Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saturday Breakfast Garage Cruise in Austin in February

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MattStrube, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MattStrube

MattStrube

I've finally got something to cruise around in that was made prior to 1970, and wanted to gain interest in a Garage Breakfast Cruise in Austin. There are networking events for finance professionals, accountants, and marketing geeks, but no real driving events for hot rod enthusiasts other than car shows. I get little more out of driving around town than I do sitting at a car show. We'd start bright and early 7:30 on Saturday February 13th (flexible day, and if the weather is unbearable, we'll move it) (don't do too much boozin on Friday night) The idea is to start the bee caves area at a Texaco that has the best breakfast tacos I've ever had. There's plenty of parking accross the way where we can inhale our grub, check out some cars, then get on our way.

-I'd like to try and get a couple of volunteers to showcase their garages for at least an hour. The idea is to get real people, who have some cool stuff their working on, or just completed. If you need a body lifted on a frame, or a couple extra hands, even better. Please PM me your ideas with pics too. :)
    -You don't have to have a 10,000 sq ft. barn, a two car hole is good enough for real guys working on real shit.
    -Warning: participation in the garage tour is like an open invitation for guys to stop by anytime they're in your hood to just say hello.
    -I'll pick a couple guys who are ok with all of this, have some cool stuff to look at, then put together maps, possibly have some tool box stickers made up, and get together a list of participants.

The last planned stop isn't a garage, but more of a show and tell to help out some kids. Now I haven't finalized it yet, so consider it a bonus if we can do it. Until I find out more, you'll have to wonder.

Thanks Fellas, let me know.

2. 36tbird

36tbird

If you could slide the starting time a bit, maybe some of us guys from San Antone could cruise up for it. I think I'd have to get up at 4:30 to join up with some and make it out to Bee Caves by 7:30. But it sounds like a fun event if the weather cooperates.

3. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

sounds like fun!

4. moter

moter

yes..sounds like a great idea. Why dont we meet at the Cracker Barrel in Buda...say 8-830, that way the SA guys could make it up also.

5. Diehard32

Diehard32

Pretty cold time of year for us roadster guys, but we're tough and very interested. We'll be headed in from the Marble Falls area. Keep us updated.....

6. nitros10

nitros10

let me know i'll plan on it if not working i work 28 on 14 off so if you need help with anything while i'm off just buzz me here i'd rather do real gear head stuff to it beats sitting around having a loata'

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So long as I'm around, you guys are more than welcomed to stop by the TJJ world headquarters.

8. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Lets do it!breakfast tacos and old cars are two of my favorite things.keep us posted

9. MattStrube

MattStrube

Thanks, this has been slow to gain interest, it may be me and a couple other guys.

10. moter

moter

you will be suprised...if theres not a tornado,hurricane...or snow storm..Austin ppl will be out for a cruise.

Did you make this years garage crawl during the Roundup? :D

11. Big Kevin

Big Kevin

This could be a whole bunch of fun. I'm subscribing to this thread in hopes of updates. Keep us informed! -Kevin-

12. geemann51

geemann51

Id come out from time to time

13. chop&drop

chop&drop

Sounds like it could be a good time. Breakfast tacos, hot rods, gear heads and garages - great combo, and Bee Caves is really close to me. Keep us posted on the plans.

14. MattStrube

MattStrube

Yea, the idea is to try and get out more on a more regular basis...Now I just need a couple of garage volunteers. :)

15. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

Im in when work doesnt interfere.

16. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

This sounds very cool. Like Ryan said if I am around, I would be happy to have the cruise come through Rollingwood and stop at my place. I need an excuse to clean my place up a little bit. I just realized that particular weekend (Valentines Day weekend) I have to be in Houston, but will be happy to particpate in the next one scheduled after that.

17. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Is this still on?

18. MattStrube

MattStrube