Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyford40, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's one that really gets me...those guys that open the hood on whatever POS they have the minute they park at a car event, to show off a dirty, spray can "rebuilt" engine with overspray all over, a crappy air cleaner on it and the bottom of the hood displaying grease, anti-freeze and bugs...if it's not detailed, leave the damned hood closed...!!! I've seen enuff stock engines in ugly engine compartments to last a life time.

And one more: Kustoms should NEVER be shown at an outdoor car event with hoods, trunks and doors open...!!!

R-

2. BlueGhost

BlueGhost

I think this is mainly a Texas thing, but people who use the shoulder like its another lane.

Especially the ones who are cruising along just fine, then decide to drop 10mph below the speed limit pull half way onto the shoulder and expect you to pass them while going around a curve or up a hill.

3. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Damn,,,you guy's are kinda touch'y. I wonder how many people woke up this morning just to piss you off?

Montana1 likes this.
  4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

People who send everything out body ,paint .interior .motor ,and then say they built it themselves..........

5. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

i've got out of the passenger seat of my buddys car and closed the girl's in front of us at light before. she didn't even notice though.

6. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Party pooper.

I thought the majority of this was pretty lighthearted and somewhat therapeutic, you seem to have used it to vent a little yourself.

I usually try to be helpful or at lest humorous when someone is clueless, but some people are so blatantly ignorant or lacking a sense of humor that they are just asking for some tough love.

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I hate it when I do something stupid and My friend cant stop laughing long enough to open the door so I can extract whats left of my thumb. Then tells everyone.
    Howabout the H/F wire wheel that shedded and put a wire in my cheek and I didnt notice till the girlfriend had to pull it out. She dosent like icky things like that.
    Dam, had to hold her all night.

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You have to sell your 53 coupe that you worked your ass off, it ends up half way across the country so you accept the fact that you'll never see it again. One night watching TV, Barry Mcguire is interviewing the guy who bought it from you while they are standing in front of it. In freakin StPaul Minnesota. DOH.:mad:

9. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

yes!!!!!

10. zzford

zzford

When it applies to a hot rod, the term "correct". That is a term that sould only be used by the restorer wanks. The very nature of our hobby requires that our cars reflect individualism. To be "correct" a car must fit someone elses profile of the way YOUR car should be equipped.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  11. jtille

jtille

When someone says that will never work what you need to do....And never tried it himself.

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The grammar, spelling, and punctuation in craigslist ads...

13. roddinron

roddinron

Hot rodders with brand loyalty.

14. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

x2 on that one. I have looked at lots of those type of cars, usually they are overpriced. Another thing that gets on my nerves is the Scrap Excuse that automatically makes any pile of crap worth way more that it should be. I looked at a 65 International once. It was a beat up and rusty non-running 3/4 pickup. Now I have heard the scrap excuse at least a dozen times before this and I told my friend,"how much you wanna make a bet that this guy is going to tell me the truck is worth big bucks in scrap." Gave him a call, sure enough the scrap excuse was pulled. That 2wd 3/4 ton was worth 1000 bucks in scrap. When I pointed out that the last truck I bought in fetched about 200 bucks he then told me the tires were worth at least 600 bucks and he bought them brand new. Well maybe they were brand new in 1980 because they were so weather checked they would have to be replaced anyway. Lying is one thing, lying is a whole different ball game when you are looking right at the thing being lied about and it is as obvious as shit is brown. I bought a 1954 Packard once for 400 bucks. It was a good deal, running and driving car, but the owner had to use the scrap excuse as reason to justify the price of the car. Said he was going to bring it into the scrap yard because it was worth big bucks. I had to rescue it from being melted down into little econoboxes or worse Chinese tools.

15. Gene@Gearworksmfg

Gene@Gearworksmfg

it peeves me that sometimes fat chicks want to ride on my motorcycle with me..

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Send 'em my way, fattist hater.

17. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

didn't you agree to let her ride it before she bought it for you????

18. RichG

RichG

Tofu. It's not even really food, I mean, come on, "it tastes like whatever you cook it with"? What the hell is that? You don't cook brocolli with chicken so it will taste like chicken, do you? How about biscuits and gravy, why would you want the biscuits to taste like the gravy? Who thinks this crap up, health food nazis? I say screw 'em all, I'm going to eat my steak with all the fat, butter on my potatoes, with a big helping of green beans and bacon to boot!

You people, on the other hand, are entirely too anal retentive. With the exception of the one guy with the cold brains, this thread was completely useless.

19. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

"those still exist?"

20. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

oooooooo. Thats got to hurt. And the sight of Barry Mcquire with make up and a cheesy ass smile.

21. The term "needs restoration" when selling cars.

So you're telling me this shitbox sedan with no windshield and 3 wheels isn't restored?? While shit now I have to find a 4th wheel AND look into restoration services!?! It's a good thing you told me up front!

It's like looking at a car that's on fire and being told "needs to not be on fire".

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  22. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

Hell yeah. I hate the smell of those things. I even go so far as to use Free and Clear detergent as well.

If I'm gonna smell, I wanna stink!

23. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

douche bags with blowout hairdos in there mustangs or camaros that have to bark their pipes everytime they see your car thinking youre going to drag race them.

and run-on sentences...

24. When talking about sales pitches in ads, there is one word so ambigious that it has the opposite effect the seller intended....at least with me it does.....the word..."rebuilt."

25. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I had the same thought until the guy who used to be the editor of Easyrider told me that I need to get on my enginecycle and get the hell on the road if that was the way I felt.

26. $9.99
    $19.99
    etc.....

27. How 'bout the antiquated system of adding the 9/10 to the price of a gallon of gas...they trick almost all of us into rounding down.

Montana1 likes this.
  28. Brings to mind; Ford Motor Co., General Motors, Quaker State, or any other brand of "Motor oil" etc., etc. :confused:

29. Oh and HAMB classified ads that look like this...

FS: HOT ROD PARTS!!

1. Old nash headlight buckets rusted but useable $30

2. One 6 x 9 JVC speaker $15

3. Set of tires off of corvair. 40% tread $80

4. Pair of hubcaps from late 60's Ford $10

5. Mufflers $20

All parts are negotiable. Please PM only

I remember a homeless gentleman stopping me at the end of my driveway and offering to sell me half of an old VHS rewinder that he found in the trashcan that was modeled to look like a 57 Chevy because he noticed that I was "in to cars"...

Classified ads that look like this sort of remind me of that day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.