Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Exhaust: Maryland

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jsimonds, Nov 30, 2009.

1. jsimonds

jsimonds
    from NE

Seems like quite a few folks from MD, Va. Throw this out there. Can you recommend someone who can get the job done right? Need a custom exhaust nothing fancy for my 66 Nova. Trying to avoid the "FLOWMASTER" is faster shops thanks ;) Need a real shop with guys my age eg fully mature ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. oj

oj

If you are near winchester there is a good shop there, but...you used the words 'custom exhaust' and 'nothing fancy' in the same sentence. People use language like that in my shop get encouraged to leave. Custom work by fully mature craftsmen is by nature what people could call 'fancy', we call it professional.

3. jsimonds

jsimonds
    from NE

LOL. Fair enough sir fair enough. Thirty second rule? I am looking for a professional shop that will bend a set of pipes for my 66' and do it right the first time.

4. Give Tony at "Tony"s Exhaust" a call.

He is in Glen Burnie on Crain Hgw.

410-760-5108.

Oldmics

5. 41hemi

41hemi

Yeah Tony's Custom Exhaust does very nice work. They do anything from all out show cars to daily drivers. Friends of mine have had work done there on their hot rods and all are satisfied. I would vouch for him.

6. oj

oj

I send my stuff to Bayne's in winchester if that is handy. I like them 66 Nova, have a 67 myself. Special cars. Good luck, oj

7. alteredimage

alteredimage

Personaly I hate the bent exhaust route. I don't like the kinks it leaves unless you have a very very expensive machine. I get stainless U's and cut and tig them back together. Looks alot nicer in the end.

8. jsimonds

jsimonds
    from NE

Dang they must be good. I've heard from a pal the same and appreciate everyone chiming in. I did call and they only carry FlowMaster or something he calls a "turbo". If I'm stuck with FlowMaster can folks recommend for me? This is a mild 327, roller rocker, hedders, 10:1, 280H cam. Sorry to flame FlowMaster prior I've heard a few from inside the ride which droned badly at Hwy speeds otherwise sounded real nice.

9. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

drive on down here to Marietta GA...I'll do it.

10. alteredimage

alteredimage

Magnaflow mufflers. I don't understand why people pay to have a custom exhaust made and not make it out of Stainless. I like doing stuff once.

11. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I do stainless...but down here our stuff don't rust like up north, so it's really just for looks.

12. jsimonds

jsimonds
    from NE

don't ask twice you'll end up feeding me and my dog :D I'm no trouble but that dog man he can eat!

13. I "2nd" this motion!

14. jsimonds

jsimonds
    from NE

Just wanted to cap this thread and thank everyone.

Tony's did an excellent job they are great. Nice folks who do honest work. VERY impressive skills displayed.

I went with 2 1/2" and magnaflows with an H pipe. Sounds great and an immed. got seat of the pants affirmation the engine runs better and def. takes off faster.

Tony"s Exhaust in Glen Burnie on Crain Hgw.
    410-760-5108.

15. oj

oj

Good deal, thanks for the follow-up.

16. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

Another vote for Tony's. Everything i've seen that he's done has turned out great.