Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im new here and I need some help if you don't mind

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rustyhood, Dec 5, 2009.

1. rustyhood

rustyhood

With all the awesome rods and threads I have seen and read here. Made me more than eager to join. Great rods and really good guy's and gals here. I'am 53 years old now but when I was a kid my dad had a 30's era 2door. if my memory serves me correct it looked like a German style car.
    It had oversize headlights and a odd back slope. It looked kinda like a 32 Ford. He only had this car a short time. I can't ask my parents they are no longer with us. I have went through old Family pics and can't find it. I would love to just see this awesome style car one more time. I have been to numerous rod sights and still no luck. As with all old rodders these things stick in our minds through the years just knowing mom had pics of dads old rods just to find out the camera didn't catch this one.
    The love of street rods trinkled down from my dad. My son is building one awesome 40 chevy p/up so it will never end. My gandson won't stay out of it. We all know what that means. I hope you might have a pic or some idea where for me to look. Thanks for any help. Old Rodders Never Die we just pass our passion on for improvement! Happy Holidays!

2. 41blueoval

41blueoval

Hello from minnesota. Sweet truck in your pic. What year is it?

3. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

greetings from the netherlands i hope that you find what you,re looking for here on the hamb good luck

4. rustyhood

rustyhood

Thank you and Greetings to Bluoval and Styleline. Speaking of a sweet truck you have one! mine is an 1936 Chevy Fat Fender 1/2 ton. and Styleline has a sharp ride as well. I love this site! I would like to see more pics of your rides! Did you build them?
    were they project to masterpiece?

5. billygoat67

billygoat67

welcome from iowa

6. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D

7. 41blueoval

41blueoval

Thanks rustyhood.
    I bought my 41 the way it is. It was built in the 80's.
    Unfortunately the box isnt there. But the oak flat bed
    is like a piece of furniture! Its held up very well for its age IMG_0182.JPG

8. ductdude

ductdude

welcome to the HAMB

9. 1930roadster

1930roadster

welcome to the HAMB from Fl

10. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

Welcome. About the car you're looking for, you mentioned the odd-slope in the back. Is that a humpback? Also, do you remember if it is an American car or anything? Any other distinguishing things you can remember about the car?

11. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Welcome Rusty!

12. thebugbox

thebugbox

Your description was a bit vague, but I'm willing to start the guessing game. I think the old British Austins have a bit of a Ford look to them. I have a '37 Austin 10 4 door that's in storage. Probably going to part with it soon as my other projects need to take priority. (This is NOT my car, just one I found on the web)

[​IMG]

13. DMFB

DMFB

Oh shit, my dad is on the HAMB! Its all over now, haha.

-DMFB

P.S. I'm a bit jealous of your name. Rusty Hood. Thats pretty bad ass.

14. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois

15. Welcome, and we don't mind helping if we can. If you find any pics of the mystery car, be sure to post them. Or if you find a picture of a car that looks like it, post that. Like your truck. Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks.

16. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

thanks rusty mine 46 was also build in the 80,s i bought this car in this condition i put a little of my own in it.before i starded whit the rod,s i had some other american cars 72 chevelle,65 new yorker,64 galaxy 500,52 styline this was my first sled fixed them up an sold them an that was my start to this wonderfull world off hot rodding
    greatings from the netherlands

17. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Welcome from Wisconsin.

18. rustyhood

rustyhood

Thanks guy's. hell I've be so into all I have seen here I just remembered to check back! The British Austin isn't it but thanks. I remember it looking like a 32 ford 2 door but a German type back slope. it was very unique looking. It also had like oversized headlights. wish I could show you this car. It had a wicked personality just sitting in the back yard.I have searched German Fords and found Henry Ford did make auto's over in Germany but can't find any photos. If you or myself spot a photo.....you will see why it stuck in a young kids mind! would make one bad azz hot rod!

19. rustyhood

rustyhood

It also had suicide doors if that helps?

20. thebugbox

thebugbox

21. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga

22. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

Hi and Welcome Rustyhood, The car you might be thinking is a DKW I don't have a real good picture but they made alot of neat cars. The car in the picture is a 1937, but they did make cars in the 20's.

Attached Files:

• dkw.jpg
      dkw.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
  23. Welcome from Georgetown,KY

24. rustyhood

rustyhood

OMG! Dude this is the style it was!!!!! the radiator was just like that. My dads was a hard top but this actually brought tears to my eyes!!!!
    I honestly thought I would never see anything like it again. Being a little boy the headlights probaby just seemed to be bigger than I remember.
    I have no clue why I check this thread today but I am soooo glad I did!
    Man I can't thank you and all that posted suggestions enough. I don't know how my dad got this car but it had an amazing impact on this guy.
    You sir if you come to NSRA Louisville PM me and I will have Ice Cold Beer waiting on you! Thanks again....you have no clue how much you just made this old guy's day! And by the way...if it were a hard top, wouldn't this be an awesome hot rod? :eek:

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Also check out a thread very odd rods ,You can find it in the search function .And by the way welcome .

26. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

And welcome from Nebraska. If you need anything related to interesting, not OT, cars you are in the right place. Good luck in your search.