Register now to get rid of these ads!

wrecked falcon update, bought a new project....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Dec 30, 2009.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

OK, so I got things worked out with the insurance company on my car, and I am retaining the salvage. I got nowhere near what I should have out of my car, but I'm moving on and doing what I can, with what I've been dealt.

I purchased a '55 chevy wagon about a year ago, and never got around to doing anything with it. To be honest with you my heart was never really in the project, but the money was right, so I bought it.

Today I sold it:

[​IMG]

And drove directly over and purchased this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a 1954 Chevrolet Belair. Its the closest thing to a rust free car that I have seen in an un-molested car. Its a column shift 6 cylinder car, with lots of factory options. The car has around 120k on it. The engine runs, has factory electric wipers, wheel covers, visor, parking brake light, dash compass, and tissue dispenser under the dash. It will need a few minor things like a tune up and all the brakes gone through before its road worthy, but I intend to make it my daily driver. I'm really stoked about it, and it almost makes me fell better about the front end of the falcon getting wadded up. I plan on throwing some www's on it, dropping the ass down, and driving the snot out of it right away.

Enjoy!

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I figure it will probably get some extra teeth in the grill right away as well. Was it common to see a car come with an overrider in the rear and not the front? That kinda threw me off.

3. lorodz

lorodz

nice buy ...good luck with the build

4. TERPU

TERPU

Great score! Mine didn't come with overrider in the front either. Bumperettes but only overider on the rear.

Tim

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Cool....looks like a fun driver and lots of potential for even more if you so choose later.

6. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

You can see where the previous owner had scrubbed the sap off her, and polished the paint on the drivers front fender. I intend to give the rest of the body the same treatment, and re-shoot the roof. I think a little elbow grease, and a new front bumper, and I'll have a pretty sweet little driver.

7. redoilman

redoilman
    from iowa

Nice score! Tons of possibilities there! Enjoy!

8. 61TBird

61TBird

You've now joined the ranks of "Rockstars"....

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool old 54;) I have to admitt tho that I really like that wagon,
    I wish It was in my garage beside my 2 door sedan 55.

10. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

The '54 is cool but I love that wagon! I'd almost trade my Stude for a '55 wagon.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Glad you're back at it!!!:D

12. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I like the new project but i would had loved to have been able to buy the wagon. Just out of curiousity,what did the wagon sell for? Once I get my 52 truck to where I want it,my next project will be a wagon or sedan delivery-something along those lines that I could use with the bike shop.

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very cool ride. Glad to hear you are heading towards a happy ending...

14. scrape

scrape

looks like a clean 55 wagon.... what did it bring????

15. historynw

historynw

ford begats a chevy....:p

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

You little shit...I would have loved to have that 55...didn't even know you had it. What'd it go for...just to rub salt in my wounds.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

That's a great looking 54 have fun with it

18. lonelywanderer

lonelywanderer
    from hawaii

nice pick up, i like the wagon too but if your not feeling it. you should put your time into something you like

19. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

nice 54 good luck with it

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looks like a nice solid driver... Cool!!

Malcolm

21. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Larry, I have owned it for around a year now, and its not moved from the garage where I bought it from until today. The previous owner just kept storing it for me. HE HE.

I'm not going to let you know how cheap I sold it, because you'd just get mad at me. Just know that it was headed north down the road to your neighborhood once it got onto that trailer.

22. heavytlc

heavytlc

Nice 1954. 53-54 2door chevrolets make nice drivers. Easy to find parts, and they are hard to make look bad. Short of bucket seats and billet wheels, they look good all most any style. I love wagons, but I would have made the same car swap. Have fun with the new ride.

23. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Sweet ride. What a score. Finally something positive came from the situation.

24. thejim

thejim
    from Wisconsin

Sweet score.....

25. upperwhitetrash

upperwhitetrash

Nice score!!!!! 54's are my favorite, Thats what I would like to have next!

26. chevyshack

chevyshack

Early 50's chevy's sure are getting popular. Ive been thinking about selling mine and buying a 55-57 belair or truck but just cant bring myself to it. My 52 probaly will have billet wheels by the way. I like them. 17" or 18". Thats right. I said it.

27. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

If I remember correctly, it was an S-10 pickup that ruined the Falcon. It will take alot more than that to bend up this tank! Love it, JUST like it sits! Love the side window louvres. Looks like your headliner and rear seat back might need some work.
    .....and like everyone else says----don't tease us with that 55--are you nuts??!! There had to be some way you could have hung on to the wagon--even though you say you never had your heart in it. Looks like you got some of that snow we sent up to you guys last week!
    I bet you end up regretting that sale one day!...but as they say...you can't keep them all!
    Enjoy the 54--it looks like a really, really good find and a great daily driver. I bet the more you drive it the better it runs.

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im glad things worked out for you.I dread the thought of that happening to myself .At least you did well.Nice chevy .................

29. onedge

onedge

Nice score! how do you find 2 nice sought after chevys in such a short time? 54 is great & your plan is a good one.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009