Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cross Country Roudtrip in my 60

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blam, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Blam

Blam

yeah i'll have my laptop, i'll try and load up on pictures along the way to share.

i gotta say, i'm blown away by the hospitality of some of the people on this board, i have got so many people offering up phone numbers and opening doors, to me, a complete stranger! Awesome, i hope someday i can return the favor, to someone in need.

Thanks again,
    -Ryan

2. luckystiff

luckystiff

the first two things you should experience in nc is stop at The Penguin in charlotte on your way through for a dixie chicken sandwich(or an amazing burger). and the first spot you should be taken in wilmington is Flaming Amy's for a burritto. the copper penny or whatever it is downtown wilm is pretty damn good too. i miss that town some times. i need to make my way down for a visit.

i'm about 30 west of gastonia via 321(from I85) should you need a spot before finishing your last 4 or so hrs to wilm...ken....

3. richie rebel

richie rebel

o,ya a jug of fuel,since your gauge doesn't work

4. Blam

Blam

oh most definitely.

5. Sounds awesome...have a great trip...you are gonna love NC and especially Wilmington...when you are in Charlotte run over to Mooresville and check out Memory Lane Museum

6. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ryan, When will you be leaving for NC ? Do we have time to get you some supplies for your trip ?

41 Dave

7. Blam

Blam

I'm planning on leaving, December 26th, day after christmas. What kinda supplies do you suggest? I got my tool box, a spare tire, warm sleeping bag, aaa card, and my camera.

8. pinman 39

pinman 39

Hey best of luck to ya and congrats on escaping Boi angles .But seriously the Utah cut off can be a Bitch this time of year . Be Cool be Safe .

9. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

We are looking forward to having you as part of the team.
    Should be picking up your Airstream Monday.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

10. Blam

Blam

yeah i'll be taking it real easy through there i've driven it many times before, never in a hot rod, but the pontiac seems to do pretty good in the snow.

thanks,
    -Ryan

11. devotion

devotion
    from idaho

A word of advice to my good friend Blam. When you start to hit the Eastern states, stop at every waffle house you find and get an egg sandwich.

12. Blam

Blam

Egg Sammy. Check.

13. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

14. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Fried pickles at the Penguin! If you need some shop time in Charlotte, I can get you access to a lift and such. Let me know...

Russ
    704 301 3611

15. Oh man the Penguin...my mouth just watered and my arteries clogged a bit...one of my first stops when I get back there...good luck on your roadtrip Blam

16. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

Well some what cliche but I just cant imagine a road trip through Texas without Cadillac Ranch or the Big Texan!!

This trip sounds amazing. The best of wishes to ya man.

17. d.j

d.j

Hi Ryan! I am going the other way:). I am flying over to chicago tommorow to pick up a -66 cadillac,stay there for a couple of days.then drive to china grove ,north carolina.Staying there for christmas.Final destination is houston texas. Have no plan were to go betveen that.Maybe we meet in new orleans,would be fun. Drive safe.
    Daniel

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

China grove???? how the hell did you find that from sweeden???? Not exactly on the way to Texas......But get in touch if you need some shop time....

19. Blam

Blam

Hell yeah man we should meet up in new Orleans for new years! I'll be solo through there anyways it might be cool to have someone to cruise around with. Check out all the crazies. Lemme know if you're gonna be around.

-Ryan

20. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

When your passing through texas try some shiner on tap. Texas style german food and bbq is pretty good don't pass on a chance for some good bbq briskit and german suasage.
    if you go through moab...http://www.theholeintherock.com/
    the highway out of Richfield UT through Parrowan and over the glenn cambell dam is a cool ride.
    good steakhouse in liberal kansas called the cattleman's cafe
    wafflehouse can be good cheap eatin or too expensive I never had the egg sandwich yet but I usually get a double hashbrown topped with chili and cheese.
    too bad the I40 canyon is closed, that's a nice drive.
    watch out for freezing rain on 40 this time of year, they don't plow or sand.

21. GaryM

GaryM

Blam
    when in Mobile, go to Wetzel's Oyster House for the fried crawfish tails, then out to tour the USS Alabama (battleship) and Air Museum. If you get to Pensacola, go thru the Naval Air Museum....unbelievable.
    I am just off I85 in South Carolina, 2 hours south of Charlotte. 864-226-6922
    If you need anything...
    Gary

22. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ryan, Looking like your plans are coming together. That special package should be in the mail by Sat ! Good luck on your trip with your pup and your Poncho !

41 Dave

23. Blam

Blam

Thanks Dave i can't wait. Things are coming together alright, i can't believe how fast it came up on me, one week til i hit the road! keep your fingers crossed!

-Ryan

24. d.j

d.j

Hehe! A friend has relatives there,makes a good reason for a roadtrip.:D

25. d.j

d.j

I'll let you know if we will be there for new year,could be crazy!
    Leaving chicago for NC tomorrow.

26. Blam

Blam

Well, I'm Hittin the road tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible. Hope everyone is having a good Christmas!!

-Ryan

27. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ryan, Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. Does your plan include celebrating New Years in New Orleans ? That would be a great way to usher in the New Year !

Best wishes from
    Dave and Bernice

28. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Here is your spot, though looks like we have a bigger 31 footer coming next week.
    Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and fun trip.
    Waves are building to 12.5 feet tonight, 68 degrees, winds shifting to offshore around midnight. We will have to build a fire pit, I am sure it will be cold again soon.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

Blam is a good solid guy, starting out on an adventure, so people give him a hand if you can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  29. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Hey Blam, feel free to stop by My shop when/if you come to Houston, just 1 mile off of I-10 west of downtown. We can do lunch or something, be help with any repairs if needed. Pm me for more info. Have a safe and fun trip.

-Saint

30. whitlock

whitlock

I am sure you will have a good time! Keep us posted.