Register now to get rid of these ads!

does jamco ever answer their phone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slickschoppers, Dec 3, 2009.

1. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

I have seen alot of posts that recommend jamco for suspension parts.....

I want to lower my 53 pontiac about 2-3 inches but have questions..............

all I ever get when I call is an answering machine... is there a good time to call them?

i'm only a little hesitant because if I order from them and have an issue would I be able to contact them with a question?

2. srfd132

srfd132

I just ordered a deluxe lowering kit for my Caddy and I gotta say the parts are top notch, the rides great and the drop was just right. I had to get a hold of them, I called, left messages, e-mailed and couldn't get a response. I finally was able to talk to them through the HAMB, they are a vendor here and I sent them a PM. Got a reply the next day or 2. Good luck.

3. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Same problem trying to get ahold of them. Don't give up, Good people and good products. Ted

4. nutajunka

nutajunka

Maybe that's why their name is jamco? Their all jammed up...................:rolleyes:

5. Good to know, I was just going to call them an order about 6g worth of stuff...

6. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I have seen this posted on our social group also,they make excellent products that have recieved high praise, but are a USA small business company so be patient, in the long run it will be worth it.At least when they answer you won't be talking to someone in India.

7. Abomb

Abomb

They are an alliance dealer here, so you could try that, or, PM hottweelz

8. sled

sled

I just grabbed the phone from here (Mexico) and i talked straight to Jim ,actually im in need of front lowering of my Caddy 48 sedanette...very friendly and helpful by the phone and he told me also that they are very busy there...i was lucky i suppose!
    Will be ordering some dropped custom made coils to exact my specs..cool!

Be patient and try again,cause they are definately worth it..

9. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Hey guys, I asure you we are here. With the sale we have going on right now, the phones will not stop ringing (not complaining) If you have left us a mesage, we will call you back. I have tried to return a few calls and when I start to dial, a call rings in and takes over. So, I promise to call you back if you have left your contact info. Orders can also be placed on line at www.jamcosuspension.com. In the customer comments field, let us know your HAMB member so we can get you your discount.
    Thanks again,

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  10. No troubles... they are good guys! Thanks again Jim!

11. I ordered some rear drop leaf springs for my 50 Merc and the new bushings did not arrive. I called Jim and he had them overnighted to me at no additional expense. I will definitely buy from them again even if I have to call back a couple of time to talk to a human. By the way, I am very happy with the springs...

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They just moved, too. Give them a minute, they are good people.

13. onedge

onedge

hang in there! good luck w/ the 53!

14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I spoke with JC 'Hottweelz" here on the hamb back a couple of months ago and He returned my call literally within minutes. They are prolly just real busy.

15. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Placed an order the first week of December, the 8th i believe. Order full lowered suspension for my 50 merc. Never received the bushings for the leaf springs, spindles, king pins, dropped steering arms, or the check valve for the power brakes. Only received coil springs, power brake booster w/ master cyl, leaf springs, and ubolts. Trying to contact them for tracking number info and no one has returned my calls in over a week. Trying to be patient and understanding that its the holiday season also its just so frustrating being that i have half the front suspension and half the back so i cant work on either until i get the rest of the parts.

16. Just delt with Jamco again, great guys, great service!

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I've had nothing but good service from Jamco, and when I have left a phone message, it is returned in a day or so.

18. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I recently picked up a bunch of parts for my 1950 Ford from Jamco and I only have good things to say about them.
    David

19. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I'm sorry but as the owner of 2 business's for almost 20 years,I don't understand the "Great Service " returned calls in a day or so " sorry to me that is not a great business model, the customer is your companies life blood, , without them you have nothing. We moved 3 times , the first thing we got running was the information lines , phones, IT, fax's etc. weeks before we even started moving the real shop.
    I have purchased from Jamco and was very pleased with the outcome just saying there is no reason for not answering any incomming inquiries very promptly .
    I have a policy which all my people know well. If I hear it ring 3 times your out of a job, period.

20. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

Are there any tricks to getting ahold of Jim (or Anybody?) over at Jamco? I've been trying to call all this and last week, only have gotten voicemail (left a few messages), and haven't received a call back (though I did get a PM finally the other day).

I would actually like to have a conversation with you guys about the status of my order....................

21. Ain't that the truth - all this outsourcing overseas is really annoying for those of us who speak English :mad:

Steve

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I live in the area and had good luck with calling them.

23. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

Jim, please pick up the phone? I know you guys are busy, but all I need is 2 minutes to figure out how many more weeks this is going to take........

24. Tank

Tank

I filled out something on the tech part of their website, and got a phone call from them a few days later. Really nice people, just be patient.

25. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

Yes, they are great people! I'm just in a bind at the moment and parts are late due to factors out of their control... Not much either of us can do, but Jim was nice enough to check in just a bit ago to let me know that things might just be another week.

Thanks, Jim. And get that secretary hired for your phones already! :)

26. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

There is never an "excuse" for Piss Poor Customer Service ! ! !

27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Each time I've called Jamco (from PA) I've either gotten through or he's called me back in less than an hour - most recently a week or so ago . Always a positive experience for me ...