Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yokohama Custom Hotrod Motor Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vivalahotrod, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Friday before the show. Taking Mon. off and returning to Nagoya in the evening. Let me know if you get out of the work gig.

2. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Got my plane ticket reserved and the hotel is good to go.
    I will be flying in on Saturday
    I know it`s still a month out but here`s my cell # for those of you coming from outside of Japan

Joe 080-1762-9847

3. Day before the show or a week before the show??

4. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

I`ll be there the day before the show and staying a the Isezakicho Washington Hotel.

5. theladylux

theladylux

I'll be there again!
    Can't wait....last year was a blast!

6. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

These arrived in the mail Monday

[​IMG]

7. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Oh you Basashi Junkie!!!!!! :D

8. theladylux

theladylux

Hahaha Mark!

Oh what will I ever do without the most awesome Tokyo tour guide?

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

supposedly HemiDave is going!

so........should I bring my Fandango LP to get it signed?

nahhhhhhhhhhhh

that would be too fanboy

10. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Just dont take my missus to pole dancing again.

She loved it toooooo much!!!! :D

11. rustybones

rustybones

me and my girl will be coming over from australia too much to do the night before?cheers chris

12. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

The Melbourne girls from Atom Bomb Baby ended up cruizing Yokohama in a Carson topped 39 Merc custom....with Gene Winfield, the night before.

When you're over there, you'll be one of about 30 (max) foreigners (gaijin), so it won't be hard to gravitate towards each other!

All roads lead to Mooneyes.....just take a Japanese version map, and hand it to the Taxi Driver!

13. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

It`s getting closer....
    any other takers???

14. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

15. I was planning to go, but cant get the time off. Are there any other shows early next year??

16. Hillbillywill

Hillbillywill
    from Brunei

I'll be there.....been wanting to go to this show for 10 years now!
    I'm on the right side of the planet, so I can't not go.
    How about a hook-up at the Mooneyes shop/cafe on Saturday sometime?

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

Jump on this offer guys "Comet' the man and can handle all comers. :D Really, this is a very cool indoor car show and worth the price of $33 dollars. Went in 2007 and had a great time talking to all the American vendors and our friends from down under. Makes me wish I wasn't leaving for California on Dec. 3rd. Everyone have a cool time at the show.

CRUISER :cool:

18. sololobo

sololobo

Man would I love to attend this fab event. I have a lot of Japanese friends from exporting tons of vintage clothing there. Had a half dozen customers from Japan that are trad car fiends. Jon from Cool Stuff will represent the Midwest very well!! Rock on and enjoy!! ~Sololobo~

19. Haha, thanks Wayne...so far no takers. The offer still stands! I wish you were staying too:(

Can you say business expense!?! You can travel in business class and write it off! :D

20. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

After the party on Saturday I will be heading here for the rest of the evening
    [​IMG]

21. theladylux

theladylux

The Dice party rocked last year!!!!....Wonder if Dean will make another stage appearance??? I bet everyone is stoked that the party is in Yokohama this year, rather than central Tokyo...heard the cab ride was pretty spendy back to the hotel....guess I'll be the one forking over the cash now back to Tokyo!

22. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

I just gotta worry about the ride from the airport to the hotel.
    After that it walking distance to everything else.

23. Let me know if you need any help vivalahotrod. The Narita Express train is the best way. It goes all the way to Yokohama, depending on the time schedule (ie, not all go to Yokohama)

24. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Thanks for the offer.
    I can get around pretty good it`s just the mad rush of little people pushing and shoving that gets me going. I don`t mind when I get stared at (I have alot of tattoos) I do mind when people are rude and try push you out of thier way and then give you the evel eye like it`s your fault that thier late.

25. NOt to worry, that pushing and packing is typically only during "rush hours" for work. As well, you'll probably be coming in to Haneda, yes?? Only a short train ride to Yokohama from there... some trains will run straight to Yokohama from the airport in fact, but at most will have to change once.

26. Mapped out the club 9. Link here:

http://diddlefinger.com/m/kanagawaken/yokohamashi/386354/?ch=1-15

Looks like a few minutes walk from Nihonodori St, is the third stop on Minatomirai line out of Yokohama St. Also maybe slightly longer walk from Kanai St on Negishi line, one stop. I believe this club is on the fringe of Chinatown..

27. Haha, that's true-I forgot to ask which airport he's arriving at. I assumed Narita since there are so many more international options.

Viva, the Japanese have a different sense of personal space. They aren't rude in their minds, its a cultural thing. Think about it, with that many people, it's almost a survival thing. In NY, they'd be at each other throats if they did that, but it's just a way of life in Japan and they mean no harm. Just look for the prettiest girl and go stand next to her! :D
    But J's right, the commuter trains are the ones like that, not the airport ones.

28. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I rode those busy trains all day long for nearly three years.....and I only smacked one guy in the head. Smitty32 was itchin for his handgun when he was there with me (hahahahaaaa) :)

but remember......in Japan, there is no Jury (it just started a month ago)....there's a 99% guilty rate.....and they have the Death Penalty......so do NOT get arrested!!!!!!

as for Japanese not having a notion of personal space.......just stand near the good lookin fillies that the businessman never give up a seat for.....if you MUST have someone pushed hard up against you,....she might as well be soft and supple!!!:D

29. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Just use Motomachi Chukagai station (eki).
    Its the end of the line so you dont have to worry about express vs local train services etc.

Chukagai MEANS Chinatown (if I remember right).
    Its 6 blocks walk from there, through a GREAT area!!!!

The first 2 blocks contain all the fake western wedding reception centres (hours of comedy there!!!).
    After that......its all the fun of a Chinatown in one of the world's biggest cities.

In the opposite direction..

To get to Mooneyes....from Motomachi Chukagai eki....take a Cab to "Hon-Mo-Ku ku-de-sai" (Honmoku please).

or if you're REAL brave, take the #8 or #58 bus from under the big overpass next to the river. but you'd BETTER have change!!!!!!!!

If you try to walk to Mooneyes, the backstreets take you past the famous "Gaijin cemetary" (awesome!!!!) but its a looooong walk (about 30 mins) which is tough unless you have a pretty young local guide to help!!!!

:D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  30. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

That`s why I never go to Naha on the weekend. Okinawans are preety easy going but in the capital city they all try to act like mainlanders.

Now that`s some good advice