Register now to get rid of these ads!

Root Beer Float .... A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smith32, Sep 17, 2009.

1. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

Ok well i traded the Caddy with a fellow Hamber hotroddinkc, for his Little Model A Coupe

so here is the pics of it as of today when he dropped it off......Dunno for sure what all im going to do to it yet........For Sure is will be a root beer brown & a light creme color......... That so far is the only thing set in stone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Was it snowing????

3. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Good to see you got your thread started...you know I have a sweet spot for coupes!!!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cool. I am in the process of painting my Father's Old Kennedy Tool box with a silver flake base and Root Beer Candy over it. I'll add some vanilla shake striping when it's finished. Killer Combo!!!

I think this one is aching for a 324 Olds topped off by 4 or 6 twos!!!

5. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Cool project, I like the stance.

6. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Check out brewtons coupe......its the finest example of a rootbeer coupe that I hav seen!

7. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

Hey thanks Devil, i been looking for something to actually see in person or in pic instead of the vision dancing in my head.........

Well i finally got a chance to tear into some of the Boxes of parts that came with the car.......... The Rearend is just simply tack in the car right now to make it a roller.......so i took the pieces that Kc had already fabbed up to index the rearend, gave em a quick look over and went to work altering it to make it my own

we got a pair of ol skool split raer bones and some brackets..... the bolt holes where not drilled in the axle tab, so that was the first plan of attack.. then a quick templet for some speed holes and another templet for a top piece to help reinforce the old bones

i dunno, im kinda up in the air with the top reinforcment piece..... to me it is a little bulky as well as a little overkill, but i sure dont want any off this stuff to break from torque

Attached Files:

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those are 47-48 Ford FRONT wishbones, not any year of rear at all.

Just so you'll know.

The reinforcement gusset is a good idea anyway.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

AHHH Ok well KC told me they where rear bones so i took his word for it.... Works for me...... Thanks for clearing that up

10. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

I been trying to get things done on the coupe here lately but seems like every direction i try to go there is something stopping me....... well last night i finally started doing what i had to do to get the actual rear suspension under the car and the car fully sitting on it............ Found out tooo, that i was going to need to order a few parts so thats going to take place here in a bit too...... It is not the ordering of parts that i hate, it is the waiting for them to get here......

Pics coming soon

11. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Very cool . But I like it as it is :)

12. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

Not awhole hell of alot getting done but something is better than nothing i guess....... Tacked in all my brackets on the rearend for the Buggy spring, got the spring sitting in the spring perch, tacked the mounting brackets on the Rear wishbones.... the Thing that sucks is having to wait for parts to arrive.. got quite a few things on order so i can get the rearend all mocked up..once it all gets here i'll drop the rear end out and run thru and finish weld everything... then back in it will all go

Attached Files:

13. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

ok at it again today

body mounts all designed, cut out, welded up and ready to be installed in the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was going to buy a set of rear lower shock mount brackets from Speedway but then the Light bulb went off in my head...They arent that hard to make... so i wittled a pair out of steel and here they are ready to go in also (just waiting on the new shocks to arrive)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wasnt very happy with the structural integretity of the 1"x1" that spanned the gap in the rear of the body, nor was that going to be quit enough meat for me to weld the rear section of the floor to

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So out it came and it got replaced with a new piece of 1"x2"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i went ahead and ran another piece of 1"x2" at the bottum of the Z to make it a little bit easier weld in the lower section of floor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So thats about it for tonight, but definately more to come [​IMG]

14. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

Looking good!

15. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Lookin good

I like the way you did the rear set up

I to am using 42-48 wishbones on the rear. I'm using 36 radius rod ends And turning them up so you cant see them. When you look from the side. I'm still working on them should be done by the end of the week.

Here's how I'm doing mine

Attached Files:

16. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Keep it coming.......like updates

17. rustychrome

rustychrome

Hey Smith32,Dewayne, wheres my money !!! Or my plates !!! Whats up dude??? Dishonesty will get you nowhere quick!!!

18. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

neat drilled mounts... keep the pics coming.

19. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Hey some updates around here!!!!!!!

20. rustychrome

rustychrome

Heres an update, Smith32 owes people MONEY. he posted ads tookm the cash and went awol. He finally got booted off the forum when he started using it again...but he never once contacted any of his victims to offer a reason for ripping us off!!!

21. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Well that sucks...sorry to here people got ripped off!

22. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

RustyChrome............Tell you what buddy, i know Smith32...... He has been having some health issues.... Heard you were talking some things out here on the HAMB and had been trying to get ahold of you so he get things str8 with you

He and I would Appreciate it if you hit me up with a phone number on how to reach you so u guys could get this thing settled up

23. rustychrome

rustychrome

Alright! I sent you the number, it would be nice to have yall straighten this out. And the only things being said out here are the truth! So go ahead and give me a call.