Register now to get rid of these ads!

questions for body guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Dec 12, 2009.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ok here it goes Fender and a bumper Paint off the car and assemble or jamb it and paint on car .Trying to figure fastest turnarund time Tomorrow Im at wetsand prime and icing ,Gonna be another long day.

2. Close the paint thinner can and repeat the question, I'm not sure what you are doing!

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

the newer cars,just hang the stuff,shoot and install.

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im replacing a fender and a bumper ,Due to accident. Should I paint it on horses seperate from the car or Paint the lips and edges and then assemble and then mask car off and paint the fender and bumper, Im trying to get this done fastest way possible.I have a quart of nason Urethane and wonder what is the drying time ,And also its for Mom.

5. david363

david363
    from Texas

If your able to match the color without blending,paint it off the car then assemble it

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

if you aren't painting the whole car,just shoot the stuff seperate. if the whole car,assemble it and shoot it all at once.
    it will save you time to shoot seperate and not shooting whole car. that saves masking time .

7. skullhat

skullhat

thats what i do.......also , always paint the bumpers off the car

skull

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ok thats what I thought Im not sure what the drying time will be .Im shooting in my garage ,It will be about 80 or 90 while spraying .But I cant let heater run overnight.Burns a gallon an hour I could bake it for an hour But it will get real hot.Any opinions on baking.Im fortunate I have the paint leftover from when I first rehabbed the car.Another words 2 accident.

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

it should cure ok. if it's tack dry before turning off heat and not freezing out.

10. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

Not sure what your painting,but you mite consider jaming & bolt back together for total over all paint.Especialy if using metalic color to help with metalic modeling from static electricity build up from sanding and because you always get some diggers when reassembling after painting it apart. All this assuming the fenders are going to be the same color. Hope this helps. shermII

11. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Sorry for these questions first winter paint job.I always wait to paint till summer ,Paint flows better.Its also a white car which really doesn't matter.

12. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

we'll get you through this john.

13. Ya paint it off the car as long as you have a good prefit. White can be a sucker to match, but if you can't tint it as you go, spray it and see what you get.

14. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

quality answer ....lovin it!

15. Customs&Color

Customs&Color

You probably will have to blend the door to get the best color match for the new fender. Always paint the bumper off the car.

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You said you have the same paint. Paint it over the same color as when you 1st did the car you're good. Don't fret the dry time. Hang it the next day and move on. What kind of car is it?