Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Cool Pictures" Thread closed -- what a shame

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by dgang26, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgang26

dgang26

Really hated to see the "Cool Pictures" thread closed.
    With a thread that large there certainly was some off topic stuff -- but damn -- to just shut down probably the BEST thread on this board -- not cool at all

Any other thoughts on this ?

2. RT Spartan

RT Spartan

I agree, I looked forward to seeing all the "cool pictures" in the thread. Do we have to start all over?

3. dgang26

dgang26

I guess we will have to just start over.
    Really do not understand the reasoning behind it -- not cool

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Bummed, majorly, but some folks have no idea what 'cool' is.

5. jmh

jmh

That was the first site I checked every time I logged on!:(:( John

6. billy zz

billy zz

7. junk fiend

junk fiend

NO!!! is it really closed, man i looked at pictures on there every day:(:mad:.

why? to much OT stuff?

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

you could always ask Ryan or another mod why it was closed.

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

It's not the first time it was closed, but the moderators were tired of trying to keep it on track,... and way to many OT pictures showed up on a regular basis,... I really hated to see it closed again as well, but cant blame them,... they told everyone time and time again about staying on topic,... then a couple posts later it all started again,.....

I agree it is really sad to see it go, but you can't say we weren't warned. some people just cant (or wont) follow the guidelines.

10. At the risk of being reprimanded for being a new guy & questioning what the powers that be have done.. it kinda reminds me of being back in gradeschool when the teacher can't get anyone to fess up to doing something stupid so she keeps everyone after school... Except in this case they know exactly who the offenders were. I don't get it either but I'm just a guest in their house and they make the rules.

11. I just started another one. Please feel free to contribute!

12. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

RIP Cool Pictures thread. You will be missed. We will be sad. And to whomever posted the O/T posts that got it shut down: YOU SUCK! (I'll try to keep what I'm really thinking to myself...)

13. RichG

RichG

"Another 22 Off Topic/Replies to O/T, and Drama posts deleted off this Thread..."

Last post by metalshapes on that thread.

I'd imagine that trying to manage 85,000+ members would be more difficult than you'd think, far simpler to simply close the offending thread.

14. dgang26

dgang26

A new "Cool Pictures" thread was just started up again
    Lets support it and get some really good cool old hot rod / custom pictures going again
    That thread was my absolute favorite on the HAMB

15. freebird101

freebird101

thats a bummer

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  16. dgang26

dgang26

Well -- it is their board and they can close it if they want -- but damn that was such a fine thread with so many way cool pictures -- just loved it !
    I hope we can get it (or the new one) going again

17. Sniff, sob.
    I'm going to miss it.
    Cool pictures was the first thread I looked at every morning when I woke up and was my primary source of entertainment on the HAMB.
    Thank you Dog and every one else that participated.
    We have to accept it's death I guess.

18. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Maybe a guideline of what the thread is intended to show would help. Then a repost of that guideline every 50 pages or so may help. I know it wasn't intended for planes, trains, tractors, motorcycles, bicycles, naked women, or farm animals. Theres a great thread for Drag cars, so might as well leave those off too!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What "right"?? I can't fucking beleive you even typed that.

A guideline?? What part of tradtional hot rod and customs don't you understand??

No wonder it got closed :rolleyes:

20. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

You said cool pictures post them. Maybe the topic will be more specific. Too many monerators and friends of Those that have too much power on this web site. I watch time and time again new people coming on and post a innocent question only to be told off by a senior member or monitor because they didn't use the search button. Slot of biased opinions if you ask me. It was wrong to closed the thread but it was also wrong to ban the guy for just simply posting a innocent funny picture. The guy should have been givin a warning that the pic will be deleted or somthing but not completly banned. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. I wasn't offened by his pic and I don't think it was a big deal. The monerators are taking it way to far and are in my opinion abusing there own power. Not fair and not good for the hamb. By the way I hope I don't get banned for saying all this.

21. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ditto Denise.... I guess with a group this size, you're bound to have some real idiots.

Ryan, I for one enjoy the hell out of this site and have no problem with you enforcing the rules. Thanks for the enjoyable stuff while it lasts!

22. I Drag

I Drag

If I am not highly mistaken (quite possible) I saw a couple of pics depicting someone driving a car with a beer bottle in one hand, and a semi-automatic on the dashboard.

I knew then the time was short.

23. dgang26

dgang26

Well folks -- this thread has been moved -- I guess they did not want to hear our opinions on the big board

I guess that is just the way it is going to be --

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thanks for the support...

I really appriciate it.

For the record, I dont think anybody got banned for posting any picture.

But some did for acting like a 12 year old, after getting one or more deleted.

Also, none of the Mods are on a powertrip.

For me personally, I take the task very serously, and I read through a lot of O/T crap to make sure I make the right decissions.

As far as it getting Closed ( it is not Deleted ), yeah it sucks.

But the Users that messed it up have had more than enough warnings.

I have no problem volunteering my time.
    But that doesnt mean I'm going to waste it by doing exactly the same thing over and over again, on the same Thread.
    Just to be back to square one a little while later...

25. It's good to know that it wasn't deleted. There were alot of very cool pics there and it would be a shame if they were gone.:)

26. DistantHorizon

DistantHorizon

I looked at all the pics on that thread - took a bunch of time over the last month. Finally got to the end, time to post my own contribution! Posted 3 of my own pics (twin-hemi [392-based, not 426] rails), thread lasted a day or two and closed. :(

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Actually THIS is the exact place the thread should have been posted to begin with. This is the section for questions and suggestions regarding the board. The main section of the HAMB is for talking about hot rods and customs, NOT bitchen about how things are done around here.

Appreciate what the mods do around here or get the fuck out.....yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not a mod so I don't have to be as nice about it.

28. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

oh yea I remember that pic. Gee I don't think his pic got deleted or did he get banned.

29. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

Wow language like that should get ya banned. Your mouth is realy offensive. I don't understand why you have to be so threatning. Woman to woman that's not very lady like.

30. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

So why did it get closed? Off topic? Sounds lame. The only time a thread got close on Pirate4x4 was cause the cops got involved. Wenzel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.