Register now to get rid of these ads!

Door skin dilemma.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowongas, Dec 26, 2009.

1. lowongas

lowongas

I cant find my other post about door skins so I guess I have to start this one.Synders sent me my doors skins and already drilled out the door hinges to make the door skin easier to put on.Now you will notice in the pics that the owner cut the old skin off but left about 1 inch below the beltline still on it.Now the new door skin it has a small lip on it that I am guessing should slide UNDER the beltline.What I am wondering is..A). Should I trim the rest on the old door skin off and slide the new skin under the belt line it? Or B).Cut off some of the new skin to match where the the old was cut off.? Yeah I know pics arent that good but the flash from the camera either blows out what I am trying to take OR wont show crap...sorry.

Attached Files:

2. Your option B would be the best.....IMO

3. rgfloor

rgfloor
    from oh

This may help.

Attached Files:

4. alchemy

alchemy

Butt welding is best. No matter if you MIG, TIG, or gas torch you will have better workability of the joint with a butt weld. A flange is for sissies (with lots of bondo).

Gomojo55 likes this.
  5. lowongas

lowongas

As always,you gentleman come through with correct answers.Thanks again.!