Register now to get rid of these ads!

is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwl52, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

sorry i was told to not post ebay links.

i saw on his listing that he posted a hamb link. just wondering what you guys think, it looks like it will need alot of body work to be straight.it just seems priced a little low like there may be other problems

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Dude pass on this ,Better deals out there .Once you drive a streetrod you will never go back.Save your money and buy a streetrod .

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Looks like a problem to me

4. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I remember when that guy joined up. I don't want to be an asshole, but that thing looks like a whole-lotta heart ache. I would pass!

5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

No, absolutely f**king not. If I'm not mistaken, there was a build thread on that one here perhaps? Maybe it was another half-ass abortion. That thing is beyond ugly....it should be crushed, burned, and have an exorcism performed on it.....and perhaps bury it face down pointed West...just to make sure it goes to hell where it belongs.

Just so you know...this is the worst thing I have ever said on the HAMB, if that tells you anything. That car looks like ass!!!

6. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

thats kinda what i was thinking, there may be alot more work there than you think.

having a runing and driving project would be a nice instead of the crap i usually bring home, ha.

7. What makes you say it's priced low ? It's an auction. I've seen stuff on Ebay that started at a buck end up selling for several thousand dollars. The ending bid is the only one that will tell what people think it's worth. I've seen lots of guys (myself included at times) start off low to save a few bucks on the listing fees and the opening bid has nothing to do with what it's worth. Looks like a great start but if you want something that dosn't need any work you might want to save your money and look for something that's finished. Alot of us find the actual build to be as much or more fun that driving the finished product. If there's things you don't like about it but the price is right buy it and fix it. If you don't want to do any work maybe buying a hotrod isn't for you...

8. Ghost28

Ghost28

That belongs to southpark here on the hamb.

9. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

every post he tried to post was deleted because of his unsafe and unhotrod like attempts. he's doing another one that's as bad. shouldn't be allowed to tag that thing.

10. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

the roof sags, lots of other major problems with it, im not going to bash but I'd keap looking. for the money you could get a decent stocker and enjoy.

11. mottsrods

mottsrods

that dudes a member on here.... Southpark....i knew i had saw it before......tell him you'll buy it if he gives you a HAMB discount

12. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

yea it says he was banned i was gonna ask him questions on here, but ill just send him an email from ebay

13. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

There's 4 early to mid 50's GM cars and several early 60's Fords at a local junk yard close to where I live that are unmodified and would be a prime starting point for anyone. I found them randomly up here in the rusty North. Keep looking, man.....you'll find something good. Do better than I did, buying a car that needed LOTS of panel replacement. Down in FL you should be swimming in them....hell, drive up to GA or AL....buyers' paradise.

14. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I'd pass there is alot of stuff out there alot cleaner at a better price

15. 68ragtop

68ragtop
    from Texas

The pancake job on the hood looks like it is warped beyond fixing. I would really pass on this on unless you own a bondo factory.

16. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

southpark was banned but he registered under southpark2..that's funny!! he kept trying to shove these abortions down the hambs throat and it didn't work.

17. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Dang, that thing is ugly. I am not a big fan of newer car dashes in older cars. Looks like Southpark used the Caprice's dash in that thing. Sorta ruins the whole old car vibe for me.

18. cwl52

cwl52
    BANNED

i think i was just enticed by the low price, but my minds made up. thanks guys

19. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

[​IMG]

20. low price? wanna buy a bridge!

21. barnescole

barnescole

yeh, uuuuuhhh no.

22. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

If the car could sell itself it would but since it needs teh girls help,,i dunno,,and why no open hood shots? It what it is but........

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You do not want that car at any price. A lot of us followed his "build thread" and just as everyone previously said, it isn't a vehicle you want to have to make right.

I have a standing policy with my self in that if I can't say something good about a guys car I don't say anything at all unless I view it as unsafe. That body was split down the middle, from end to end and widened so that it would fit the later and much wider chassis. The builders reasoning for doing that and his methods were questioned and questionable at the time.

there are some decent little Chevies with that body style out there for the same or less money and I'm sure that someone here can steer you towards one if you ask.

None of us who have posted here want to see you back in a couple of weeks fussing about this pos car that you bought off ebay that was supposed to be connected to this board that you found out you will never be able to make right no matter how much money you throw at it. But if it happens we will all be here to say "I told you so".

24. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I only looked at the first couple of pics, and couldn't figure out why you guys were bashing it so hard...then I looked at it again. I don't even think a rat-rodder would have that thing.

25. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I don't think Lexan is a legal windsheild material, but I could be wrong. Also, I think the girl is actually holding the door up in one of those photo's.

26. skullhat

skullhat

as a body and paint guy, i'd agree. you will never make that body straight enough for flat black

cant speak on the rest of the car, but the body work would be enough to scare me off

skull

27. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

take it from a old car guy, BUY WHAT SPEAKS TO YOU.....if that's what you want, buy it....I have had 235 cars in my tender 36 years scince my 1st car.....I have now 9 Hot Rods, plus my everyday car and a Truck, I have a street rod, 1935 Chevrolet Master 2 door Sedan, Street Rods are ok, and I am a Lifetime member of the NSRA, #2234 but I have 5 Falcons...I like my Falcon's, SHIT loads over one of the kooolest chevrolet sedans ever made, Suicide doors and all.....Cars are like women, we like what we like...so cars you use your heart, not so much your head, just use the head enough to make sure you don't get screwed.....

28. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

<TABLE class=vi-is1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Time left:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>21h 19m 37s (Dec 11, 200918:00:00 PST)</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Bid history:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>0 bids[Refresh]</TD></TR><TR><TD height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-bdr colSpan=4>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg">Starting bid:</TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll">US $5,000.00</TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb" colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-solid height=10 colSpan=4></TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg">Your maximum bid:</TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll"><TABLE class=vi-is1-prcp border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="vi-is1-prcs vi-is1-cur">US $</TD><TD><INPUT id=v4-13 class="vi-is1-tet vi-is1-mb" maxLength=10 size=8 name=maxbid></TD></TR><TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb" colSpan=2>Place bid<INPUT hideFocus id=but_v4-18 title="" value="Place bid" type=submit name="">Place bid</TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg"></TD><TD class=vi-is1-solid colSpan=3>(Enter US $5,000.00 or more)

Smart Folks...0 Bids.. 2 RETRACTIONS
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

29. mikemo

mikemo

Wow, what a piece of work that is!

30. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Yeeesh!! I think the chick is there to distract your eyes from the lack of craftsmanship. Shoulda used a few more!:D