Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods look at this 1939 ford truck cab , MOUNTAIN FIND

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RS3SDL2MG, Nov 18, 2009.

1. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

Hello to all , I live in southwest VA. and this 1939 ford truck cab is up in the mountain's here where I live , what I was wondering is would it be worth my effort to go get this thing down out of the mountain's and could I sell it or maybe trade it for something ? basically what I am asking is would ANYONE WANT IT ?
    it is rusted bad near the bottom but the top of it is real solid , I do bodywork so I know it would not be easy but it could be repaired so check out these pic's and give me your opinions thank's ,,,,

P.S. it has both door's and they are rusty on the bottom but half way up or so they are good and the top's are real solid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oj

oj

Got a VIN#?

3. Well, no, it's not going to sell for a small fortune on eBay or anything, but it might be worth a couple hundred bucks to the right guy and I've seen worse starts to a project.

4. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

find out who owns it first!.. then see if they will sell it to you...

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

Drag it out.

Bring it to my house.

I'll give you 50 bucks.

Rich

6. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

(LOL) it belong's to mother nature right now but she will let me have it CHEAP :D

7. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

I have not looked for a vin ? where would it be on a 1939 ford truck ?

8. WCRiot

WCRiot

Finders Keepers Loosers Weepers:D

9. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

they used to be a lot of old hulk's like this around here , back in the day when a car or truck quit running or was wrecked they just pushed them over the hill !
    also near this truck cab right beside the road is a 1929 to 1932 ford sedan top and I was talking to an old man about it one day and he told me where the rest of it was OVER A HILL so I went to look and there it was they wrecked it and must have cut the top off for some reason ? the top look's cool sticking out of the ground ,,

10. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

this website is BUSY WOW !

11. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

someone might buy it.thanks

12. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

13. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Hmmm... judging by the banged up rear of the cab... i'm thinking it was a flatbed truck, and maybe a logging truck? Have you identified if it was a half ton or heavier truck?

Were there any logging operations where you were at?

-Chris

14. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have one of those in a lot better shape that I will sell
    Mine has GULF on the door

15. manyolcars

manyolcars

it ran when parked!

16. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put some railroad ties under it for legs and you will have a deer stand. It would be beter if the windows were in it then you could roll them up to keep out the cold.

17. R.I.P =Rust IN Peace

18. ive seen worse than that fixed. someone will want it.

19. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

I don't know any history on it , but I do know it was left at an abandoned coal mine that went out in the 40's to 50's so it's been sitting there for 50 plus year's , the cab got mashed when the company I work for did some construction and had to move it , they were gonna crush it and bury it to get it out of the way but I would not let them ,

20. BenW455

BenW455

Someone will buy it but not for a lot. Couple hundred.

21. You won't find a vin on the body, it would be on the frame.

22. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

:D you won't find no vin on whats left of this frame !

23. nutajunka

nutajunka

Good thing about old car's and trucks are that they don't eat anything, until you start working on them. Drag it home.

24. freebird101

freebird101

25. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Even the crank out windshield has been taken

26. RS3SDL2MG

RS3SDL2MG
    from va

don't know if it's a 1/2 ton or not , cab would be the same ?

27. Ford only put the serial number on the bell of the transmission case and on the frame. There would not be a serial number anywhere on the cab.

28. Pickup and big truck cabs are essentially the same. Difference is that big truck (3/4 ton and up) has the gas tank under the seat and the gas filler behind the passenger side door. '38 and '39 cabs are essentially the same. '38 had laminated cardboard inside door panels, '39 had stamped sheet metal panels. '38 has a square hole in the middle of dash for an ashtray, ashtray for '39 was optional and fastened to bottom lip of dash. Windshield regulator and upper dash panel are different. '38 has a handle just above the ridge of the upper dash panel, '39 has a round knob up on top of the upper dash panel. Everything else is the same.

29. screwball

screwball

if you have a place to store the stuff I would pick up all the tin you can if its free they arnt making more of it in China yet. There is some one looking for every thing including whats left of the A parts for patch panels or missing parts from other projects as long as the price is right.

30. Hodad

Hodad

I found a similar cab up here in Maine fishing along a stream. Talked to the old guy who's house was the closest on the way out. A pint of wiskey and it was mine for the taking.. literally rolled it out.. brought it home.. was way too rough for me to fix.. but got all the garnish mouldings and a nice spoon pedal set up off it.. sold the garnish mouldings for 50 bucks.. used the pedal on my car.. gave the doors to a friend. the firewall was really nice as it was sitting on it's back .. still got that. If you have some time on your hands and a place to put it .. why not.