Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else is stupid enough to put up with this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

You got a trailer for that Galaxie? or were you gonna flat drag it? My dually's still warm from the ride home...

2. I left Michigan when I was 18 and moved to Florida. Now that I am retired in Georgia, I am stupid enough to go back every year for the Autorama

3. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Now I know you are all going to feel sorry for me...67 deg average here...strawberries and artichokes (and ME ) thrive in this coastal microclimate..
    Here is the shocker...85 deg @ Irwindale last week for the Turkey night race (2 days doing tech on a bunch of midgets and sprint cars)...Flew out of lax friday @ noon in shorts and tee shirt. Little rock was ok..in the mid 60's..BUT Amarillo and Flagstaff , snowing like hell..and me still in shorts etc...I40 hammer down, home monday night.
    Dave

4. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Wow, that's worse than I expected it to be, Lee! To think some of my Calgary friends laughed at us when we left Alberta for Manitoba! Right now there's barely an inch of the crap on the ground, but it's damn cold here. I really need some heat in my garage. :(

5. rebelrat

rebelrat

It's snowing in San Antonio.......Hang on...........It's gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Hip

Hip

Well, believe it or not, tonight we have a 80% chance of rain/snow mix in the high desert through Tues. night, then back to high 60's and sunny Wend. Crazy desert weather!

7. daliant

daliant

At least there's no mosquitoes flying around in that shit. Gotta love when the wind packs snow under your hood like a snowball.

8. elrobo818

elrobo818

dang that sucks man...

move to cali!

:cool:

9. I am in Winnipeg and we just have a dusting on the ground, grass is still visible. I heard out west got whacked but didnt think it was that much! It will soon, very soon be here.

kgdb

10. Kingsway

Kingsway

The best for me is on monday when i gotta put cars on the hoist and get dripped on. Thats a good time!
    But yeah i gotta put up with the same stuff. Hey on the plus side we don't have really big spiders! Or scorpions. or anything that can't survive -30 c and colder.

11. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

whats that white shit all over everything??? went sailing yesterday and got a good dose of sunburn and slightly dehydrated....so needed more cold beers.

12. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

thats a lot of snow and -29 is cold!...... it's not bad at all here... only about 2'' on the ground and 17degrees

13. 69fury

69fury

Supposed to get a dusting tonite, then from Monday nite-through Tuesday nite, the big stuff hits. I sit on the line between the 3-5" prediction and the 5-8" prediction, so i figure i'm due for 5" of snow, except this is Kansas so i'll pack the flip flops and sunscreen, too.

and yeah, my new place has all my tools crammed into a one car garage, so the falcon's outside shiverin'.

And tornados do suck.

14. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I wore shorts today too!! It's snowing... I love the cold though!

15. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Fuck the Longhorns...

16. George G

George G

Yes definately sucks to be us.......

17. Lucky444

Lucky444

Not trying to be an A-Hole, but just took these pics today while cruising Honolulu. This is winter here....gets a little monotonous!

Attached Files:

18. Here's an update, truck is running, and the model A is squeezed into the shop.
    The model A fired up good, the starter was frozen, but the crank start worked, first time i've ever used it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm off with the trailer to get my Galaxie. Hopefully the winch works haha

19. I was bumed out it was raining ,till I read this.

20. Geez! I guess I'll quit whining about the cold weather here. It must have been down to 50 today.

21. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I remember working in a cold freezing garage in Chicago..oil burning stove eventually burning your eyes.
    No matter how warm the garage got..that concrete floor was freezing.

The worst though was when something broke on the DD..and I'd either have to get it into the garage and lose the heat..or work outside.

And today I stayed inside cause it was 65 and cloudy..worked in the garage..watched football..and remebered that space heater..

Fondly...

Ah...Nope...

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

sitting in front of the kerosene heater, been miserable cold and rainy here rotten weather to work on anything.

23. this is the first year ive had a garage of my own, i fired up the heater for the first time to see how its gonna work this winter, it ran for a while, i shut it off, looked at the thermostat and could almost watch the temp go down.

its gonna cost me a fuckin fortune to keep warm. shit i need to insulate! winter costs money like a bitch.

24. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

That's the reason my Dad moved us all to the far left coast from Sudbury Ontario when I was a kid. He got sick of the cold and snow. I'm glad he moved us when I see those pics. It rains a lot here in the winter, and we do sometimes get some snow, but generally only lasts about a week. It has been cold the last few days, around the freezing tempature, but lucky no snow.
    This area is about the warmest winter weather in Canada. I would not want to live "back east" again....

25. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

jeeze, And i was sad parking the 53' today and putting it up on jackstands.
    haha, Stop dreaming of a white christmas people, please.

26. I was going to post on the "we had snow in Texas thread" to show them what real snow was:rolleyes:. Glad you got the A inside. Now it is supposed to get cold glad it is coming after all the shovelling.

27. woodman

woodman

I took a walk today, the high was 14deg. the wind chill was 3deg. very little snow. Been here all my life and it still sucks. Wished I could afford to go south for the winters.

28. well its cold in vancouver as well but rain run,s away arent we lucky on the west coast

29. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

ive lived in tucson,az for 21 years, its snowed 2x, and it didnt stick to the ground

30. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I stuck by me..in 2007..
    [​IMG]

Looking out our kitchen...But by 11am..it was gone..and about 65 degrees..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009