Register now to get rid of these ads!

home made wide whites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Giggy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Ya did good. Thanks for the pix and taking the time to show us that the every-day Joe can do something on his own.

2. fitzee

fitzee

Great job.Nice to see the before and afters

3. billygoat67

billygoat67

funny i and my bros were just talking about this a few days ago. thanks for the link, tires look great and you did it yourself.
    have herd kumos have wide white rubber on sides, don't know for shure.

4. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Perfectly put! Why bitch on everyones threads when you can get it done on original knuckle-head posts?

5. The Shocker

The Shocker

Looks good IMO .Always good to see someone make sum cool whitewalls for the cheap out of the raised white letters.I have always wanted to try that ,but never got around to it .Nice going ...

6. smarg

smarg

I love jumping on threads and seeing the same old douche bag rag on people's work even if there are other threads about it, This Is His Thread.

By the way the whitewalls look pretty darn good didn't take you long either to grind that rubber away good job and again pay no attention to the old grouches.

7. Nice return on the work invested......they look slick......

8. Michelins don't work too well (white layer is VERY thin) Dunlops work good, but some of the other posts say that Pep Boys cheapo tires work well.

9. moter

moter

if he did that....then ppl like you wouldnt have anything to bitch about and your post count would stay the same :p

Tires look good!

10. 21tat

21tat

Those look good.

11. looks good thanks for the info!!

ok ladies , resume cat fight!!

12. steve53

steve53

every forum on the internet has forum police. leave that to the actual moderators. either that or start your own forum, you can moderate all you want.

back on topic...
    i had some raised white tiger paws sitting in the back of the garage. i saw a vid of a guy grinding em down on youtube. tested it out for myself and was surprised how well it worked. great job on those!

13. They look great! Nice job! Thanks for posting!!

14. wickedgoodracer

wickedgoodracer

rally? i thought those were nova or Heavy Chevy wheels
    i like black walls
    e 2 t o [each to their own]

15. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Ummm, not to speak out of line or for the rest of the ladies here, but actually, us girls on the HAMB don't even bitch this much. I think you "guys" are unfaily giving us girls a bad name.:rolleyes::)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  16. backroads

backroads

lookin good, I used spray paint on mine when I was 16 but that was when i had the time to take em off , tape em and re spray em every month.

17. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

18. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

lookin' good man! i wish these guys on here would just keep their boring comments to themselves..its just lame..

19. duke182

duke182

20. 54 savoy

54 savoy

looks great and thanks for the post,i've been on the hamb all day and seems like every thread has the one guy that is negative ,so one guy, tell the mod's your story about how a thread hurt your feelings and then move on, i have a three year old so i get that enough at home,

21. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I appreciate the info, I really do. But Hotrod-Linkin is right, this should have been added to one of the numerous other threads already started about this subject. I've already learned this eight times. Post away new guy and enjoy the glory that is the H.A.M.B. When everybody follows the rules we all win.

22. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Wow! For some one who has only been around here a few months those are some pretty strong words.

23. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

Really? We don't even own cars? Are you retarded? All of us are here because we love hot rods and customs. Maybe you should just sit back and read for a while before you post.

24. Looks pretty sweet. I would just go on to Mooneyes.com and order some screw on style moon covers to put over those wheels. Would look pretty nice.

25. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

You ain't startin" trouble, don't sweat it, there have been some threads on this but how did YOU do it.....had to edit don't like the rallys and white walls, but if they get your rocks off.................. who am I

26. Mart

Mart

good work.
    Don't forget that you can use the same technique to widen a narrow white,. For instance I widened the 5/8" stripe on a pair of h78-15 out to just over 1" to match the 1" band on the fronts I had.

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

awww... the newb is all worked up. Lighten up Francis. :eek: This is a site for Traditional Hot Rods and Customs, those wheels really don't work under either. Unless you cover them. Pretty easy, this isn't an 80's board.

28. Exactly how long must one wait before posting??????? Please show me in the rules where this is stated. I hear this a lot.

Thanks for posting. Your tires look good. Please let us know what you used and how they hold up.

29. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

not sure its in the rules but i just wait for all the pissers,moaners to do there thing ,and then you add your post ,you might get lucky

Great job on the home made whites !!!! keep up the good work

30. This to a point is why you should wait until the morning to post, not 2:00 A.M. It's been said before and will be said again, if you don't like the thread don't read or comment. As far as rules go, if your not into breaking rules , your on the wrong site. Nice job on the whitewalls and i hope some of these guys can get more of a life. But then if you bitch enough and have enough drama the Mods will shut down the thread and maybe thats what their thinking. Giggy keep on posting away, and keep it positive.