Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Subscribe to Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plymouthvip, Dec 24, 2009.

1. plymouthvip

plymouthvip
    from Atlanta

I know a lot of guys are pissed that "Source Interlink" formerly Peterson Publications does not offer a subscription to "Hot Rod Deluxe". It costs $6 at the newstand, and you can get an entire year of "car craft" for only $10. So I started taking the subscription request cards out of all the mags from the same company and write on it that they need to offer a subscription to HotRod Deluxe in the blanks where a new subscriber would fill in their address.

I've sent 18 from various different mail boxes in the North Atlanta Suburbs, so far and plan on continuing. I urge others to follow my lead if enough people complain and they waste enough postage on these maybe they will give in. H.A.M.Bers unite.

2. squirrel

squirrel

good luck, DF the editor of the mag can't convince them to make it a subscription thing.

3. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Thats crazy, sounds like a way to shoot yourself i the foot. Losing potential customers.

4. I've dropped a lot of the subscriptions that I used to get because of crappy coverage, but I would subscribe to Hot Rod DeLuxe if it was available.
    8.00 bucks at the newstands is too rich for my blood.
    HemiDeuce.

5. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

I have dropped all my subscriptions now.
    Why would we need one since the HAMB is MUCH better and there's new info
    and pic's every hour instead of every month!
    No need to kill trees anymore...the "greenies" will be happy (not).

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'd certainly subscribe to Hot Rod Deluxe, if I could!! ...until then, I'll keep buying it off the news stand.

Malcolm

7. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I would subscribe as well. "Source Interlink" are you listening?

8. Ya I like the read. I'd like to subscribe. No internet in the can yet. I think
    the cards are a good idea, I'll send some.

9. duste01

duste01

I dropped my subscriptions too, not on pupose at first, but when I got a call from a collection agency over a magazine I had yet to recieve, I told them all to take a long walk off a short pier. That was one way to make sure I would not be a future customer, and am still on my soap box.......

10. scaryfast

scaryfast

Good idea. I live in BFE, and can hardly ever catch an issue when I go into town. I couldn't believe it when they told me I couldn't get a subscription. Hopefully enough people will do it so they can see plenty of demand for it.

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

In my opinion the mag is still an afterthought. If the do not offer a subscription it is easier to get rid of later down the line.

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hell, the search for the mag is half the fun. You know, paying full price might help keep this mag in circulation a little longer. Printed material is becoming rare. Our interests are just too small in this time and age. I urge everyone to support this and the few worthy periodicals while they are available.

HRD is a great mag and a fabulous look into the past. No where else can we look at such and indepth view into hotrodding history. They have the archives and the editer has a finger on the pulse of real TRAD hotrodding.

I saw DF takin pics at bonniville and meant to catch up to him to thank him for pushing this mag through. Never got the chance ( I am to shy).

Thank you D F for putting out one the best mag on the news stand....

Jeff

13. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

HRD is one of my favourites, I would subscribe if possible!! Its impossible to find here in Denmark now, so I get it from Sweden once in a while (hepcat.se) Was looking for it rigth now, but with no luck. Is it still around?

Mikael

14. Muttley

Muttley

Yes, it's still around, a new issue just came out a couple of weeks ago.

15. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I have to find it then! :) I was thinking about being distributor for the mag here in Denmark, then I wouldnt have to spend so much time looking for it...

16. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

I could not have said it any better. DF has got a great gig & a hard gig, must be grinding at times and he always comes through. Support is what this Mag needs. Dan

17. Brewton

Brewton

Hot Rod Deluxe is my favorite mag...... at the time.

18. storm king

storm king

HRD had an editorial some time ago that explained, quite clearly, why they have no intention of offering it in subscription. Simply put, subscription magazines have to rely totally upon ad revenue to survive (look at the number of ads and pages in Street Rodder). They don't want to be in a bad position when or if all the ad revenue dries up, which is one of the main problems the big publishing houses are dealing with today.
    So suck it up like a big boy, go to the news stand or sundries store, and pay 6 bucks for it.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This is about the only magazine I get and it's at the grocery store. Always go with the wife to help her with the bags and end up at the rack while she is shopping. If anyone can keep this one going it's Freiberger.

Frank

20. ocool25

ocool25
    from Indiana

Good Point! I would rather pay the news stand price and skip the ads! That is why I dropped street rodder it is noting but ads and sales pitches and I find them on the news stand a good week before I would get mine in the mail!

21. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Thank you. I find it hysterical that guys on this site are constantly whining and bitching about all those horrible, evil ads in magazines, the magazines "selling out to The Man" etc. etc., and then when a magazine comes along that is long on content, short on ads and worth every penny, they whine and bitch because they aren't offered a subscription at a price that doesn't even cover the cost of postage!

The news stand price and sales are what's keeping this magazine alive... and that, too, is the way it was "back in the day."

-Brad

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

My only bitch and whine about HRD, is that I can't find the damn thing! I look at the grocery stores, Walmart, Books a million, etc. I'd be glad to pay news stand price and just go to the mailbox. Maybe they should give us that option?

Listening DF?

Kevin

23. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I used to get Ol Skool Rodz and Car Kulture Deluxe, but got sick of the rusty rat rods and lame event coverage. Now I only get HRD, Rod & Kulture and Garage (when I can find it here in Canada) magazines. Once and awhile Hot Rod. I think Freiburger is doing a good job with HRD, and Hot Rod mag as well. I have no problem with buying my magazines at the newstand.

24. Hey, You guys are lucky, $6-$8. We gotta pay 15 bucks for it down here and thats equal to 17usd. Good mag tho'
    Phil.

25. Get it from The Hot Rod Company. Comes in the mail like a subscription, comes in a protective mail envelope, supports an Alliance Vendor.What the fuck more can you ask for?

Thank you.-MIKE

http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  26. Soreback

Soreback

Get it from The Hot Rod Company-http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/-, comes in the mail like a subscription, comes in a protective mail envelope, supports an Alliance Vendor.What the fuck more can you ask for?

Thank you.-MIKE

Hey thanks. Gettin' my wallet out.

27. I get HRD all the time. The only roddin' magazine I can get here in Dubai. I pay a lot for it to because they charge a lot for American magazines over hear. But I think it is work it it is a great rag and will continue reading it. I also like the Rodders Journal the other mags suck. They either have pro touring crap, rusted crap, or billet crap.

28. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I just read that they will finally be offering subscriptions to Hot Rod Deluxe!

"At long last, we will offer subscriptions to HOT ROD Deluxe magazine. Stay tuned in a couple weeks for details and a link where you can sign up."

Malcolm

29. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Subscriptions to HOT ROD DELUXE are now available for $39.95/year. Info in latest NOV 2010 issue. All those who bitched can put their money where their mouths are.

30. Now they'll bitch that is is no cheaper then the newsstand price. :eek: