Register now to get rid of these ads!

History WWII on History Channel This Week...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Nov 17, 2009.

1. krooser

krooser

Incredible look at WWII.... if you can catch this show. 9PM EST.

Remember, these guys came home from war and started the hot rodding movement...

2. Has been on all week, 5 nights, 2 hours a night, I sat there with my mouth open. Really everyone should be required to watch these films in school, they're the closest you're going to come to seeing what war is really like without actually being there.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Great show, I watched the first two nights and will watch the next three.

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've been recording all the episodes on my DVR. Great stuff!

5. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I love the History Channel. They always have good shows on about the War and Tanks and Warbirds and such.

6. H3O

H3O

don't have to watch it. i learned what happened from my grandfather. he served in okinawa from 43-45. very tragic and disturbing what he went through to protect this nation. he is my hero. but i saw part of it. freakin nuts.

R.I.P. grandpa - US ARMY
    bronze star, purple heart - WWII

7. it really puts into perspective how bad war is
    tk

8. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

The film footage is spectacular. They weaved it into the story lines very well. They were the greatest generation.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've been watching it and I'm really enjoying it, but I'm a nut for history anyway. Yet in my mind, during the commercials, I can't help but wonder when someone is going to do the definative documentory on hot rodding. I can only dream.

10. 41woodie

41woodie

Anyone know how many episodes there are? I'm trying to set my DVR to catch them all. Did it start Sunday or Monday?

11. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks ,I forgot that is on.

12. There are 10 episodes, they are showing 1 & 2 tonight again.

CBB

13. The year I was born, every country in Europe surrendered to the Nazis' except Great Britain. This was before Pearl Harbor. Can't imagine this country if we had lost that war. We will be called upon again,the only question is when and will we step up.
    God bless those who fought for liberty.

14. Unreal footage of WWII. I am always in awe of those that served. When I see an older person wearing a hat with anything WWII related I always try to strike up a conversation. As a native Detroiter the thing that amazes me is that the Goverment and Henry turned the car plants into plants for making ships, and planes in 1MONTH!! could you imagine that today? The Goverment also hoped for 1 plane per day production and Henry got it up to 1 per hour. Amazing testicular fortitiude of that generation. Gotta go the show just came back on!!

15. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Been sucked in for several hours now. Can't.....change.....channel......

16. Chance it

Chance it

Absolutely true. I watch the history channel all the time and thought I'd seen every bit of footage shot. I have to agree the film footage is spectacular. Watching it now.

17. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

great stuff. been watching the history channel rocks....

18. I love the color (not colorized) film in this series. It makes the whole scale of what they were seeing and doing jump out of the screen. And the narration is top-notch. Best WWII series since "Band of Brothers", IMO.

19. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Benn watching while every minute.

TV next to my computer. History channel on most of the nights while I'm on here..

Yep..best since Band of Brothers

20. caseyrod

caseyrod

live it,lern it,love it,and dont forget it next time you go to the voting polls.!!!!

21. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IT is a great program series. I watched 2 nights in a row.

22. Capt.Mike

Capt.Mike

Turned it on the other night by chance. It was the one about the invasion of Guadelcanel. I knew my father was there from the little bit he had told me about it. Then I almost fell over, there he was. Only a few seconds of film but there he was. No wonder he never talked about it. Thanks Pop. GGuadalcanaluGuadalcanaladalcanalGuadalcanal

23. chaddilac

chaddilac

Anyone see that welder flip the helmet up to reveal a good looking blonde!!!! Wow!!

24. slobroy

slobroy

Watching it now. Thanks to all who served.

25. skunx1964

skunx1964

wow!:eek:

26. George G

George G

What's the series called?

27. havi

havi

been glued to it as well. Marbrey was in the same division as my grandfather, so I'm now getting a glimpse into his past that he would never talk about.....and rightly so.

28. chaddilac

chaddilac

You could here those flatheads in the amphibious vehicles!!! Lot's of neat stuff, but lots of sad stuff as well!!

29. I've been glued to the TV.....

The WWII generation is one of the greats. We're lucky to know and learn from them.

30. shoestring

shoestring

My grandpa passed away a month ago. He served in the pacific theatre, largely in the Philippines. This series helps frame the stories he told before he passed. I have a lot of Respect for veterans.