Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 cadillac glass? Will it fit a 50 buick?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SiXty4CheVy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. I have a 1950 buick roadmaster 1 piece windshield and wanted to know if a 51 cadillac windshield would fit it just right? I found a 51 cadillac parts car at a yard close here. all the glass is there and clean no cracks. Let me know if you guys want to know where its at but ima take the glass except vents and rear 3 piece. I heard the dash is clean to and has the radio and all and even seats but will need done up.

2. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Yes they will interchange as long as you don't cross body styles. If you could post the body style # from the nomunclature(sp) plate on the firewalls of the 2 cars I could tell you with certainty. (it's my business)
    Al:cool:

3. r8odecay

r8odecay

How does the parts car grille look?

4. well actually i haven't gone yet. My buddy came over and told me. I will let you know whats good. This is at a Pick your part. So this car wont last long even if nobody touches it they will end up crushing it. dang. I would love to take stuff apart and hold if for you guys but my gpa is helping me buy wat i need cause me a broke and this 50 buick will be my daily so i need this stuff. Dang wish i had more info..i goin in an hour so i will tell you more.thanks fellas.

5. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

If you could give me the # from your body I can tell you what Caddy # will match when you go to the yard.

6. crap i forgot to look at the number when i was there but I got the windshield off and it fits perfect on my buick. Only cost me 36 bucks. I am going back to get one side glass. I would take em all but im broke. The grill is nice. just needs that crappy primer sanded off it. If i had the doe i buy it and send it out to ya but most likely it will cost you arm and legto ship out and i have only enough now to buy my glass.sorry ..

7. You can probably buy all kinds of parts off it and flip them and make some money to use on your car.... for instance the grille you already have a buyer for...

8. yea but I am jobless and broke..been real tough getting a job. I work minimum wage but I cant even get that..So if I had the money i would take those and sell em but i cant i can only get wat I can afford for my car. Sorry i didn't mean to tease anyone. And damn me to hell cause that freakin glass broke on me for the passenger side.

9. You make selling parts off the car your job and you can eat this week, seems logical to me. Sell something else or bum a few bucks off someone ot get started.

10. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Hey man, any idea what they want for the back glass? I need the middle of the three piece back window for my Buick.

11. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Glad you got the windshield together. The side glass is all flat laminated & can be easily cut by any glass shop.
    Sounds like you should put in an app. at the u-pick-it.;)

12. Yea I am gonna do so Cadillac Al. Thanks for the reminder. Chris I sent you a Pm let me know if it works out. thanks everyone and sorry Roadecay if I could not help I feel bad but tough times bro. I hope you find a grill in great shape for a great price near you. Take care