Register now to get rid of these ads!

***Munster's 51' Chevy coupe Chop***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Oct 30, 2009.

1. plan9

plan9

its about time BigE. gets the top cleaned up!! a valiant effort on his part, although i know munster and coby (Church mag) had a hand in it.

munster + bigE + beer and a '51 merc chop... hahaha, frankenstein!!

2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Im glad i can make it better!! They did what they did with the skills they had, and it's pretty good i have to say!! It just needs to be finished and polished. The inner structure needs some serious work though!!:eek:

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't believe that I haven't found this thread before in the past two months.
    I'll have to say Ian that you have raised the bar on chops and body work in general here. You have indeed raised the bar to a new level for the rest of us to strive for.

I've alternated between reading a few pages, stirring the beef stew I'm fixing for dinner, mixing a fresh drink and learning more about details when doing a chop than I have learned in years.
    Looking at the detail photos will help me in a couple of months when I tackle the new cab for my truck. The last time I had a hell of a time with the window frames and now I think I know just how to handle those problems with a new prospective.

Thanks for sharing the photos and comments as many of us have learned quite a bit from it that we can put to use on our own projects.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

5. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx so much man!! It's all about sharing IMO! Im glad the thread is gonna help you for your chop!! Good luck and post some pics!!!! Raising the bar? :eek: That's too much!!!:eek: :) But thank you!!

Thanx !!!

6. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Hey nice work doesn't go unnoticed man,keep it up!! That is really cool about the merc.Looking forward to seeing the progress pics.:)

7. emlovesmercury49

emlovesmercury49

Ian like I said you FUCKEN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I need to take my chevy down to your house so you can do some work to it. Looks like you are going to make it BIG TIME.

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

Oh shit! That is bad ass! If youre wondering what to get me for Christmas... one of these "T-Shirts" would be bitchin"!:D

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Ill post pics of the Mercury !!! Thanx bro!!:)

Let's do it!!

LOL!! I think one should get a shop before making shirts!!:eek:
    :eek:

Thanx bro!!

10. solid

solid

Art man, f#@king art...the roll on that roof line looks like it was stamped that way from dies at the factory. Your metal finishing is outstanding(its going to make me pay more attention to mine). For you to jump on leading like that, and have those results is ridiculous. All the practice in the world cant replace what you got, and thats god givin talent...thanks for posting this thread...

11. big creep

big creep

ian you'll have that merc looking real nice in no time! big E will love it! and you're right, it just needs a little love is all! just a touch!

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Solid for the kind words!!! OCD can be a positive thing sometimes i guess:)
    Means a lot man!!:)

Happy holidays!!

I'm very stoked to start on it this morning!!!

13. Man, this has been some good reading, and you did an awesome job on that chop.

14. Mart

Mart

Great thread. Great workmanship.
    I think my skill level is more in line with the Merc rather than the Chev dammit.
    Please start a new thread for the Merc, though, It sort of seems a bit out of place here.
    I'd like to soo how that one shapes up.
    Mart.

15. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

What a treat man, got to check out Ian's creation today. Thanks a ton bro.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqUVSEV9yPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqUVSEV9yPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHA!!! It was good hangin out man!!! Collin's a good guy!!! Come by anytime brotha!!!

17. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

That is a work of art!

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

wow ian, your like a rock star on here now LOL

19. Lucky444

Lucky444

We've seen pics, but even better to see it moving and with sound effects! Beautiful. Taillights look great lit up too, by the way. Total package.

Thanks for that vid.

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

Hahaha! Your head barely fits out the window!! Bad ass my friend, bad ass.:)

21. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thank you!!:)

Rock star??? You're being silly now !!:eek:
    Just a dude building stuff in the home garage!!!:)

Rad Jason, im glad Delmo posted it, it kinda makes the car real.....oh wow it moves too!!!!;)

Thanx Cj!!! Windows sure are tight!!:eek:

22. lorodz

lorodz

what mill is that ride sound great ....

23. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

'69 Small block chevy, 350. Bought the motor from bobby green, it used to be in his roadster before he put the nail head in it. Comp Cam equipped.

24. SICBOY

SICBOY

THATS BADASS! Sounds awesome :D

25. Very cool Ian, You've got perma-grin now LOL

Quickie question for ya, where did you get the license plate overriders from?

I'm trying to plan the ass end of mine, and I see them quite often on 50chevy.com.

Thanks mang

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx SICBOY!! It does sound pretty good!!:D

I am fucking stoked......Permanently!!! :)

I bought one from BOB K on here, and the other one believe it or not, Jeff gave it to me!!! Unreal!!! You can find them on ebay or in the classifieds from time to time, they range from 150$ to 400$......:eek:
    They're highly sought after!! Good luck, be patient you'll find one at the right price!!

27. zombiehut

zombiehut
    from calgary

Hey Ian , thanks again for taking time to pull the car out and show us. It was cool meeting you and chatting. Cheers
    Collin

Shoot me your address in a pm , I got a little something for your tiki bar when I get home.

28. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Collin, it was a pleasure shooting the shit!!! You're good people man!!!! Ill Pm you!!!:)

Be safe brotha!!!

29. lorodz

lorodz

'69 Small block chevy, 350. Bought the motor from bobby green, it used to be in his roadster before he put the nail head in it. Comp Cam equipped.

whats th exaust ....i want my 56 to growl like that ..<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I have 18" glass packs right underneath the floor boards ( front )
    and the pipes are 2 1/4" . Don't know the brand of the Glass packs, they have a galvanized look with no sticker. we bought them at a local muffler shop supplies store.