Register now to get rid of these ads!

is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwl52, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

i dont klnow what happened it had bids earlier.

2. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

oh never mind it says on the bid page

3. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

2 retracted bids

4. "it just had a photoshoot for Ol Skool Rodz thats what most of the pictures are from. i will provide copys of all the photoshoot pics and the contact information of the editor of the mag so you can follow up with him to see when they will be published."

This says it all!

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

keep looking. i can drive to 3 cars in better shape in my area right now for sale and you could probably buy all 3 for that starting bid price. no not any of the 3 ALL 3. i would honestly question $500 for that car much less 5k. that thing is scary...ken....

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

He is selling the 53 also. Starting bid $2.000.00. I found it under sellers other items. No bids on it yet. I have dealt with a few guys in this hobby. That dream large and will not fit into a egoless build. sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Whatever the reason he is selling his stuff. I wish him luck...John

7. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

i didnt see the other car

8. damnfingers

damnfingers

I wondered what had happened to that abortion...and is that chick it's mother?

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

what's really funny is how many here gave him huge thumbs up in that "build thread"

pretty funny.

also, i love the fact that any foolio just puts "customs" behind their name and thinks they're a car builder because they have a lot of bad ideas and can lay down some messy welds. "caseycustoms" ?
    i've seen your work. sweet man....

that being said, to the original poster of this thread, it goes without saying that you should pass on this car. looks like nothing but problems...

it's more of a "good-bye!" than a "good buy"

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

zing!

11. Looked through all the pictures of it.
    It's not working............ on so many levels.

12. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

13. You can buy a pretty decent uncut 49-54 Chevy for that money, just a search of eBay alone aught to turn up a number of cars. You're probably better off with one of those as a starting point and building it how you want.

And if you really want this, wait. If he really needs to sell it for some reason, the price will get lower with each listing until someone bites.

I never noticed on that car that while he cut the body down the middle and widened it, he couldn't cut the front door down the middle and lengthen it.. so it looks like a 4-door with the back doors welded up. I would scratch my head, but when I look at the pictures again, I really don't have to.

Wonder why it's for sale? Can't afford the $5000 worth of Bondo to smooth it out?

Anyone sent in questions asking if for the $5000 the girl comes with it?

Okay, I'm done -

No, wait, one more. Tiger Woods should buy it.

14. henry29

henry29

Well, the other one looks well built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Oh yes..that looks quite nice..

16. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

There are those that learn how to do what they do not know, and then there are those that do with *what* they know......then there are those that just do sh*tty jobs. These fall somewhere in the latter two.

17. You should see the shitstorm on the other board I frequent when this thing was being built. A banned hamber was like wtf is wrong with all the HAMBers giving him props?????????? I think I could turn that into a decent dirt track car still............. well on second thought maybe it would not even work for that. We generally get those cars for free or like a dollar to build into a roundy round runner lmfao.

I just had a brainstorm, would it not be cool if someone bought one of the 2 cars for a dollar and rebuilt it properly into something respectable. Caseys-custums could use it as a tax write-off maybe.-Weeks

18. HaHa!!!!:D

19. Muttley

Muttley

Its a piece of something.

20. Sacred Steel

Sacred Steel
    from Mass.

DAMN! Is that the gas tank? :eek:

21. choptopdoc

choptopdoc
    from tulsa

Yeah dude, That thing looks like a waste of effort to me. Iv seen moredoors turned into twodoors done right, but that aint one of em. Be patient!!!! A better buy will come along soon. Especially in times like these.

22. mortecai

mortecai

Man i am gonna have to go along with the majority here and say to fergit it. for a 52 chev it has pontiac hood trim and looks like deck trim as well. beside that the ornamentation isn't that neat either.

23. thesupersized

thesupersized

hahahaha!! well at least it has lots of trunk space!!!

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good buy? More like goodbye as you run fo the hills!

25. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Its a shame he went through all the work to do it wrong.

I'm really suprised that OlStoolRodz would stoop low enough to have that on thier pages.

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

That use to be one of my favorite mags. Havent bought the last 3 mags after flipping through em. Too many wat wods.

I still like CKD

27. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

I remember seeing this thing on a thread a while ago and thinking "What the fuck did this guy do!?" Seriously talk about ruining a car

28. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

WOW!!! i remember seein that thing on here when that dude was buildin it. and yeah, guys were givin him props! i was thinkin, you gotta be kiddin me. i was surprised that anybody, even the guy buildin it, thought it looked good! and then to go and do a second one? what would make you think this was a good buy???

29. go for it

so we can have something better while yer funds are tied up..

30. I take back what I said about it being a good start for a project. I didn't realize it was the same car as the old post on here. As far as the bid retractions, if you read the explanations they were cancelled by him not by the potential buyers. Those pics of his other car are pretty fuckin scary...