Register now to get rid of these ads!

My little helpers are at it again.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Nov 21, 2009.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Every time I go out in the garage my wife takes a vacation and my daughters stroll out.Instead of getting mad I put them to work ,They love to sweep and they dust off my car. And yes they are girls, They understand not to be out there when Im welding or sanding.I cant wait till they get a little older and Ill have them metal prep a car Probably another 9 years from now. They are only 6 . Its funny my wife tells them not to get dirty.

2. storm king

storm king

That's great carcrazyjohn! My daughter was the same way with me and my stuff for many years when she was small. I was mostly doing bikes back then, and she could ride a motorcycle before she could ride a bicycle! I got her the usual PW50, and she was riding, without training wheels or restrictor plate, when she was four years old.
    Her Mom died when she was just seven years old, and life kind of changed for the both of us. But it was great for a time. I hope you always have that bond.

3. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

this my daughter giving me a hand today...

Attached Files:

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

It is a great feeling ,My one daughter made me proud the other day.She loves the smell of Bondo.In her own words

5. My daughter is only 3 months, so mama said no shop time yet. I cant wait to take her out and answer all her crazy questions in a couple years! Btw heres my cutie about a month ago.

Attached Files:

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

She's adorable Congratulations Id post pics of mine but I still dont know how .

7. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

go to post reply and then go down to manage attachments. add them there

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 531.jpg Thanks I did it wrong but at least the second listing posted the pics.

9. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Here are mine givin me a hand.
    They are a bit older now, I need to take some new pictures.

Attached Files:

10. Teach them young, surprise the hell out of everyone.

11. hvychvy

hvychvy

Ver cool,mines 2.5,and wants to be in the shop all the time,just got to watch her with the hammers!!She was tryin to take out my alliance tag in this one:)

Attached Files:

12. Stumpuller

Stumpuller

whoa! Irondoctor, that is a fleet of girls!

ive got one little girl thats 6 months she melts my heart and i love her to death, she was fussing one day when mary was out and I took her out in Norma Jean (bumper grinding ratty 69 C-10)
    glasspacks and all she was asleep in 2 minutes haha

my dad was the only boy in like 5 kids and my wife has 3 siblings all girls and none of em are hard to look at... i just know im gonna have a fleet of girls too... i need a shotgun!

13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Teach them how to do the basic stuff check oil, change tires. I have 4 girls and one granddaughter. I should have fired a warning shot lol.

14. KOTC

KOTC

nice looking coupe in the background! is that an sn-95 dash in the car? looks abnormal from stock...

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys, for sharing. My wife and I don't have any children, and seeing yours helping in the garage warms my heart. hvychvy, your daughter goin' after your tag with the pick-hammer, and you "reachin' quick" is priceless. Hahahahaha! - Rick

16. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

I put my daughter to work all the time she loves hanging in the garage......
    [​IMG]

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

This is my girl helping me out.

Attached Files:

• 061.jpg
      061.jpg
      File size:
      487.5 KB
      Views:
  18. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

wow. Good eyes. Yep that is a sn-95 dash. I recently put it in. Its a 90 florida state patrol car. It also has a 98 4v cobra motor. Sorry guys, i know this car is o/t.

19. kisam

kisam

I love this thread! The pictures are adorable. When I was a little girl and my Dad asked me if I wanted to go to work with him, it was the best day ever. He was a bodyman and I too still love the smell of bondo because I associate it with him!

My Dad is here visiting from out of state. He is now 83 years old and today I am taking him to my shop!

20. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

My youngest son quickly grew out of it. He used to play with an old 265 in the shop. He loved to spin the fan. He called it his engine. I gave him a big block of wood and a 100 nails for him to pound into oblivion. Video games became more important and the rest is history. I hope you have better luck.

21. 6mopar7

6mopar7

Awesome, you are a blessing to him as he was & still is to you. So very COOL ! Get someonw to take a few photos today. Thanks for sharing.

22. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

my 11yr old loved to be in the garage but she is to much of a girl now but my 3 yr old loves the garage she would be out there all the time if she could she will sit in what ever car I am working on after I chopped the top on my 53 her favorite thing was to sit behind the wheel with me in the middle and my wife on the pass side we would sit there for what seemed like hours just laughing and talking

23. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Yeah I have a gang. Actually the little one in the middle is my boy.
    took me 4 to get a boy

24. garcoal

garcoal

my daughter now 21 when she was 3-4 years old she came out to my garage . i kept one drawer in my tool box as her tools. it amounted to a couple of open end wrenches and piece of brake line. she wrenched for a number of years with these few parts i still have them, she never hurt a thing. my son on the other hand could mess up a anvil . but he still helps.

25. 31modelo

31modelo

My 7yr old comes out only to weld or I bend up flat stock and he straitens it out with a 2lb hammer and anvil. The 3yr old comes out sit in the car to drive it or pretend he's fixing the engine. It's good fun and love it when they come out.

26. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

My little almost 4 month old helper, Henry Jenner Nelson.

Chris

Attached Files:

27. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

My daughters are 34 and 38 now. They used to come out to the garage to "help" me. When the oldest one turned 16 she bought a 69 Camaro. Just a plain Jane, but we put on new quarters, cowl induction hood, 15" rallys, duals and a good stereo the painted 73 Corvette yellow. She drove it thru high school but when she went to college she wouldn't take because she didn't want it to get tore up. Now 22 years and 3 children later she still has it. It is all apart now in my shop for a complete redo. We(me and my daughter) built a Vortec headed 355 with a T5. It will be a blood red this time.
    When we built it the first time she wanted to work on it, so I let her clean some parts, sand some bondo, and taught her how to paint. I think what that did was give her confidence to try anything. She is 5'2" but she thinks she is 6'2". When she and her husband decided to build a new house a few years ago she took the job of the general contracter(acting). She bought the lumber, hired the crews, scheduled them and paid the crews. And the house turned out great.
    The other daughter did not aquire an interest in cars but her husband does, so thats OK too.
    Sometimes you get lucky I guess. Now I am hoping for at least one of the 5 grandkids to have an interest. If they don't thats alright too.

28. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

When I road raced in SCCA my wife and daughters helped on the race car and raced staffed at the track.
    They also navigated for me on road rallys, with the youngest one and I winning our class a few years ago.
    My oldest daughter a Capitian in the US special forces drives a Jetta and runs marathons, and hikes and camps in the mountians,
    The yougest on drives a beat up Camry but is saving up for a Sabaru WRX
    My son bought his first car a 22 years old and has no idea what a wrench or hammer is used for. He is working on a doctorate degree in litature.
    All three were raised in a garage and a midwest road race tracks and only one turned into a car nut, but I'm cool with that.
    The oldest daughter is moving to Austin Texas next January I would love to go down there in April and take her to the roundup.