Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a steering rack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cragar, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Cragar

Cragar

Ok I am looking for a steering rack for a xj6 jag now before you all freek and give me a hard time I have put a jag front end in a 58 Apache and I do not want to convert the dash to right hand drive so I need a left hand drive steering rack for an xj6 seires 1 2 or 3 jag or the name and number of a wrecking yard that would have one .As I have run out of choices hear in Aus

2. I know the feeling mate.
    I'm in NZ and it took me 6 months to find a LHD XJ rack for my Lincoln.
    They are out there though...

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you chatted with Oldcol on the ozrodders site? If there is one in Melb he would likely know and he is a hell of a good guy.

4. Cragar

Cragar

one of you guys must know where i can get a rack from someone in the USA must be wrecking Jags

5. Scott Danforth

Scott Danforth

try car-part.com

6. caseyrod

caseyrod

what you need brother my local junk jard has 6 jags right now, all have the racks give me the details ,year model I ll pick the best one at cost. if you want a remand I ll find out for you but you will need a core.I see if I can help you

7. 59continental

59continental

just ordered a rebuilt one from jaguar heaven in stockton california. 399 with tie rods and rack bushes. Try them they fast and freindly. Also they have rebuildables for 100 u.s. cheers neil.

p.s. im putting mine into a 58 apache also. seen it done twice looks better than the more common hq setup.

8. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

jaguar heaven is the place jaguarheaven.com

9. digaribay

digaribay

How about some pics of the jag instal on your apache?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">