Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bosch Magneto for a Model A serial number?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Sep 30, 2005.

1. anyone know what serial numbers of the old Bosch 4 Cylinder Magnetos will fit a Model A/b Ford motor? I think that they made magnetos for the A/B motors, but don't know the numbers to look for. thanks!

2. I don't think Bosch made a A/B specific mag.

Most if not all Bosch mag set-up's you see on T/A/B engines are side drive.

Also I don't think you would have a specific part number if they done an A/B mag as all 4 cylinder mags are the same its just the drive on the bottom that changes. Not taking into account differences in number of degrees of advance and direction of rotation of course, but this is all internal.

Nosetime likes this.
  3. yeah, you're prolly right- I just saw one on ebay for cheap but there's no pic, so I thought I'd check into it. Hey- nice looking two pot updraft setup you got going there dude.
    I'm running a magneto as well. I'll post pics here next week of the motor in detail with what i've done so far.
    thanks
    john

4. Cool, I'll work forward to it.

5. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

i have one here i just have to clean it up to read the numbers, american bosch patent 1914

6. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo