Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pop's Deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Bull

Bull

I received an e-mail from a friend this morning with a picture of his dad's hot rod. His dad had just found the picture and he was excited to share it. The picture was simply titled "Pop's Car." I figured you guys would love it. Here's the story I got from my buddy:

"The story I just got from my mom and dad (as best they can remember). It was my dad's first car. The picture was taken in 1947 in Detroit. That and street cars were his only transportation. When the car broke down my mom and dad had to rely on the street cars to get around. My mom remembers driving in it with my dad because the car had no windshield, or windows (that was her first comment). The engine was stock, my dad did have to re-build the transmission then he got rid of the car. My mom and dad were hot rodders and didn't even know it!"

How they really did it back then!
    [​IMG]

2. bartikus

bartikus

thats pretty cool

3. Neat old car but not a deuce probably a Model A,,30/31 HRP

4. Bull

Bull

I thought it might be an A, but I was just going on what I was told by my buddy -- which was relayed to him by his father.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Correct, 30/31 Model A. Nice pic though!

6. Still cool none the less!:) HRP

7. Bull

Bull

I just noticed what looks like the cap for the cowl tank where the Deuce would have had a cowl vent. Sorry to mis-lead. Still way cool in my book though!

8. monkey19

monkey19

very cool pic

9. Check out the split wishbones mounted to a piece of angle iron.:eek:

10. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Great photo!

I also know the friend of Bull and have met the owner of the roadster. The photo captures the youth of hot rodding. If it were my father's car, the photo would be priceless and displayed in an appropriate room of the house......

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn Rat Rodders!!!:D:D:D I seen that too and I love how crude the front end looks with out the existence of a grille shell. It's very low budget but I am sure this thing was a shit load of fun!

Hell I would place this picture in an appropriate location in my house even if it's not my fathers.

12. A great picture! How it was REALLY done. Back when that car was built, a lot of kids did it that way because they couldn't afford any more, and deserve credit for their efforts.