Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is the car that got me into Hotrodding what was yours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Dec 25, 2009.

1. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Richies dads Desoto

2. 93blazer4dr

93blazer4dr
    BANNED

i have been around old cars my whole life more so muscel cars then hot rods but it was my dads 1967 rs camaor and his 1968 camaro

3. carnuts

carnuts

The best I can remember this was the first main stream hot rod. It was the one that started me liking the 33-34 fords. Then, of course, there was Milners Duece!

Attached Files:

4. puschrod

puschrod

I use to read CARtoons! Loved bringin' those home and reading them cover to cover. Then Hot Rod magazine. I remember reading that magazine to my mom as she was making dinner. She'd ask me what something meant, and I'd just shrug my shoulders cause I had no idea! But, it got the wheels turning and I eventually learned what they were talkin' about.

5. Comming from a small town, there weren't too many rods around in the mid sixtys. One guy had one thou and i was in aahh. 27 T/ 48 flatty,39 trans, kelsey hayes wires

Attached Files:

6. duke182

duke182

my dads 55 chevy d/altered drag car. sorry no pics right now.

7. 77 Sunset Strip T Bucket (Grabowski T) with ""Cookie" behind the wheel!!!!

Ricky Nelson Deuce...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  8. duke182

duke182

lmao! yeah that one too!!

9. Bardahl33Ford

Bardahl33Ford

When I was 11 or 12, (43 years ago) a man down the street from me had a chopped 33 Ford truck , 1949 303 Olds with a Horne 4 deuce set up an a 2 cap side winding Jackson Roto-Faze Dist. backed by a La Salle trans. I was hooked . . . I have had to many cars to list, but for the last 5 years I have owned that truck, and have not changed a thing except, Tires ans Oil.

Attached Files:

10. MotionNova

MotionNova
    from Ohio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the car that did it for me. My brother's 72 SS Nova. Thats me with the car in 1973, I'm 5 years old. I remember many rides in that car doing burnouts and power shifting the 4-speed! I bought the Nova in 1987 and this is it today.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  11. Abomination

Abomination

MINE TOO!

~Jason

12. Abomination

Abomination

I know it's weird, but this did it for me:

[​IMG]

~Jason

13. nofin

nofin
    from australia

^^^^A Pro Street R**rod!!!

There was no "1" car for me. I don't know where the hell it comes from as nobody else in my family or friends that I grew up with was into cars. I guess I am lucky enough to just know that hotrods rule the world.