Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hands down best Car Show of 2009?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joes54woodchevy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Firefly

Firefly

2009 USA = LSR

2009 NZ = Scroungers Blow Out & The Jalopy Dust Up

I know, I cheated and mentioned two for NZ, but it was the first year for the Jalopy Dust Up, so all the folk that attended were there for the right reasons ... if you know what I mean :D

Good times with great friends and hot rods..... what more could you ask for?

2. Billetproof Nor*Cal.

3. VonDust

VonDust

There are alot of great shows out there. In 2009, some of my favorite shows I have driven the 'ol Desoto to...
    -Viva Las Vegas
    -Beatersville in Louisville KY
    -Road Rocket Rumble... obviously
    -HAMB Drags in Joplin MO
    -Redneck Rumble in TN
    -Hunnert Car Pile up in Morris ILL
    -Newport Hill Climb... won fastest car in class
    These are shows I have been to more than one for sure, and these are shows I'm going to attend again in 2010... along with many other new ones. The Lonestar Roundup maybe a possibility this year as well as Lead East.
    All the shows that everyone has mentioned are great shows. Its hard to pin point the 'best' show out there. I'd just love to go to all of them even though its impossible to do that, but I did make an effort last year to go to as many as I could, this year, I would like to top that and go to more. But then again, a Hemi with just over 130,000 miles on it and never been rebuilt can limit how many trips I can go on lol.

4. Gasser57

Gasser57

Hey Dustin, If you come to Lead East, you WON'T be disappointed. It's got my vote, right up there with the Road Rocket Rumble, Viva, and the Steeltown Shakedown. I sure miss the Road Agent Rumble, though....

5. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

didnt make it to a lot last year but Poor Boys Midnight Mass is still my fav hands down!

6. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

HAHAHAHA good one they probably are

7. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Lonestar Round-Up hands down.....

8. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Thanks to those who "voted" on Midnight Mass as their favorite show. It's hard to put on a good show when you have to move it to a new location every year.

Speaking of that...we may be in a new location AGAIN this year. We're determined to have enough room for everyone this year.

9. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

I made a point to soak up the last "pre '49" Street Rod Nationals in Louisville last year. a few pics to share...

Attached Files:

10. Midnight Mass by the Sacramento poor boys. This is a friggin car party like nothing I've ever witnessed; Bruce and Jay do it up right evident by running out of parking space hours before the gates closed and having the fuzz shut down walk ins admissions due to overcrowding! Definitely worth my 2400 mile drive!!

11. Turbo442

Turbo442

shhh..... don't let it get out, it may spoil it but the absolute best show this year was The Hot Rod Revolution put on by The Tardel's and Cochran's

12. Frankensteiner's Ball in October. Last show of the year, kick ass weather, lots of cars from different eras/styles. If you're from the Mpls./St.Paul area, don't put the car away until after that one.

13. Badfella

Badfella

Your all WRONG! Obviously the best car show of 2009 was the 'King of Clubs' thrown by those super cool cats in the Lifters Car Club out of San Diego!!!

DISCLAIMER: My conclusion is in no-way related to my membership in said car club;)

14. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

No goodguys...hmm thats interesting, they that bad ?????

15. Badfella

Badfella

I complain about GG shows but always seem to show up to them. I'm such a hypocrite!

16. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

What about San Francisco Cow Place ROD AND CUSTOM SHOW???

17. The 2010 West Coast Kustoms 29TH Annual Cruisin Nationals will top last years. With the return of the Friday Night Cruise,

18. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Dixie Fried was the best for me! (What I can remember of it!)

19. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

I wasnt able to attend many shows last year but my two favorites were LARS and the steeltown shakedown

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  20. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

The Hunnert car pileup hands down, Hell they had to close down major road ways. thats Bad ass!
    But Billetproof Wa. was very bad ass!

21. The Hot Rod Hayride. Gotta take Monday and Tuesday off work just to recover......

[​IMG]

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No actually their events are pretty good. I attend quite a few of them thoughtout the year. With that being said, the original posted asked peeps opinion on the "best" one and when you ask that on a traditional hot rod and custom message board obvisously your going to get responses where the events are geared more toward that genre.;)

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Like Denise said ... :)

They are not that BAD :rolleyes:
    ... but to me anyway, they will never make the BEST list.

I go to a GG event every two or three years.
    Charlotte GG is ... only ... about a hundred miles from my home but their brand of " anything with the entry fee " show just does not do it for me. Way too many different types of stuff ... from junky Rats to 1972 pure stockers. I prefer events that are more specialized. Not putting down GG or NSRA ... just stating my preferrences.

The main reason for me going to a Charlotte GoodGuys event is the PEOPLE I get to see. I used to live in the Charlotte area and it is neat to see and visit with the folks I knew back then. But then ... seeing people and hanging out is always good @ the shows. People are the main draw ... not the cars.

My TOP 4 events list ... in order

1 ) Los Angeles Roadster show and swap meet
    2 ) The HAMB drags ( but I have not been in past two years :eek: )
    3 ) Dawsonville Moonshine event
    4 ) The Deuce Show ... @ Shades of the Past.

Due to the distance ... I cannot make all of the ones I like every year :mad:

Notice carefully ...
    My picks are specialized events.

The open and generic events are OK ... ;) But will never be GREAT in my book.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  24. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

Hey Cliffy ya are one up on us for Symco....:D...but I will agree Symco was by far the best and rainest show of 2009......can't wait till 2010!!!! At least for us here in the Midwest.
    The coldest was Hunnert Pile-Up. Irrregardless, we always have a great time wherever the road less traveled takes us.

25. I agree! Dixie Fried 11 is gonna be even BIGGER! Watch out for us Rod Barons we are movin' and shakin'!!!

26. joes54woodchevy

joes54woodchevy

Skotychops is going to be cool as well this year, last year was a good turn out..

27. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Good Guys Columbus greattttttt show.....

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

GoodGuys is cool. Usually one of the better swap meets of the year here in Phoenix and that is a big draw for me. Not as many HAMB type cars to look at as I would like but if you go knowing that and just to have a good time, you will.

29. zombie

zombie

iv'e been to a few shows, and the coolest ones i have been to, hands down is jalopy drags then jalopy showdown. the cars, the people, the atmosphere, the whole damn package. scary larry and beaver bob are the shit.

zombie

30. teddyp

teddyp

didn,t go to as much as ai usely due but my list would be
    lead east it,s a party!!!
    hot rod hoe down in pa' always a great time
    rumble,s in brookyln a good time
    there are other shows that good shows but i wasn,t able to attend last year