Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Ranchero Taillights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MAC50, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MAC50

MAC50
    from Illinois

Any one got any ideas on tail lights for a 1960 Ranchero/ Falcon? Thought about frenching in 59 Caddys, Are they too small?

2. MAC50

MAC50
    from Illinois

3. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

'59 Caddy Tail lights are PLAYED OUT !!

I had '60 Buick lights in my Daughters '62 Falcon, '59 Buick & '60 Dodge are a good fit also.

Buick lights will go in with just drilling new holes & hammering over the stock bumps for the original mounting holes... Cool ting is you can remove them, Bend the holes back & re-installe the Stock lights if you need to.

4. You want this but frenched in. Caddy lights are over done and played out already. Be original.

Attached Files:

5. MAC50

MAC50
    from Illinois

6. '60 Buick for sure. Cadillac taillights are weak.

7. Erwin

Erwin

'59 Cad verses '59 Buick? The Buick absoloutely has the right asthetic for your Falcon if you want bullet tailights. It will probably need a brim to fill out the opening. Outer circumfrence of a stock lense would do the trick.

8. ojai/jan

ojai/jan
    from ojai, CA

Hi,

I used NOS '60 Buicks on my 1964 Ranchero. Drilled some holes and they went right on. Buicks also have reflectors in the center which is handy.

Jan in Ojai, CA

9. 46achers

46achers

64 Fairlane will work with some slight work to them

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

Same thing we told you about 59 Caddy lights over on the Czar board. I guess you didn't like that answer. :D

11. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

52-53-54-55-56 Ford taillamps might be usable.

13. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

59 Caddies? No. They put 'em on EVERYTHING and its boring. I've even seen them on motorcycles. There must be a better option.

14. 1960 Frontenac.

15. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

If you could find a set i would use them

Paul Jug

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love 59 Cad bullets but they are way over done and as several mentioned seem to be stuck on just about everything that moves or doesn't move.

Another think that you might take a look at is the 56 Chev lens. A simple bullet that is shorter and a bit larger in diameter than the Cad. The guy who bought my 51 Merc pulled out the 59 Cad bullets I had frenched in the back fenders and put in 56 Chev bullets and it looks pretty good.
    With the bullets sticking out as far as they do on the Red Ranchero you have to fear that some asshat will come along and knock them off everytime you park the thing anywhere.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

17. Barn-core

Barn-core

'59 Cad tailights are way too played out. Havng said that, here's what I did. I cut out the center of the stock tailight and fit the caddy lens from the back, and glued the two together. This gave it a bit of a different look, and it didn't stick out too far. Probably wouldn't do it again, but it's the look I wanted for this car. Years ago there was a thread on here about building a pressureized box to build bubble lenses, I'd like to try that next time I build Falcon,... which may be soon.

Attached Files:

18. MAC50

MAC50
    from Illinois

I found a set of 60 Buick gonna try them tomorrow

Attached Files: