Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shops along my route?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Feverish Flattie, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Feverish Flattie

Feverish Flattie

Howdy Gents,

Thanks to H.A.M.B. members, I'm 10-12 days away from departure, driving a 1950 Ford F1 Pickup away from this cold, dark valley in NY to the Sunny, friendly state of Arizona. The route will go south first, as I'd like to visit the Gulf Coast of Florida, then west to AZ, or, actually anywhere I can feel warm and at home.
    I'm hoping to arrange a list of retro-ride tech shops along the route, in the event of mechanical issues beyond my skills or the contents of my toolbox. In addition, driving through the desert with a stock 3-speed top loader tranny seems a bit wasteful. A non-world class Tremec conversion is in my budget. If there's a shop in a warm pleasant area (like in the Carolinas or further South) that could perform this job before I hit the really long road, well then I'll have it done by them along the way.

So, if anyone on this board seeing this post could/would provide me with names and contact info for professional mechanical assistance, as well as specialty transmission installation that is not too far off my route, I'd be that much further ahead, with more peace of mind

I started this truck project when I lost My Wife to cancer, and since then no Hamber has steered me wrong, so the trust is there (I only wish Her oncologists were as knowledgeable as the folks on this forum. Maybe then I'd not be needing to flee NY and live elsewhere).

Sincere Thanks In Advance,

FF...aka Doc Hudson

2. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Hey Doc,

I can't swap out your tranny for you, but if you happen to be in need of a rest stop in your first 50 miles, stop by for a visit. I'm in Mount Kisco, NY! :D

3. Feverish Flattie

Feverish Flattie

How do you take your coffee? I'll bring some along...
    Doc

4. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

God speed Doc. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

In Tucson here is Wild West Rod and Custom. Next door to Peter Macey's Old Ford Store on the NW side off I-10. Let me know if you come by!

Hey, why'd you change your name anyways? Just curious.......

6. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Good Luck on your trip. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm a big F-1 fan. Keep us posted on the Hamb.

If you come through Oklahoma and need anything, send up a flare.

7. Big Dad

Big Dad

DFW area, if you need anything around here , let me know ..

Daryl

ps

Drive safe

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  8. roughneck424

roughneck424

Good for you , have a wonderfull time and keep us posted here so we can enjoy too!!!

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

Give Zman a pm. He is along the way in Raliegh/Durham and he owns a shop that does some great traditional work.

http://www.rodorama.com/

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  10. Flop

Flop

pittsburgh pa dont kn if your headed that far from the coast. but you could come check out my shop if your needing something to do

11. Coffee is always on if we are on your route. Kustom777 and Lou Mack 's shops are
    2 miles away . Have a great trip. Joe D

12. Paul_G

Paul_G

Have a safe trip and send some warm weather back this way when you get to AZ.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Thanks Mr. Sweet. We're in Raleigh NC, stop by either way.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you do have an issue on the road just put a post up on the HAMB labled "HAMBer DOWN in________" and we'll all try to get you assistance ASAP. My number, for emergencies night or day, if you need someone to post it for you is
    734-673-6930.

Good luck!