Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coast to coast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by battersea boys, Dec 27, 2009.

1. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

So you need to do a road trip from sea to shining sea . Give us ten places you,d visit en route, all must be mechanically related....

2. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

You mean Grimsby to Liverpool?LOL!:D:D
    Cheers,
    Mark

3. Marcia

Marcia

Ford museum in Detroit
    Speedway museum Lincoln
    Bonneville
    Every junk yard I can find
    Every Hamb member garage that will invite me.
    Give me more ideas!

5. Marcia

Marcia

7. Dammit....beat me to it!

8. Daytona for the 500
    Indy for the 500
    Indy for the N.H.R.A. Nats
    Cadillac Ranch Amarillo Tx.
    Bonneville
    Pikes Peak
    Speedway Motors Museum
    N.H.R.A. Headquarters/Museum
    Jay Lenos Garage (FAT CHANCE)
    Any historical Calfornia Dragstrip still in operation.:)
    Peace,,,Moosie

9. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Don't overplan; from a cross-country guy, by jet (several times), by car (X 4), by bicycle, regrettably only once.

10. Drove it round trip five times from Oregon to Maryland, each time took a different route and alway was amazed at what a great country we live in, If your travels bring you this way you are welcome to drop by.
    Oh, watch out for that cop in North Platte Nebraska.

11. Marcia

Marcia

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny you should mention North Platte. I was taking my daughter to school in New Mexico from Minnesota about 15 years ago, and stopped at North Platte the first night. I had dinner at the local Red Lobster (yep, in North Platte), and got talking to the bartender. When he found out I was a car guy, he actually pleaded with me to backtrack 30 miles the next morning, and go see this museum (I don't remember the town). It was in the middle of nowwhere, but they had a very large eclectic collection of the greatest stuff. e.g, they had the only existing example of a Bell Airacomet (the U.S.'s first jet fighter). I was going to spend a couple of hours, but spent the whole day. The guy who started it was from the small town and went to Chicago in he '20's and made his fortune and came back to his home town to start his museum. They had about 3 large buildings with unrestored 30's 40's and '50's cars. The place was astounding.:eek:

13. There was one that looked like it was out in a corn field, you could see it from I 80, I always had to be somewhere so I couldn't stop.

14. willymakeit

willymakeit

Its been done by a lot of people, drive whats left of Rt66. If your going thru Spfld. Mo. stop in.

15. Patrick46

Patrick46

Nobody has mentioned the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn Mich. You could spend half a week there and not see it all.
    Also, Powerland, in Brooks Oregon. Another place that has too much to see.

Hi Dave & Ginger!!

16. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

If you go at the right time of year, you could probably see sprinters race almost every night. It would take some planning, but it is cool, no doubt.