Register now to get rid of these ads!

hydramatic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leesnap, Dec 27, 2009.

1. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

Hi there, lee here looking to see if anyone has info on a hydramatic that I am looking for for a 59 apache pickup. Need all parts frfom column to tran itself (linkages etc) Probably a whole parts truck an idea? Any info would be helpful. I have an orig 283 in my apache and want a stock hydramatic to bolt up. (option for that year I think)
    Thank You,
    Lee

2. squirrel

squirrel

I haven't seen one sitting around for sale for 30 years.....but somewhere someone probably is thinking of taking theirs out.

Be sure to get the correct crossmember too, the center of it unbolts.

3. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

thank you sir

4. brocluno

brocluno

Hydro's used to be everywhere. But they are heavy and they seem to have been turned into scrap a long time ago. I'd go to one of the national wreckers web sites and post a question for automatic for your year truck and see what you get. There are usually some guys out in Nebraska that have whole donor cars/trucks. They'll get back to you. There's also a big wrecker up north of Boston that has a lot of old stuff.

If it was a Buick, the guys up from Seattle would have it for sure. But Chevy - they may have been pretty picked over for drag cars :(

5. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

6. Dirty Old Nash

Dirty Old Nash

Something to keep in mind when looking for parts: the SBC-hydramatic coupling parts (flywheel, torus pieces) are smaller diameter than the Olds-Pontiac-Cadillac-Hudson-Nash versions - so the easier to find parts won't fit. I believe the starter is also a one-off for that combination only.

7. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

thank you and will remember that

8. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

i have a hydramatic that was taken from a 59 chevy. it will be a few days before i can get pics, it has been snowing hard here.i'll get back with you in a couple of days.

9. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

10. Danny G

Danny G

I have the complete setup minus the column shift for sale

11. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

you can e-mail me danny g and thanks

12. andy checchia

andy checchia
    from USA

Sorry, I don't have the column for the truck hydro. I tried to down load a picture of one but I could only get one for a 54-57 Chevy truck. That one looks like one GM used in 49-51 Oldsmobiles. I wouldn't be surprised because they were always borrowing parts from other divisions.
    Andy