Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats this car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68chevyIISS, Dec 28, 2009.

1. 68chevyIISS

68chevyIISS
    from Alabama

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. skwurl

skwurl

What car? I would guess a Nova but I don't see a car

3. NOPE - says you have to join to view

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

5. Toner283

Toner283

1952 Henway.

Somebody had to say it...

6. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

ha ha 100 hours of labor...I need some work done on my house, dibs when he's done on that farm

7. 68chevyIISS

68chevyIISS
    from Alabama

8. 68chevyIISS

68chevyIISS
    from Alabama

Here are the others.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  9. 68chevyIISS

68chevyIISS
    from Alabama

10. Wow, a whole website dedicated to just Novas. Who would have thunk it.

11. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Mid 40's chevy or maybe pontiac.

12. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I am going to guess some sort of Mopar product.

13. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

from OP on Steves Nova Site

14. That hood looks 48 Pontiac to me....

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I just view the site ..looks like a HENWAY

16. '48 or so Pontiac. :)

17. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

All of your cars are wayyyyyy off topic........why not go find yourself a nice Nova web site?

CB

18. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

For sure its a -40something pontiac,see the dashboard,its all pontiac. but seemes like the frontlights has been frenched.

19. froghawk

froghawk

Late '40s Pontiac. The frenched-in '56 Olds headlights are interesting.

20. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

looks close to a ....41 pontiac ?

21. Squablow

Squablow

I'm saying it's a 48 Pontiac with '55 Oldsmobile headlights.

22. loburban

loburban

1946-8 pontiac

23. [​IMG]

Here is a 48 poncho

24. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

48 pontiac coupe

25. Bottomedout39

Bottomedout39
    from Reno NV

26. jivin jer

jivin jer

C'mon guys its a Henry J.

27. 21tat

21tat

28. Definitely Pontiac, 1941 - 1948. Hard to pin the year down without seeing the grille.

No way is that a Mopar.

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

--------------
    Yeah....but not just *ANY* '52 Henway! The car, or what's left of it, appears to be the long lost remains of the "one-of-only-one ever built":eek:. '52 Henway 'Mongoose Special Sports Sedan' prototype!!! The car, designed by the nefarious Henway corporate 'black-ribbon 'engineering and styling' team, headed up by Henway 'Chief of Engineering', Professor Edsel K. Murphy, infamous and notorious for his invention and then, synthesis and world-wide distribution of 'Murphy's Law' - and Henway Chief stylist, J. Newton "Nutbar" Lowery, the insane, blind, younger half-brother of famed automotive styling wizard, Raymond Lowery - was intended to be the prototype for a sadly, stillborn line of ultra-high-performance, super-luxury sedans that Henway planned to introduce for the upcoming 1954 model year. Besides the exotic and 'way, way, ahead of it's time' "Nutbar" Lowery styled coachwork, the lone "Mongoose S.S.S.' prototype also incorporated many futuristic engineering concepts and technological innovations in it's design too - including advances and wonders such as "four-wheel, hydrophonic drive", a steam-driven, 'metaphysics, dark energy and magnetism-actuated', automatic transmission(!) - and the most unique feature of all - an experimental 450-plus hp, 8-liter, triple-cross-compound-turbocharged, sleeve-valve, two-stroke straight-8 engine!!! Unfortunately, it was not to be and all came to naught when the lone engineering prototype was lost early on, during testing. Exactly what happened and precisely how the car came to be lost is still a mystery, but rumors, myths, lies, allegations and counter-allegations surrounding the car's disappearance still abound to this day! For years - and right up up until now even - it was thought by all of the most respected and most highly-esteemed and most knowledgeable Henway historians (such as myself!) - that the car had been lost - "somewhere in the wilds of Bolivia" - during a disastrously ill-fated 1952 South American road testing expedition - with the long held 'common belief' among *most* Henway collectors, historians and aficionados, that the car was lost forever, after accidentally sliding off a rain-slicked Andes-mountain goat path, where it then either fell into - A) - a bottomless pit of molten radioactive quicksand :eek:- or B), into a flood-swollen river, where it swept over a waterfalls and then attacked and devoured by a rare and particularly vicious and voracious local species of 'Bolivian metal-eating piranha fish"!!!:eek::eek: Obviously, since the car has now miraculously- and mysteriously(!) - reappeared in the U.S. A. - and more or less intact too (!!) - neither of these things ever happened! Henway Motors would likely be very interested in buying the car back at any cost and restoring it, for display in the Henway Museum. If by any chance, the car is for sale, please contact me in person at Henway Motors corporate headquarters in Detroit Michigan or at the Henway Museum in Dimwit, South Dakota, immediately! Whatever you do, this thing is far too rare and far too valuable to customize or to cut up and make into a hot rod!!!! :D:D:D:D

Mart3406
    (Official Henway Motors Corporate
    Historian and Archivist):D
    ============================

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

30. DAMN .. All that above and nobody did it??? I guess its up to me to pull the trigger....
    ... SO.......... WHATS A HENWAY????