just hope they don't waste the money.

14. 61falcon

61falcon

it would take an extreme amount over the value of my falcon or extreme financial hardship to get me to part with it. built it with my brother, cant put a value on that. have had it forever it seems. my wife loves that car, all my friends like that car. i have more time and money in it then it would ever sell for. i have had other cars and there will probably be others, but this one is for life, and hopefuly my daughter will apreciate the car for what it is and value it the same way after im gone. (cause thats the only way im given it up)

15. My take on this topic, IS that we are just the "care takers" to this shit..We may not sell in our life times, but ya can't take it with ya..and when your gone, does it really matter to YOU?

A VERY wealthy dude up here owns about 60 or so car..He wanted my buddies truck..Handed him a "signed check "..told him to fill in the amount.
    my buddy tossed it back at him..
    Hmmmm..I'm thinking a 69 chevy should be easy to replace..

I would have put an insane number on the check,and handed him the keys.

So,never say never...

Rick

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

As long as I am able to driver them, they will not be sold, 2 of them are in my will so they will go to someone who will enjoy them. The other 2, well we will see how I feel when I can no longer drive them.

B:)B

17. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

i have a 54 ford that ive owned for 13 years, it was my fathers before me. he owned it for 10 years. it will never go anywhere, and never for sale. i got married with that car and burried some of my closest friends and family with it. though i dont allways drive it, or use it ill never get rid of it.............john

18. Givens

Givens
    from Indiana

My 41 dodge WC will never be sold! Bought new off the lot by my great grand father passed on to my grand father passed on to my mother now its mine and will be my daughters some day.

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If I put a price tag on this what would it be?

[​IMG]

20. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

When I bought my 38 Chevy Coupe from my best friend in '74, he made me promice to not sell it to anyone but him. So there is ONE chance that I might sell it if I ever need the money bad enough, which is not likely. Got a few others I'm not so attached to that will go first.

21. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I have 2 I'd have real difficulty letting go of. There's been times when I've thought of it, but never gone through with as much as advertising, much less a sale. One was my first car at 16, the other was bought new by my parents, was my mom's daily from 1972 til 2002. I went most places as a kid in the passenger seat.

Others may come and go, but these stay.

Devin

22. You are most fortunate. Few cars with that legacy around!
    Don

23. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Repro; blow me....show up at my house with $100,00.00 and see where I tell you to put it.

24. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

"Bone Head" is a life long dream and I have no intentions of ever selling him.....rebuild yes .....changes yes....but sell him....nope!

[​IMG]

25. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I have alot come and go, but the RamAir IV TA cannot be bought.

26. Let's put it this way...when I say it ain't for sale, maybe it means no one is going to offer me the amount it would take to buy it. I built it together with my dad, he and I have enjoyed it, now we are enjoying how my son (his one and only grandchild who just turned 4) loves to ride in it and go to "hotrod" shows and it will be his someday to do what he wishes with it.

Now someone wants to offer enough to pay his college tuition and let me start the business I've always wanted to do....then my son will just have to inherit one of my other projects, but I don't see that happening.

27. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

My brother is the custodian now. '29 Ford purchased new by our Grandpa.
    As it was in late 40s/early 50s. Restored in '95.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  28. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

Along with my 55 BelVedere, I got a HardleyDavidson that I would never sell..... Some things just can't be replaced.

29. Ebert

Ebert

I think that's the point...someone giving you $$$$ to make the rest of our goals happen..

Having said that from a guy who would give his right (or left) nut to have one of my Dad's cars.......NEVER!!!!!!! I TOTALLY appreciate those who do have that opporunity...KEEP 'EM!!!!

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had people ask me if my 55 sunliner was for sale and I told them no but I might start entertaining offers at a million so they all have walked away,now if anyone did show the money it would be hard to turn down but I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.