Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tall or Short, Does this effect what you own.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Dec 18, 2009.

1. I'm 5'7". The problems I've felt in cars are caused by how seats are mounted. I drive full size pickups to be able to sit up. Being in the truck parts repair and sales business has been hard on my back and shoulders because I'm not very big.
    I'm hoping my Model A will be comfortable on long trips. Trying to put a lot of thought into how I mount everything and what motions it takes to operate it.

2. Bull

Bull

I'm a short guy at 5'5" and have always loved Model A's. I have 2 A Tudors and was in a wreck with one in June 08. I shattered my knee in the crash. I had always wanted an A RPU but after having one to drive last summer, I have taken the A RPU off my list of "must own" cars. I absolutely loved it, but with my knee injury a small cabin space just doesn't work for long drives. My Tudors will be fine since I can put the seat back further for comfort. I've been looking at newer models (40's-60's) a lot more lately too.

3. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

6'6"... 300...

I'll find a way...

4. I'm 6'6" 275 lbs...most of my height is in my body (short legs)...

My '60 F-100 is tight in the headroom department with the stock seat...

The T-Bird is a topless-only venture...

A chopped coupe is out for me...

5. zzford

zzford

I am 6' 3" tall and tip the scales at a pleasing 325. My 33 3window fits me nicely. The package tray behind the seat is gone, however. I joke that I don't sit in the car, I put it on.

6. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

if i love the car ill make myself fit! LOL im 6foot5 and 280, currently building a T, i look goofy in it but its gonna be fun

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Dude, on a side note, I bought an '03 Ram 1500. It's SCARY how much room I have and I'm 2 inches taller than you. The biggest consumer complaint about these trucks is that "they are made for giants". My buddy who is 6'5" loved mine so much he bought an '05. I LOVE my truck.
    I test drove all the Chevys and Fords and even Toyotas and Nissans. Tight squeeze to say the least. Even I could get busy in the back seat of my Dodge.

8. Spity

Spity

I know a guy who is 6'4" that drives a Austin Healey sprite everyday, hes says its "cozy".

9. 32 for me

32 for me
    from SO. CAL.

I'm 6' even, but when I decided to build my '32 truck with a 5 speed transmission I didn't want to be cramped with a 6" channel and a 4" chop. One way I got 3" more room was to cut the frame down threw the cab to 3". Since the frame is 6" in that area and building the inner frame with 2"X3" .120 tubing I was comfortable with the rigidity of the frame. I have enough room to work the clutch and good head room even with a 6" riser in mt bench seat.

Attached Files:

10. phiftybuick

phiftybuick
    from NM

I'm 6'2" and I don't think I'm gonna fit in my '32 Pickup; It's chopped 5" and channeled 4"! It was originally built in '57, and I want to build it back like it was, but like someone else said a few posts ago, I'll hafta put it on instead of gittin' in it!
    With surgery on both knees, and a healthy 'table muscle', it's gonna be tight quarters. I'm thinking about using my nailhead/automatic instead of the flathead/3-speed O.D.............maybe that'll give me some more room, & still keep the 'later' traditional look.
    I love my '32, but after this one, I'll probably go back to full-size Kustoms.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  11. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Nice project phiftybuick. I am also 6' 2", and have knee problems, and there is no way in hell I could drive my channeled '32 rpu if it had a manual trans. I barely have enough room for my left knee.

12. I'm 6'1" and have had model "A" sedans chopped up to 5 1/2" and channeled 3". Coupes with that just don't fit me. And i wonder why my back is so f%#ked up.:eek:

13. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I'm starting to design a top for my deuce so my fiance' took this picture to help show me how tall the top needs to be, but I thought the picture might be appropriate for this thread also because it shows how I fit in the cab. I'm 6' 2" and 210 lbs, it's a 1932 Ford pickup cab with a 4 1/2" channel. My apologies for the crap cel phone pic but both didgital cameras seem to be broken at the moment.

Attached Files:

14. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I,m old and am 6' 2" , own a 99 Mercury Marquis, and a 98 chevy
    Suburban I drive the 'Burb'. hav 32 2dr 'waiting' and also an original 1939 Buick sedan, They will work, I would like a phone booth 29 A bone PU but I wont fit.

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

TALL SUCKS
    1. Girls don’t fit
    2. Cars don’t fit (cant build the ones you’d like)
    3. Pants don’t fit
    4. Hit your head on shit all the time (scars to prove it)
    5. Nightmares about shit close to the ground that needs picked up (not low cars)
    6. Every body wants you to get high shit down ( your one chance to be the hero)
    7. People generally think you want to kill them
    8. The bad ass's just want to pick a fight with ya.
    9. Go in the military, your always on point (so everybody can see you get shot first)
    10. “Do you play basketball?” all the fuckin time

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  16. I'm probably a smidge on the small side; 5'9", 175 lbs. I've owned a steel '23 T roadster (front cab of a T touring), a '31 A coupe, and a '32 5 window. The T was channeled and required serious spread-knees contortionism. The '31 is unchopped, unchanneled, with a fairly stock seat height/position. It's still a little snug, and I have limbo-twist a bit to get in and hunker down to see traffic lights. There seems to a big diff with the '32 though... it's chopped 3", channeled 2", but it still feels more roomy and comfortable than the '31.

17. H3O

H3O

not to brag or anything but I'm glad I'm only 5'9". I fit fine in my falcon. my pickup I fit like a glove but every now and then I hit my knee on the steering wheel. those 61-66 f100s don't have much room with the gas tank in the cab. only guys that are 6' and under can fit comfortably in those trucks without modifying anything. as for the falcon, I bought it from Sprout and he's 6'3". he felt too big for it and i know what he means cuz I'm 6in shorter than him and have the seat set back and fit just fine. (thanks again for the car!!)

18. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Cab corners on my '29 CCPU were replaced by a pair of Howell custom pieces extended 6-1/2". Great driver as it has a B motor with an original CRAGAR head, F-100 steering and a T-5 transmission.

Attached Files:

19. racerjohnson

racerjohnson
    from Fargo, ND

6'5" 220

It worked out that I found a Model A tudor sedan cowl and doors and an "A" roadster back shell so I'm building a stretched "A" Roadster. I fit quite well and I even feel stretched out.